• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Bii

4084593464_e2d5682866_o.jpg

4084593694_8658b22c64_o.jpg

Western Digital My Passport Essential 500GB. $100.
Finally got around to getting an external hard drive so that it can store all the movies that I'll be watching on my Apple TV. Time to start ripping all my DVDs onto there.

4083834479_eed094889a_o.jpg

Planet Earth: The Complete Series. Blu-Ray. $23.
I've been putting this off for so long but I finally sent in my HD-DVD cover for the Red2Blu program. At the cost of the HD-DVD cover slip and 23 tacos, I got myself the Blu-Ray of Planet Earth. Now I'll have to watch it again in its Blu-y goodness.

Some new stuff for my tank.

4066234024_841c33fea4_o.jpg

False Percula Clownfish. 1". $15.
A number of things went through my mind concerning the addition of a second clownfish to a tank with one already established in there. I've read on quite a number of forums where the new one would die from stress/injuries because they weren't getting along. I probably should've bought a mated pair when I started the tank but I'm really picky with what I get. So back when I got my first clownfish, its personality and activeness really charmed me; which was why I got a lone one instead of two sub-par fish. Anywho, I added the new one (it's the smaller of the two) and immediately, the bigger one grabbed and dragged the little one's tail across the tank before letting go. Even after releasing it, the bigger one was quite aggressive; taking quick pecks and body hits to the other one. :( I had wanted to take the little one out and return it to the fish store but figured I would have to chance it anyway since I'll still want to have a pair of clownfish down the line. Reluctantly, I turned off the lights and waited to see if there will be a floating fish in my aquarium come morning. When I woke up, I turned on the lights and was surprised to see both fish swimming together! Where one would go, the other would follow. SUCCESS! I grabbed my camera and snap a pic of them as they're swimming along and that's the picture you see up there. ^_^

4065529060_af051bb75e_o.jpg

4083834687_dd0f1e4b91_o.jpg

Purple & Green Florida Ricordeas. Two heads of green and four heads of purple. $50.
My local fish store gave me a great deal on these ricordeas. Although I received "four heads" of the purple, I actually have about 7 "mouths". So it seems like they're ready to split soon. Also, if you check the second picture, I turned the reddish rock sideways so that you can see it. Well, turns out, it's not a rock. It's a clam! Right in the middle of the picture, you can see where its mouth is at. That was a nice surprise. I think it's a turkey wing clam but haven't properly ID'd it yet.

Here's a picture of when I first started to my tank to what it looks like now (four months in the making):

3758713980_66e74720de_o.jpg

4065481025_c1a06e49c6_o.jpg

I'm battling a green hair algae problem. :|

^ Nice tank Bii, especially since it's saltwater. Sucks about the algae problem though. Hope you get it taken care of soon.

I grabbed some fish stuff for my tank as well today, although hardly as cool as your stuff.

Grabbed a couple Danios and Glow Light Tetras from Petsmart on top of a couple plants and other care stuff for the fish.

2009novpickup11.jpg

2009novpickup12.jpg

And earlier today...

More SD Gundams. The Gogg, Acguy, and Zock are going in the fish tank. :lol

2009novpickup10.jpg

A Revoltech Convoy

2009novpickup07.jpg

And Sin and Punishment: Successors to the Skies. :D

2009novpickup08.jpg

2009novpickup09.jpg

demosthenes said:
Another as in replacing or just to own 2?
Another to inevitably replace my current when it dies during a MW2 match or Rock Band session. Fuck you Microsoft, seriously. This is my 12 or 13th 360 and my third new one. I want to go to Washington and rip Major Nelson's balls off while he's recording a podcast so that he can feel how I do.

cjdunn

The Season of (Wallet) Tears has begun.

Best Buy B2G1. That gap is where Demon's Souls should be but it was backordered. :(
20091101.jpg

20091102.jpg

20091103.jpg

Yes Boss!

drkOne said:
4r6h4j.jpg

I remember seeing someone who had a glass pot for their DS games around here on GAF, can't remember if it was on the pickup threads or the gaming setup one. But since then I've been meaning to get something like that, so I decided to get myself a fish bowl for them.
Maybe I'll find out who exactly was that had the idea now.

Oh shit. You might be talking about me since I posted my little jar way back earlier this year in the game room thread. I think there is about 115 games in my little jar...yours will take like 300!:

movies.jpg

Mr. Sam

Virro said:
Anything special on the Trainspotting blu-ray? One of my favorite movies. Didn't realize its out on blu-ray, I'll definitely have to pick up a copy when I get the chance.

Do. The toilet scene is brutal in HD. Wanted to vomit.

Spent the last hour or so resizing and rehosting my images. The fruits of my labour:

A couple of BDs I picked up yesterday in a £25 for 2 deal in HMV (poor pic, I know):
14jckmu.jpg

And a Quentin Tarantino book I picked up for £3 in a new shop called Head (Zavvi/Virgin Megastores, basically) along with a pair of 3D glasses, ready for Channel 4's 3D week:
25iru3c.jpg

drkOne

Yes Boss! said:
Oh shit. You might be talking about me since I posted my little jar way back earlier this year in the game room thread. I think there is about 115 games in my little jar...yours will take like 300!:

movies.jpg

Ahah, that was exactly the one. I have 15 in there right now, and I'm planning on buying any DS games I can find for cheap now to fill it up (no duplicates and no Imagine stuff tho).
The idea was awesome by the way, the little carts are perfect for storing in such way and the DS has a ton of games worth owning.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
They're already off, that was about 5 mins after I had put it in :lol

VOOK

Yep that's the one, loving it so far - Full HD looks so much better than non Full HD. 200hz looks weird though :/

Manp

VOOK said:
Yep that's the one, loving it so far - Full HD looks so much better than non Full HD. 200hz looks weird though :/

ah, good! i'm on the fence for that same model among others. no clouding on yours? that seems to be the only major problem with sony lcds, but it's really random and doesn't affect everyone afaik

:)

VOOK

You mean like the backlighting being stronger in some points then other? I haven't noticed I think the blacks are really good on it - much better then my old Plasma.

I got a crazy good deal on this one but it's impressed me so far, was worried about going from Plasma to LCD.

tha_devil

Manp said:
ah, good! i'm on the fence for that same model among others. no clouding on yours? that seems to be the only major problem with sony lcds, but it's really random and doesn't affect everyone afaik

:)
I bought the sony w5500 this week, and i dont have any clouding at all (awsome tv btw).

Finally got a 1080p TV

P1010624.jpg

Figured this might be worth playing.... Metal case is hot.

P1010626.jpg

Downloaded this to the harddrive....

P1010627.jpg

And some recent XBOX Live Arcade purchases.

P1010628.jpg

WEGGLES

ExtraKr1spy said:
Great game.

Go to the video options and set it to "vibrant" to make the colors better/get rid of the "next gen filter" if you haven't done so already
Wish I knew of this before I beat it ;_;

Bii said:
4083834479_eed094889a_o.jpg

Planet Earth: The Complete Series. Blu-Ray. $23.
I've been putting this off for so long but I finally sent in my HD-DVD cover for the Red2Blu program. At the cost of the HD-DVD cover slip and 23 tacos, I got myself the Blu-Ray of Planet Earth. Now I'll have to watch it again in its Blu-y goodness.

wait, did i miss some great deal on this? I've been wanting this BD forever but haven't been willing to shell out the $70+

k.rad

Neo Member
DJmizuhara said:
Picked 3D dot game heroes yesterday...

racci1.jpg

I think that could be some of the best box-art/packaging I've ever seen for a game. Clear display of platform, title, developer and a discreet rating logo with no BS printed all over the place.

I can't wait to play this one and I'd import it in a heartbeat if I knew Japanese.

Top Bottom