• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

This is the US Gamestop exclusive Master Assassin's Edition of ACII. It includes a small hard-bound art book (same size as MW2 or GTAIV SE art books) and a bonus DVD with a making-of documentary and the soundtrack.

The only bummer is that the game sleeve itself has "Gamestop Exclusive!" printed right on it. Looks pretty lame......

The figure is absolutely awesome though. Best collector's edition item I've ever seen. It's super-detailed and very nicely molded in plastic/ heavy rubber. It's not polystone or ceramic, but high-quality like a Neca or McFarlane figure. It's really big too - pics at the bottom. Here are some more quick pics for scale:

Photo_111709_001.jpg

Photo_111709_002.jpg

Photo_111709_003.jpg

Why am I not surprised that Jade gets the first credit in the art book? What happened to her anyway? "Alive" has been dark for quite a while now....

Photo_111709_004.jpg

Photo_111709_005.jpg

Photo_111709_006.jpg

Picked up a bunch of Intellivision games from the local thift store. Almost all of these are complete with overlays and manuals in very good condition. Some are still in shrink.

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

The last picture has the voice synth module. Also, Demon Attack is a Atari 2600 game.

suikodan

monkeycrap said:
Picked up a bunch of Intellivision games from the local thift store. Almost all of these are complete with overlays and manuals in very good condition. Some are still in shrink.

PICT0068.jpg

The last picture has the voice synth module. Also, Demon Attack is a Atari 2600 game.

Wow! Nice finds and they all seem to be in NEW condition.

JOKE MODE ON
It's a shame that one of the boxes is "polluted" with french names... :lol :lol It would have been funny to have such a debate (ie: multilingual display on boxes) back in the 80s...
JOKE MODE OFF

Yes Boss! said:
So, I've not heard much about this game but it seems to come out tomorrow. Is there a full one-player game in this like in the PS3 release? Seems kinda strange to release it the week of NSMB Wii.

Thus is life! Anyway, it's essentially a mini version of LBP PS3 with a full-on story mode with the create features and whatnot. No multiplayer whatsoever.

I dropped a huge impression over here if you want to read it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18516319&postcount=16021

Ok, it has been a while since I posted on these threads (being in jail for the second time, it is starting to becoming annoying). So let´s see what the mail got me in the meantime:

Movie/TV stuff:

IMG_2326.jpg

Saturn Stuff: Tryrush Deepy, Zero 4 Champ, a 3-in-1 card (savegame, RAM card and region-free device) and s-video cable. Most of Saturn stuff I got is still travelling from Japan.

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

Xbox 360 stuff:

For my US machine, some recent releases: Ninja Blade, Dirt2, Need for Speed Shift, Sacred 2, Magna Carta 2, Brütal Legend.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

My entry on the music games, Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle

IMG_2325.jpg

Something from the European shores, Risen:

IMG_2334.jpg

And something from the far east of Japan, land of the inappropriate semicolon, Steans;Gate Limited Edition

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

From Korea, the Korean version of EveryParty

IMG_2361.jpg

Now, back to the original Xbox, Petit Copter (Japan only release) and ZillerNet (Karaoke game only released in Korea)

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

Also, a lot of magazines and books, I still have to find time to take more pictures.

.hacked

mjc said:
Got the complete series of Farscape for $69 at Best Buy. Great deal!

Great deal, set rang up $99.99 in store, had to go to the CS counter to have them match the website. Great show!!!!

30w2lfr.jpg

Awesome week! Got my 360 back from the Counterfeit Craigslister (see O-T)
5k20zt.jpg

And a bunch of shit I really couldn't afford lol. (Ignore LOST and MLB 2K9, clearance impulse buys)
a25awk.jpg

BTW the Sunny in Philly Christmas episode was amazing!

spats

Photo072.jpg

Yeeaahh boooiii. 7.99EUR(Thanks, Cheap-ass GAFfer thread!) Sure the gameplay is janky but the awesome cross-game references and self-deprecating humor totally make it worthwhile. :D

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
The world is yours but Mars is mine. ZOE3 believe.
ff2ycn.jpg

2vv0tup.jpg

Sorry for the shitty pics, I'll try to get some better ones later.

Blablurn

Liquidus said:
The world is yours but Mars is mine. ZOE3 believe.
ff2ycn.jpg

2vv0tup.jpg

Sorry for the shitty pics, I'll try to get some better ones later.

no way :lol send it to kojima! maybe he will start developing ZOE3 as soon as he sees these pictures!

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Apo said:
You have a tramp stamp? Were you drunk? At least it is not a butterfly. ;)

"The World Is Yours"

Its actually not too low on my back, at least not on my ass. Lower back I say. If that answer doesn't satisfy I was high on some coke and I am a whore but not that kind (though there's nothing wrong with that).

FOOTE

woo hoo!
Pictures006.jpg

Almost finished X-mas shopping, with these coming today. Just a watch each for my Dad and Step Mom.
Pictures005.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Gameboy Micro. Finally I have one of these sons a bitches. Crappy dual screens no more

2cmunf5.jpg

I was thinking of spray painting it or whatever, I have a friend who is an artist in this type of stuff but I have no clue about doing this with the Micro, anyone have tips? Do I have to use sandpaper beforehand?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
SuperÑ said:
I think it lacks of "A Hideo Kojima Production", but it's cool anyway.

Maybe on my stomach? No, no that's too much... or is it? I still want to get the Fox Unit fox done.

STG

Liquidus said:
Maybe on my stomach? No, no that's too much... or is it? I still want to get the Fox Unit fox done.

21btd8w.jpg

?
:F

@ Topic

30kcdgz.jpg

finally I have Gold! first time since the 1 month for free

Ecto311

Teetris said:
I was thinking of spray painting it or whatever, I have a friend who is an artist in this type of stuff but I have no clue about doing this with the Micro, anyone have tips? Do I have to use sandpaper beforehand?

I hope you are talking about parts that go under the clear cover. Either way I would try a high grit like 200 and lightly sand it up, clean with alcohol and prime to hold anything on the plastic. If its under the clear cover then it should be find but if you will be handling the newly covered parts you might want some clear coat.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Ecto311 said:
I hope you are talking about parts that go under the clear cover. Either way I would try a high grit like 200 and lightly sand it up, clean with alcohol and prime to hold anything on the plastic. If its under the clear cover then it should be find but if you will be handling the newly covered parts you might want some clear coat.
Thanks!

rataplein

Liquidus said:
A better pic of my descent into madness:
4hzhmq.jpg

Well... my leg:

11ru5i0.jpg

I blame Kojima...

---------

Latest pick up:

2aeqkjd.jpg

Sadly, i will never get ZOE2... never seen a copy at sale. (at least here), i will have to try ebay someday... little afraid of it =(.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
rataplein said:
---------

Latest pick up:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2aeqkjd.jpg[IMG]

Sadly, i will never get ZOE2... never seen a copy at sale. (at least here), i will have to try ebay someday... little afraid of it =(.[/QUOTE]
I know 1 or 2 people were trying to sell their copies here.

WEGGLES

Odd taste? Harvest Moon and Left 4 Dead are awesome!

FINALLY HERE YESSSSS

Edit: Oh man imgur didn't scale it... at all. Click for full size.

Square Triangle said:
Awesome week! Got my 360 back from the Counterfeit Craigslister (see O-T)
5k20zt.jpg

And a bunch of shit I really couldn't afford lol. (Ignore LOST and MLB 2K9, clearance impulse buys)
a25awk.jpg

BTW the Sunny in Philly Christmas episode was amazing!

holy shit man, you really don't bother taking care of electronics. I bet you have alot of xbox360's overheat and you blame it on the hardware ..

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
rataplein said:
Well... my leg:

11ru5i0.jpg

Latest pick up:

Sadly, i will never get ZOE2... never seen a copy at sale. (at least here), i will have to try ebay someday... little afraid of it =(.

Yeah I really want that old school Foxhound logo but I think I'm going to the the Kojima Productions Fox (Fox Unit) logo first. If you have to resort to eBay for it then you must but it is really a great game and blows the first one out of the water. So many epic battles, so so epic. If you're in the UK they re-released ZOE2.

EricDiesel said:
I normally am not a big tattoo fan, but that's really nice. Standard black is the only way to go, in my opinion.

Yeah I really like just black but I'm torn. I really want the Foxhound Rataplien has but it has color and yet it still looks awesome.

ninj4junpei said:
Freaking awesome.

Thanks. I've been wanting to get this for years and finally pulled the trigger.

nyprimus2 said:
<-- Brian from Spaced, the TV show that all other TV shows are measured against.

Hahaha, shit I look like him.

@Liquidus Awesome tattoo and the plain black makes it stand out really well.

Today's pick-ups:

IMG_1290-1.jpg

ACII & LBP were picked up at midnight, ST & Watchmen were from Amazon, and Fight Club I randomly picked-up while at Best Buy earlier this evening.

I have a shit ton of more stuff, this is just stuff that I got in the last couple of days:

Ass Creed Master Assassin's Edition:

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Ass Creed 2 Promo Kit:

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

L4D2:

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

Drake's Journal! [face_love]

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

MW2 signed box art (sigs are not original; however this unique boxart is genuine.):
IMG_0207.jpg

Top Bottom