• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Team Klimt said:
The PS3 fan is blowing heat all over your new 360 which is about an inch away. Not the best idea....
And the MW2 360 is blowing hot air into the Halo 360!!!!

Oh the humanity!!!!!

Also, remove the sticker from that IR receiver.

Jtwo said:
And the MW2 360 is blowing hot air into the Halo 360!!!!

Oh the humanity!!!!!
Sadly, that set up could literally result in the PS3 causing both 360s to overheat and go haywire. Bad bad spacing!

Stupid GameStops in my area didn't have God of War Collection for me, so picking it up tomorrow >_>

Hinomura

Let's start with Torchlight, the action-rpg-loot-madness king!

I'm currently developing three characters in very hard mode, the Alchemist is the newcomer.

117a4i8.jpg

... and continue with:

[DS]
Nostalgia (few hours in, fairly anonymous final fantasy rip off)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (just booted up, it seems pretty)
Suikoden Tierkreis (half dozen hours in it, good game if you don't mind frequently random battles)

[PSP]
Class of Heroes (few hours in, it seems a nice dungeon crawler)
Crimson Gem Saga (several hours in, half dull, half nice)

[PS2]
Mana Khemia 2 - Fall of Alchemy (still sealed, PS2 is actually buried in home renovations chaos)

[PS3]
Tekken 6 (fallen in love with Law again; sometimes inexplicable slowdowns show up offline)
DJ Hero (I wished for more challenge and more electronic music, but it's good for parties; nice case!)
Batman Arkham Asylum (I'm about 30% of the game, total approvement)
Demon's Souls (I'm still dead. :D what a challenging freshness!)
Pes 2010 (not bad, maybe the best lifted PS2 Pes game... Seabass, please, if it's possible... next year... don't scale up from PS2 version again!)
Katamari Forever (a fine sequel, considering Takahashi is missing)
Uncharted 2 (just booted up!)

axxuz6.jpg

TheSailerman

Neo Member
Still studying abroad in London, so pick-ups are sparse, but...

photo-2.jpg

Was in Dublin for a few days, including during a World Cup qualifier match of France v. Ireland. Since 50% of my heritage is Irish, I felt I should support the team!

And:
Screenshot2009-11-18at24436PM.png

Won it yesterday in a trivia contest on Twitter! I was going to buy it anyway once I got home, but free is even better! :D
I'd like to thank Eddie Izzard for his performance of "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!", which ingrained into my head the line: "The celebrated Mr. K performs his feat on Saturday at Bishop's Gate", which was the answer to the question!

DoctorWho said:
You forgot to get your duster back as well.
I know right?
Fraull said:
oh shit you got it back, thats awesome :lol
I know! So happy it's back =) Thanks for noticing.
Unregistered007 said:
holy shit man, you really don't bother taking care of electronics. I bet you have alot of xbox360's overheat and you blame it on the hardware ..
My 360's have never over heated but nice try?

Mattlikewhoa said:
How do you like the SE Aino? I heard that the touch screen is laggy but the screen itself is sweet!

I like it. It's more of a Hybrid touch screen phone though as none of the phone functions use the touch screen.
I browse the web at work with opera Mini and have not noticed any lag using the touch screen. It's a little too sensitive IMO.
The screen is super nice, and so clear even out in the Sun.

Castlevania IV (Mexico edition :lol) + Hori SGB controller (new)
wh15cw.jpg

GC component cables, now the cube doesn't look like total crap on my crappy HDTV
ipa9sk.jpg

MMZ2 + Yoshi Island GBA (unfortunately the top has a small rip, and I though in JP they treated the games better than in the us)
2zj9onl.jpg

Mario Kart Wii Bike x10 (don't know why I bought these)
dyrui0.jpg

PS: does anyone know if the manual for GBA Yoshi Island is like photocopy paper? (like the manual for Yoshi Story's (N64))

FHIZ

Hooray for things coming in the mail

v6u0s0.jpg

Who needs that lame facebook farming game when you can have the 10,000th Harvest Moon game to come out on the DS? ...now I just need to wait until Wind Bazzar and Twin Villages are localized... and then which ever four harvest moon games come out between now and then due to Natsume being really fucking slow.

Speaking of Harvest Moon, hey Marvelous, lets get some full on Harvest Moon XBLA/PSN action! Hell I'd take WiiWare, not that "My Little Shop" deal, REAL Harvest Moon.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Some stuff from the last few weeks. Modern Warfare 2, Burst Angel Blu-Ray, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles. Going to get Tekken 6 PSP next week, and then I think that's it for November, but I might end up with Assassin's Creed II at some point.

4115708178_0eab07b389_b.jpg

oblo

eXistor said:

Hehe, you left out the logo of our store! Good thing since we weren't allowed to sell it before the 20th actually... We only heard about that after we already sent out notifications to the people who pre-ordered it... Would have been a little brutal to send them packing... But the rest will have to wait two more days...

Anyway, here's my version:

be8_mariooo.jpg

I used DS-games to keep the poster in place, left them out of the picture though. :D

Mr. Sam

Leonsito said:
My GF bought me a Tumbler, so I bought her a black Wii:

"Does it come in black?"

I gots me Zodiac Director's Cut BD. I already had it on DVD, but at £7 I couldn't resist:

2m2detg.jpg

The art works better without that dirty "Blu-ray Disc" banner across the top... Ah, I love it really.

SuperPac

StUnNeR H2K said:
Was disappointed the digital copy was not HD, so unless you have a mobile device the digital copy is trash in quality.

Have any BRDs come with a digital copy that is HD? I think any I've gotten have been in SD but because you're viewing on a smaller screen it generally doesn't matter. Generally.

eXistor

oblo said:
Hehe, you left out the logo of our store! Good thing since we weren't allowed to sell it before the 20th actually... We only heard about that after we already sent out notifications to the people who pre-ordered it... Would have been a little brutal to send them packing... But the rest will have to wait two more days...
I work there too, I hate store logo's on posters, even if it's from the store I work in :). Where do you work if you don't mind my asking? I'm in Roosendaal.

kid ness said:
Hey bud, kind of an odd request but do you have a link to those bedsheets, or know where I can buy them? I really like them.
Oh, and btw I recognize your name from the shirt.woot forums :lol

Sorry for not answering sooner, but I got them at Ikea last year so they're pretty much discontinued.

...As for the shirt.woot forums, I've never posted there nor am I a member there. :p

ngower

4116549526_bb1892f3df_b.jpg

Not gaming related, but I desperately needed a new pair after my incredibly comfortable slip-on Vans got sticky soles after wearing them to work, it felt like I was constantly walking with a wet shoe, both interior and exterior.

Willectro

Banned
DSC00359.jpg

Pretty common pickups. No idea what the XBL points are for, but the $20 on PSN is going towards Fat Princess. New aluminum coke bottle also. Coke was flat inside. :lol

DSC00363.jpg

Just picked these up. Black (even though they appear grey from the flash), 8 Eye Dr. Martens. So far so good, except for the insane heel blisters. Definitely getting the vintage ones next time. Couldn't quite afford them this time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This arcade stick is very important to me... sort of a milestone. I never thought, this time last year. That I'd have an arcade stick on Japanese shelves. A stick that top players buy/use in events, etc. It's just a 'wow' to me still.

4116668354_9a45dd9605.jpg

4116667868_4fe71da4bc.jpg

This is the Japanese edition TE stick. ^.^

4116669114_903c65c15c.jpg

And L4D2 love! <3

Thank you Adam at attractmo.de for hooking it up with some free buttons, and the shirt is pretty sweet as well, the box it came a nice little touch.

042.jpg

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
This arcade stick is very important to me... sort of a milestone. I never thought, this time last year. That I'd have an arcade stick on Japanese shelves. A stick that top players buy/use in events, etc. It's just a 'wow' to me still.

4116668354_9a45dd9605.jpg

Congrats MarkMan! Well-earned. Can't wait till next year to see what you guys bring.

SuperPac

grap3fruitman said:
I do have a concern however; it would seem that both my games came with defective cases that have holes in them:

4116823410_d75f9fced5.jpg

Those wagon wheel cases are, unfortunately, the new standard Xbox 360 cases. While they may be more environmentally conscious, they are incredibly flimsy.

Loto said:
How can I get this?

2,500 points on Club Nintendo.

Basically open up any Nintendo games and you get a code inside it. Register on club Nintendo and start entering codes. Says shipping would be like 4-6 weeks...I got it 2 days after I ordered it...free shipping.

Recent Adds:

10938_654138918264_6312708_36724273_3889254_n.jpg

Modern Warfare 2.

10938_654138933234_6312708_36724274_7263737_n.jpg

Silent Hill 2, LEGO Rock Band Keychain, Mini Boxing Gloves.

10938_654138938224_6312708_36724275_662469_n.jpg

Left 4 Dead 2 (x2).

And this DS 2-pak:

10938_654138943214_6312708_36724276_3429547_n.jpg

Mega Man Starforce 2.

10938_654138948204_6312708_36724277_1565180_n.jpg

And Lux-Pain.

1118091926.jpg

All unopened but planning to crack'em once I get off this 'not in the mood to play because school is kicking my ass' thing. But yeah, pretty psyched for Turkey Vacation! :) :D

Labombadog said:
1118091926.jpg

All unopened but planning to crack'em once I get off this 'not in the mood to play because school is kicking my ass' thing. But yeah, pretty psyched for Turkey Vacation! :) :D

Where in Turkey will you visit ?

SuperPac said:
Those wagon wheel cases are, unfortunately, the new standard Xbox 360 cases. While they may be more environmentally conscious, they are incredibly flimsy.
They claim to be more "green" but how much of an impact do you think it was to make the new metal molds for those? BS. I need replacement cases. Where can I get some?

WEGGLES

grap3fruitman said:
They claim to be more "green" but how much of an impact do you think it was to make the new metal molds for those? BS. I need replacement cases. Where can I get some?
They are less green. When you open the case you see more of the white from the back of the cover than the green of the case.

:lol

But in all srs-ness. They suck. Combined with the avg game having a 2 page manual... a new game will weigh ~2 grams. :S

KurowaSan

never posted on pick-up threads before, but I guess I wanted to give the game some support. It's also my first game with the new cover design.

30kug09.jpg

Top Bottom