• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Few new pick-ups:
New phone: Sony Ericcson w350
New Mouse: Creative Velocity
New books from a buy 2, get one free deal
and LittleBigPlanet

ozsz6.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
milkham said:
kadey, do you ever sell off your stuff to make room for more stuff?

Only copies and when I feel like it. If I'm in a good mood, I'll give it away.
No Kadey! what did you start?

you know they are going to start selling them in more colors!
I can get them in colors they don't have yet. I prefer white.

Is that Vista? Or some kind of skin for XP?

One of many Alienware themes for XP. Cool gadgets and stuff ala Vista.
Why didn't they just make the whole of that Dell Mini either silver or black? It looks like some cheap HP laptop with its current colour scheme.

They do have them in all black. It's $25 for a white finish. I single-handedly got over half a dozen people from work to get one just from looking at it. They were surprised it wasn't more expensive with all the things you could do in such a compact form. I think it's funny prices are $100-$150 more than retail on Amazon. It's easy to say something looks cheap from pictures.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
They do have them in all black. It's $25 for a white finish. I single-handedly got over half a dozen people from work to get one just from looking at it. They were surprised it wasn't more expensive with all the things you could do in such a compact form. I think it's funny prices are $100-$150 more than retail on Amazon. It's easy to say something looks cheap from pictures.

Haha! When I took my Acer Aspire One to work and Hong Kong they were convinced they need to buy one too! So there are a bunch of netbooks now in the office ;)

I had a huge 17 and 19 inch laptop in the past... I ended up getting rid of them and now clocking in at just over 2 lbs, I'm comfortably taking my netbook with me EVERYWEHRE. It's not like I want to play Crysis on the go anyways.

Email, browsing, photoshop, work related projects.

As long as I can do that. I'm happy.

:)

---

Nice pickups everyone! This month is starting off great!

Flunkie

Banned
ChryZ said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Brainshrimp/dscf1081small.jpg[/IMG

I didn't expected to find an import copy of LBP in a small Dutch video game store, but I did! Time to cancel my pre-order at Amazon UK :D[/QUOTE]
Kettle Chips are [I]awesome[/I]. I can't get enough of the Tuscan Three Cheese flavor.

Now, on to my pickups:

LBP, MC:LA, and MS:PR (which I've played the most so far :p)
[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/flunkie44/DSC02067-1.jpg

White chocolate-covered peanut clusters and pretzel sticks.
32.gif

DSC02072.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic for the win!!

13803a0d.jpg

Games:

Daytona USA
Sega Rally
Virtua Fighter 1 and 2
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Madden 97 :lol
Tomb Raider
Independence Day :lol
Virtua Cop - No Gun Yet
Worms - Not pictured
Sonic 3D Blast - Not pictured
Ghen War
&
Clockwork Knight

Two controllers came with the system.

Grand total = $75 CND NO TAX.

One problem, the game is saving data but it keeps asking me for the time every so often... should I replace the battery just in case?

Also, what do I need to play imports? I hear an action replay is good.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MarkMan said:
Haha! When I took my Acer Aspire One to work and Hong Kong they were convinced they need to buy one too! So there are a bunch of netbooks now in the office ;)

I just picked one up myself. I really dig this thing. Pictures soon.

robot

Mostly from the last week of October, just got around to snapping pics.

IMG_0750B.jpg

Dead Space (so good), Kingdom Under Fire ($9), Pure (amazing game) and Blitz 2 (love this series, probably 1 of 5 people that actually bought it) and PS3 White Controller (forgot if I bought this in October but it was on the table so why not)

IMG_0752B.jpg

Speed Racer Manga Box Set and Project Earth SOS Volume 3.

I've got some little GEM pickups too but I'm not sure my little GEM camera is working right now because I lost my little GEM of a USB cable for it, and my Macbook Pro, the little GEM, is really slow transferring from USB, the little GEMs those slots are.

:lol

If anyone ever called something they bought a "little GEM" in real life I'd be pretty upset.

MarkMan said:

I had a huge 17 and 19 inch laptop in the past... I ended up getting rid of them and now clocking in at just over 2 lbs, I'm comfortably taking my netbook with me EVERYWEHRE. It's not like I want to play Crysis on the go anyways.

Email, browsing, photoshop, work related projects.

As long as I can do that. I'm happy.

I've heard good things about the Acer. I saw a pretty positive article in the latest Maximum PC. I've been progressively getting smaller with my notebooks. I started out with several desktop replacements from Dell (Inspiron 9300, XPS M170 and an Inspiron 17 w modded 7900 GTX) but have moved to smaller models. I'm in the market for either a light 13" or a netbook.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Spiderjericho said:
I've heard good things about the Acer. I saw a pretty positive article in the latest Maximum PC. I've been progressively getting smaller with my notebooks. I started out with several desktop replacements from Dell (Inspiron 9300, XPS M170 and an Inspiron 17 w modded 7900 GTX) but have moved to smaller models. I'm in the market for either a light 13" or a netbook.

Wassup Kevin! From the major players in the 9" netbook market... I did a lot of research on the Dell 9, EEE, the HP mini note, and Acer Aspire One... Ultimately I liked the look/price and features on the Aspire One.

The keyboard on the EEE is a tad too small for me... the Dell/HP/Acer ones have slightly bigger ones, so I went with that...

I almost got a Macbook but ended up getting a netbook instead... saved a ton of money in the long run... With that extra cash I bought some toys for my daughter and new arcade sticks for myself ;P

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
MarkMan said:
I almost got a Macbook but ended up getting a netbook instead... saved a ton of money in the long run... With that extra cash I bought some toys for my daughter and new arcade sticks for myself ;P

Be honest man... You bought your daughter some arcade sticks too, right? :D

Big_T

Got 120GB HDD , i payed $85 , the guy at the shop opened new elite xbox and sold me the
HDD but no transfer cable :(
So i moved all the files (except the demos) from the 20GB HDD using 256MB memory unit :lol .
img_006211eaa.JPG

and
p1010675a2320.JPG

manzo

konrad77 said:
2gv3k1l.jpg

October-November. I wouldn't be suprised to see a few more titles the following weeks.

Holy shit those jewelcase PS3 titles look nice. Are they demos or where did you get them?

I actually hate the jewel cases PS3 games come in. I have like 20 here... the promo cases for 360 games (same as in stores but with a yellow banner on it) are way better.

But I should shut up, free games = always good.

nny

First of all, beautiful Fallout 3 pics Flek!

Now to my generic photos of my latest pickups: mostly manga...

DSC03992.jpg

DSC03993.jpg
DSC04002.jpg

...and a lovely Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-la-la Band show:

DSC04003.jpg

<3

glaurung

mr stroke said:
Nice pick up on the Scotch! the Green label must of cost you 180$?

No, all of those were gifts for my birthday. No Gold Label this year though.

Haven't had a chance to open any of them yet.

Fongul

October Haul (except for Dead Space & Fable 2 which were purchased yesterday for $38.49 each plus tax)

All guides shown were picked up at Best Buy for 1 cent each (extras are for trading purposes!)
Oct%20Haul%201.JPG
Oct%20Haul%202.JPG

Oct%20Haul%203.JPG
Penny%20SG%20Haul.JPG

Banana Candy from the candy shop (the name escapes me at the moment) in Japantown Mall in San Francisco (yum!)
Banana%20Candy.JPG

purg3

slept with Malkin
FirstInHell said:
How does one go about getting guides from Best Buy for 0.01? Is there some special trick to it?

There's a thread on CAG that lists when/what guides are dropped to .01, you can usually find them at stores if they are slow to pull them.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Don said:
Got the Fallout 3 Collector's Edition on Friday.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2guk1fq.jpg[/]

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/zmzlgy.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

I got the same :)
My making of DVD is also in a plastic sleeve like yours instead of the bigger cardboard sleeve that others have received.

Yes Boss!

November starts with a bang! Didn't expect to get this but I was craving. $20 new. God, I love inexpensive Wii games...really wish Sony and MS would release games at the lower price point.

shiki.jpg

Yes Boss!

Strider2K99 said:
They do, just not all the time.

Wipeout HD
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Portal: Still Alive
etc.

I got all those...just wish they had official retail releases at $30, $40, and $50 more consistently, or at least encouraged it. It's nice to get Viva and Banjo for $40...and I'd buy a lot more at those price points.

Echoes

8bitmm2loot.jpg

fable2loot.jpg

cvooe-cap.JPG

• I Am 8-bit (best artbook ever)
  • Rockman 2 Complete Work (new, sealed <3)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Husband, by Dean Koontz
  • Spore
  • Crysis Warhead
  • Fable 2
  • Law & Order
  • Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

Top Bottom