• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Forsete said:
Blu-Ray burner because I have so much to backup (since I have been lazy for the past few years not backing up enough). Still havent burned any disc, thought they would include a sample but silly me for thinking that.
4080896719_8d6a3230ba_b.jpg

BD playback also works but its mostly locked to PowerDVD or WinDVD since the format is closed :( I hope they hack it soon to include playback in VLC.
Which case is this? It looks very sleek.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
My pickup of the year easily, just came in the mail! :D.

CannonFodder2.jpg

CannonFodder1.jpg

A never before used copy of Cannon Fodder for the Amiga!! :D (the disks still smell brand new!)
Even comes with the limited Edition Bullet Key chain, it has taken me so long to find a never before used copy with the key chain.
(my old keychain got ran over by a truck around 7 years ago. And I have been looking for a replacement ever since.)

Label said:
A never before used copy of Cannon Fodder for the Amiga!! :D (the disks still smell brand new!)
Even comes with the limited Edition Bullet Key chain, it has taken me so long to find a never before used copy with the key chain.
(my old keychain got ran over by a truck around 7 years ago. And I have been looking for a replacement ever since.)
Nice! Pickup of the month?! :D

Manp

tHa_vIlLaMaN said:
Which case is this? It looks very sleek.

Cooler Master CM690, it's actually a great case.
and since no one asked, here's mine:

fl9i7b.jpg

2ns03dc.jpg

i'm just showing off :p

:)

After shipping last Tuesday, it finally arrives (HMV).

DSC03998.jpg

My first night vision goggles.... time to plan my night assault on the neighbors :D

DSC03999.jpg

Polk

S5003374.JPG

Brand new (2 copies pictured obviously) game for Atari XE.
What's inside?
S5003377.JPG

Game - three floppies (PL,CZ,EN), led light, manual and copy of the game and emulators on the cd.
Game can be downloaded for free here. It's a great remake of cult strategy game on XE from late 80s.

Arucardo said:
How bad are the goggles? :D
I didn't expect much from them but they work ok. The image is a little blurry but they pick everything up in my flat in the pitch black. There's black and white mode and green image mode. I was hoping it would have that sound effect when they turned on but no joy there. Oh and batteries were not included, a little annoying considering the price.

micromagic said:
I didn't expect much from them but they work ok. The image is a little blurry but they pick everything up in my flat in the pitch black. There's black and white mode and green image mode. I was hoping it would have that sound effect when they turned on but no joy there. Oh and batteries were not included, a little annoying considering the price.

Just be glad they even work for that price.

I figured half of them wouldn't even turn on..... and yes..... that sound effect would be the uber shit.

-PXG-

RedNumberFive said:
Swine%20Flu%20Graphic-thumb-413x352.jpg

My only pickup so far this month. At least I'll have some time to catch up on Demon's Souls.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

I went to my doctor today. He said I didn't have it (just the regular flu). He said that it takes a week to determine whether you have it or not. I've never been this sick in my entire life. The other night, I seriously thought I was going to die. I was hallucinating and had severe aches and extremely high fever. Good thing I didn't call 911, because apparently, my insurance is terminated. Which is bullshit, because I renewed it just a few months ago. SOMEONE fucked up, but no, the onus is on me, and I gotta pay for it. I was so mad when I found out. Good thing for my doctor and my insurance company that I'm ill, because I would raised all sorts of hell on them. Fucking assholes.

-PXG- said:
Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

I went to my doctor today. He said I didn't have it (just the regular flu). He said that it takes a week to determine whether you have it or not. I've never been this sick in my entire life. The other night, I seriously thought I was going to die. I was hallucinating and had severe aches and extremely high fever. Good thing I didn't call 911, because apparently, my insurance is terminated. Which is bullshit, because I renewed it just a few months ago. SOMEONE fucked up, but no, the onus is on me, and I gotta pay for it. I was so mad when I found out. Good thing for my doctor and my insurance company that I'm ill, because I would raised all sorts of hell on them. Fucking assholes.

Thanks for the get well wishes.

I think the worst of it is over. The symptoms you are describing is exactly what I experienced over the weekend. I had some hard-core hallucinations as well, and my fever hovered around 101-103 most of the weekend. This is by far the sickest I have ever been in my life. Luckily, my fiancee is a nurse, so I was well taken care of. I didn't get the H1N1 test proper, but pretty much every doctor I saw agreed that I had it considering a bunch of my coworkers contracted it earlier this month. Right now, I'm on a cocktail of all sorts of drugs and inhalers, and although the fever is gone, I'm still sweating profusely.

Anyhow, I hope you get to feeling better as well. If you're up for some online action drop me a line. I'm banned from the office all week, so I guess I have plenty of time to work on my backlog.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I had my 30th birthday on Saturday here is my haul.

Always wanted one of these. Haven't mixed it all up yet.
k9w7dg.jpg

Cyborg K/B and G5 mouse. (and blurry pic)
jq2n3d.jpg

Ikea'ized makeshift office. I like it.
dxzalz.jpg

CE of Dragon Age. Pretty decent design steel box too.
21jpp2d.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I was in Anaheim for the last couple of days at MLG Anaheim...

And to do other work/business stuff. I honestly don't mind working during the weekends. But you know me... I love competitive gaming and just gaming events in general. So it was a grand old time.

Here's what I got...

10944_169214568882_507353882_2872835_4880616_n.jpg

A wonderful dinner at Hamamori in Costa Mesa... Really good sushi... only took a few pics :(

10944_169214558882_507353882_2872834_2033606_n.jpg

A signed boxing glove from...

10944_170242373882_507353882_2884715_777935_n.jpg

The current pound for pound world champion, Manny Pacquiao.

A bunch of MLG pics from my weekend on my facebook/flickr. Lazy to post.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Stabby McSter said:
aoifuafdlgk;adm;bklfa you got to meet pacquiao? so JEALOUS :( :( :(

Got to watch his band rehearse. Then he treated us out to a movie and dinner, then we hung out at his place for awhile. Pretty crazy/interesting weekend! Look out for the next episode of 24/7 for some fighting game goodness ;)

DeVeAn

2gspxrn.jpg

Went to SEGA of America for the PS0 event, very cool

jinb68.jpg

Decent price for a decent movie, Waited it out and got the definitive version of SWFU.

Yes Boss!

Toy Soldier said:
That game is surprisingly addictive. There are so many brands and various fashions, it's one I don't really see getting old soon.

Seems cool so far. Happy Nintendo brought it over.

Oh yeah, your Something Weird question...no specific recommendations but they've been around for a long time and their discs are always packed with tons of extras. Quality of the transfers can be hit or miss but the label's love and dedication to preserving some very outré stuff is admirable. Just take a stab at anything and you will likely be surprised!

JDeluis

IMG_6218.jpg

Amazon just delivered this bad boy today Monday with free shipping. :D

I also got a pair of prescription aviator sunglasses.

Bliddo said:
coolermaster 690
Thanks, man.

Manp said:
Cooler Master CM690, it's actually a great case.
and since no one asked, here's mine:

[IM]http://i37.tinypic.com/fl9i7b.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://i33.tinypic.com/2ns03dc.jpg[/IMG]

i'm just showing off :p

:)

It looks really nice in those pics, I like.

I was looking for a mid-tower case for my future build, and the only case that appealed to me was the CM sniper- which seemed a bit over the top, so this will be great.

EDIT: It seems the retail cases don't have the black interior- did you spray your, yourself?

tHa_vIlLaMaN said:
Thanks, man.

It looks really nice in those pics, I like.

I was looking for a mid-tower case for my future build, and the only case that appealed to me was the CM sniper- which seemed a bit over the top, so this will be great.
I recoomend a coolmaster 690 aswell, the stock fans are actually pretty good.

Griffith

Banned
Today was a good day. Got MW2 and my order arrived from Amazon. :D After months of waiting, I can finally watch season five of The Wire.

P10.jpg

Bii

GodfatherX said:
wait, did i miss some great deal on this? I've been wanting this BD forever but haven't been willing to shell out the $70+

You can check out http://www.red2blu.com/
You just send in the slip cover of your HD-DVD that is available to "trade in", pay $5 (or $15 in the case of Planet Earth), a shipping fee and then you sit and wait. I think the total turnaround time from the time I sent the cover out to actually receiving the Blu-Ray was two weeks.

Or you can get it for $40.99 from Amazon.com.

Top Bottom