• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

PalaceBrother said:
Are you serious? I have a ton of those games in a box in my garage. I thought old PC games went for .99 a piece most times.
Old large cardboard box PC games are worth a serious amount of cash if complete, in good condition and the title itself is one that is revered as a classic. Secret of Monkey Island is a good example, original copies in great condition are in very high demand.

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
Take advantage of the criterion sale going on now at B&N, rimshot! I have a few in the mail.
Good on the heads-up!

Got Paths of Glory, Lola Montes and Red Shoes. Movies I've seen a ton of times but Paths has always been open-matte on the previous releases.

B&N has some good deals on the pricier boxed sets, though wait is 1-2 weeks.

Everyone needs to order Days of Heaven and Thin Red Line!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
8SbVB.jpg

SNSD ftw!

Jago said:
http://Ravenous.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=lastplayed]I've really gotta get Ravenous at some point, it's a classic. :D[/QUOTE]
Truth! I remember having to drive 30 miles (in a heavily populated area) to see this movie on opening night and it was only me and another viewer in the theater. :lol I had a Halloween-themed movie marathon last week and I has happy to have introduced this movie to several of my friends. They loved it, too!

KurowaSan

A 25th anniversary pack for the 4 year anniversary!

2u7m81i.jpg

The best limited collection I've ever bought, it's full of treasures. Felt like a child on Christmas day :D .

Yes Boss! said:
If complete there are a ton of collectors out there for PC games (especially in europe). A year back my brother sold a complete and mint M.U.L.E. that he found for about $100.

Wow, thanks. Glad I kept them!

weeneo

Neo Member
img_5875wsq0.jpg

this is what i bought in the last weeks :) nearly all of it.

img_5745psqk.jpg

the couch, the carpet and the bookshelf too :D

ah and a used eos 400d :)
dsc002383eb7.jpg

Hit the thrift stores today and came away with this epic amount of win:

I saw this sitting in the glass display case for $25 bucks and got pretty excited at the $25 price tag.

SNES-Opened.jpg

When I first opened it I though it might be brand new as all of the plastic wrapping looked to be included as well as the instructions/poster. I also liked that it was a bundle from Target that I had never seen before.

Target-SNES-Deal.jpg

Unfortunately I realized that the inserts for the free Nintendo Club membership were missing as well as the free issue of Nintendo Power touted on the box cover. Also missing was the included copy of Super Mario World.

What was included though is pretty cool and full of geek. There is a controller paddle that appears to have been unopened and never used.
Unwrapped-SNES-Controller.jpg

Also when I compared it's condition to my girlfriends childhood SNES the difference is pretty remarkable. (The boxed one is obviously the one on the left)

SNES-Comparison.jpg

What seems to be the coolest part of it though is that the original receipt is included with a completely filled out coupon for a free copy of Super Mario World that was never actually sent out. I would love to try and redeem it and see what Nintendo would say.

Super-Mario-All-Stars-and-SNES-Receipt.jpg

Overall, this was pretty cool to find. I also picked up an unopened copy of the boardgame Carcassone for about $7 and some cool vintage TV lamps.
SNES-and-Carcassone.jpg

Beehive-TV-Lamp.jpg

TV-Beehive-Lamps.jpg

eXistor

Finally the EU LE of Castlevania arrived! I'm trading in my old copy for this one.
Also Mario All-Stars Wii and not pictured because I forgot is Season 4 part one of Venture Bros. As always, excuse the crummy quality of the pics, I'm buying a new camera soon(ish).

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

Dabanton

Azure Phoenix said:
wwdx88.jpg

The Bayonetta guide was a lucky find, they are out of stock everywhere but my local store had one lying upstairs on a dusty shelf. Fable III Collector's Edition Guide should be included in the picture but it has been "With the courier for delivery" for 3 days now....

That Bayonetta book is absolutely gorgeous i got my copy a few weeks back and was taken aback at how high quality it was.

sikkinixx said:
Seems like a good place as any to ask, whatever happened to Toy Solider? I miss the delightfully tacky pick up posts :(

I was actually thinking this myself the other day. I need my somewhat creepy Britney fix with a dash of gigantic breasts

All right, here we go!

Too much of reading these and watching drift DVD's...

DSC08883.jpg

Lead to me buying this...

DSC08886.jpg

And this expensive gem of a ECU...

DSC08904.jpg

DSC08893.jpg

And my lovely wife has been great with me buying expensive car bits so I bought her this for Christmas...

DSC08910.jpg

And now I'm tapped out... :( I still want a new Macbook Air too. I'll take a peak at one tomorrow. Funny thing is that I've got more car bits that I'm waiting on from Japan (but it takes forever to fill orders it seems)...

B.K.

KurowaSan said:
A 25th anniversary pack for the 4 year anniversary!

2u7m81i.jpg

The best limited collection I've ever bought, it's full of treasures. Felt like a child on Christmas day :D .

Who sells the set in that tin? I'd like to have one of those. I like that a lot more than the regular packaging.

Zertez

B.K. said:
Who sells the set in that tin? I'd like to have one of those. I like that a lot more than the regular packaging.
It is the UK or Euro LE. Wish they sold it here in the US.

isny

napkin dispenser
Zertez said:
It is the UK or Euro LE. Wish they sold it here in the US.

Why not buy it online? It's region free. (Amazon.co.uk has sold out, but DVD.CO.UK and HMV.com both still have them available and ship to North America)

luka said:

Nice! I just picked this up, along with Breathless, earlier this week from Barnes & Nobles. They're having their every-now-and-again 50%off Criterion Collection sale again. I think it's going to last to Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom