• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

USF

1zog2g3.jpg

Forsete

Fox the Sly said:
Glad you didn't get a Lite-On drive. :lol

I had two Lite-On PSUs fail on me with my HP computer, so I avoid them like the plague.

I am a big fan of LGs enrish when you dive deep into the driver and firmware support page. :lol

My birthday was on Thursday, so I got a few gifts and splurged a bit.

nov-games1.jpg

I didn't plan to buy a strategy guide for Dragon Age, but I saw the hardback guide and just about popped in the store.

Video reviews of the Japanese version of Style Savvy piqued my interest - then Nintendo brought it over themselves, for good reason. This isn't your kid sister's Imagine leftovers. It's slick, polished, and there's beaucoup content. My boutique is a tight operation.

nov-games2.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles and Mirror's Edge are LTTP games for the backlog, while Underworld has been on To-Buy Notice for a year. It just hit $20 at GameStop, so I was all over it.

I'm unsure about Pro Evo. It's crazy fun, but worth eating FIFA time? This one's fate may be eBay, but I'm all heart, so I'll give it time.

nov-movies.jpg

Deadly Weapons and Double Agent 73 were gifts from a buddy who gives me shit about my den. :lol Semi-gag gifts, but I'm over the moon.

They're absurd mid-'70s topless sexploitation flicks. Camera-enabled spy tit? Check. Smothering mobsters in deadly sweater puppets? Done. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

The Beach Boys: Live in Knebworth DVD is one I owned a few years back, but lost. If that ain't enough to make you flip your lid, it's got a must-have bonus CD.

nov-games3.jpg

I figured I'd take a chance on one of those Wiimote shells for NSMB Wii. All I care about is the d-pad. If THAT works as intended, it's on. Golden.

Dead Rising is a game I previously owned but regrettably sold, so I'm glad to have it back. Don't sleep on Gold's Gym, probably the most fun exertainment title on shelves.

tturunen

Neo Member
Got some nice sh*t so must share with you :D
Okey, mostly all was order/pay last month and just got this week to time get those stuff.

Some Cult film figures:
cultfilms.jpg

More Starwars stuff, and other:
starwarssimcity.jpg

Films +boarderland:
lastweeksdvds.jpg

Survivors, great british 70s scifi series, dont know yet about that remake.
And some other typical films.

And ALL of NightVisions dvds:
Nightvisions is Finnish scifi/horror movie festival, shows great and crappy (camp) films. One of the greatist film festivals in here. Last weekend was theyr Halloween shows, was "5days" long, 16 movies which 8films was on one night. And I´m one of those suvivors :D
nightvisionsdvds.jpg

First one couple year old Exploitation film "Pervert!" and Tokyo Gore Police is one of the best splatter films this decade. Here is one in-movie ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZt2_kqoqqI

Got Saw bluray box set yesterday, including first five films.
And last my Forza3 Limited edition arrived from amazon, also got free hat and t-shirt from MS.
forza3.jpg

Yes Boss!

Toy Soldier said:
nov-games1.jpg

Video reviews of the Japanese version of Style Savvy piqued my interest - then Nintendo brought it over themselves, for good reason. This isn't your kid sister's Imagine leftovers. It's slick, polished, and there's beaucoup content. My boutique is a tight operation.

Wow, thanks for the impressions on Style Savvy. Completely forgot to order this and I just checked Amazon and it states it came out last week!

(props on the Beach Boys and Something Weird pick-ups)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
2009-11-07125256.jpg

Got it for £20 but cannot activate it till the 10th, ffs. :lol

2009-11-06135440.jpg

New wireless network card, Edimax EW-7728IN.

My fav pickup of this month is my new laptop though! I sold my old Macbook for £500 and bought this sweet piece of kit for £550

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P7450 (2.13Ghz, 3MB, 1066MHz)
Win 7
512MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
500GB (5.400rpm) SATA Hard Drive

2009-11-04114626.jpg

fulldesk.jpg

Ultima_5

A combination of college freedom, and having friends with similar weird hobbies has led me and a group of people to be on the market for gameboys. So far I have an sp and a pocket. The games are super mario land 1/2, pokemon red, and tetris. Any other gameboy games I should be on the lookout for? The only other one I can think of is Link's Awakening.
100_0488.jpg

Already beat Uncharted 2. It's probably my game of the year. I picked up RE5 for split screen co-op.
100_0491.jpg

I also recieved a Michael Cera cardboard cut-out.
10522_1054628825883_1830691540_1068.jpg

dexterslu

Nakazato said:
WTF LOL any ps3 versions at your store lol

Nope, but if you go into any GameStop's they can look up the SKU and tell you where the closest one might be available . Seriously such a great deal even for 60 bucks!

Nakazato

dexterslu said:
Nope, but if you go into any GameStop's they can look up the SKU and tell you where the closest one might be available . Seriously such a great deal even for 60 bucks!
might have to look that up when i get back to work lol

Toy Soldier said:
nov-movies.jpg

Deadly Weapons and Double Agent 73 were gifts from a buddy who gives me shit about my den. :lol Semi-gag gifts, but I'm over the moon.

They're absurd mid-'70s topless sexploitation flicks. Camera-enabled spy tit? Check. Smothering mobsters in deadly sweater puppets? Done. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Dude, could you please repost your den pictures in the Gaming Setup forum? I love looking at them occasionally because they are so crazy which I mean in the best way. Thanks man

Toy Soldier said:
nov-games2.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles and Mirror's Edge are LTTP games for the backlog, while Underworld has been on To-Buy Notice for a year. It just hit $20 at GameStop, so I was all over it.

Underworld is really not a great game, but Lara looks great in it so I have the feeling you will enjoy it much more than I did ;) Plus you have the option of picking her outfit every mission, and there is always a skimpier choice. Have fun!

I hate everyone with MW2 already. =P

Anyway, like many other people I picked up another 360 today, haha.

Photo0330.jpg

Not much quieter than my old system even though this one was manufactured in late August and is a Jasper (smaller power brick, built in memory). Weird.

grap3fruitman said:
I hate everyone with MW2 already. =P

Anyway, like many other people I picked up another 360 today, haha.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/grap3/Photo0330.jpg

Not much quieter than my old system even though this one was manufactured in late August and is a Jasper (smaller power brick, built in memory). Weird.[/QUOTE]

Another as in replacing or just to own 2?

Virro said:
Ahh, Love Actually. Its the time of year I need to rewatch that amazing movie. One of my favorites. I'll definitely have to grab the BD from Amazon sometime soon.

Can't beat it for the price on Amazon too <3

drkOne

4r6h4j.jpg

I remember seeing someone who had a glass pot for their DS games around here on GAF, can't remember if it was on the pickup threads or the gaming setup one. But since then I've been meaning to get something like that, so I decided to get myself a fish bowl for them.
Maybe I'll find out who exactly was that had the idea now.

So is everyone just breaking the street dates or what? I am gonna feel all salty waiting until the end of the week to get mine from Amazon, but $20 credit makes it worth it. :)

SlaughterX said:
So is everyone just breaking the street dates or what? I am gonna feel all salty waiting until the end of the week to get mine from Amazon, but $20 credit makes it worth it. :)

Why didn't you opt for Release-Date Delivery?

SlaughterX said:
Cuz I'm cheap and I like free shipping.

That's fine, but considering how poorly Amazon can handle shipping of new titles that aren't shipped with Release-Date Delivery, and the fact that Wednesday is a holiday, depending on where you live there's a possibility you won't receive the game until the week after next regardless of what your current delivery estimate says.

If it comes to that, I'd recommend sticking it to Wal-Mart and picking up the game from them and then returning your sealed Amazon copy when it arrives.

Jazzem

Ultima_5 said:
A combination of college freedom, and having friends with similar weird hobbies has led me and a group of people to be on the market for gameboys. So far I have an sp and a pocket. The games are super mario land 1/2, pokemon red, and tetris. Any other gameboy games I should be on the lookout for? The only other one I can think of is Link's Awakening.

Nothing wrong with collecting Game Boy stuff :D

As for games, Link's Awakening is obviously a must. Here's some to start you off:

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Land 1-3 (if you only get one of them, get 2 :))
Duck Tales 1-2
Kirby's Dream Land
Mole Mania
Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports
Wario Land

enewtabie

Got my case from Gamefly for Forza 3. Excellent game
I picked up Dragon's Age for 360 and the guy at Gamestop was trying to talk me out of buying it. Wow. I also picked up a few cans of Monster Assault(I already drink it and M-80)

013-3.jpg

bought Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars carts off Chairhome in the b/s/t thread. Then I bought Symphony of the Night on PSN.

Later I'll buy NSMBWii, and that'll be it for the month.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
drkOne said:
I remember seeing someone who had a glass pot for their DS games
That's a cool idea.
Now to find a sweet bowl/mug or something.

moop2000 said:
Dude, could you please repost your den pictures in the Gaming Setup forum? I love looking at them occasionally because they are so crazy which I mean in the best way. Thanks man

Well I definitely appreciate the positive feedback. It's always fun when others see the appeal in the den's craziness, so thanks for the comment.

I'll toss some photos into that thread early next week, on my next day off.

Yes Boss! said:
Wow, thanks for the impressions on Style Savvy. Completely forgot to order this and I just checked Amazon and it states it came out last week!

(props on the Beach Boys and Something Weird pick-ups)

I'll tell ya, the Something Weird catalog is wild.

The two Chesty Morgan movies were the obvious best choices for me, but they've got quite a selection.

Got any recommendations? Not just sexploitation, pretty much anything you know of that's worthwhile.

LoneWolf296 said:
Underworld is really not a great game, but Lara looks great in it so I have the feeling you will enjoy it much more than I did ;) Plus you have the option of picking her outfit every mission, and there is always a skimpier choice. Have fun!

Thanks for the info! I expect to dig it, Tomb Raider is always safe. At their worst, TR games are still a solid ride. At their best, we're talking AAA titles.

A little adventure, satisfying combat, and rockin' tits: these are the finer things, in games and in life.

Top Bottom