• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Kadey said:
One of many Alienware themes for XP. Cool gadgets and stuff ala Vista.

They do have them in all black. It's $25 for a white finish. I single-handedly got over half a dozen people from work to get one just from looking at it. They were surprised it wasn't more expensive with all the things you could do in such a compact form. I think it's funny prices are $100-$150 more than retail on Amazon. It's easy to say something looks cheap from pictures.

I am getting one of these soon. I'm getting the loaded one in all black. That theme you have, it's free to get right? I want a different look on my mini than XP.

cjdunn

From the past few weeks:

nov01.jpg

nov02.jpg

nov05.jpg

nov03.jpg

nov04.jpg

RadioHeadAche said:
How is that Digimon game?

It's good, it feels like a total throwback to the old keychain digital pets - for better or worse. If you're like me and you enjoy that stuff, it's much the same here: you have to keep each Digimon from becoming overworked, you have to keep their quarters clean, you have to move them from training pen to training pen to boost their stats, all while keeping them fed and rested. That's the primary focus of your hands-on involvement.

Battles are hands-off, you merely set basic instructions and choose which Digimon will battle. It's cool to see the Digimon you've trained face off, allowing you to earn cash to spend on new training pens and whatnot.

Catching Digimon takes place in the wild, in a way that's clearly inspired by Pokemon Ranger. You can set traps/bait to lure Digimon out into an open area, then you try to stun them and circle them to lasso them - where you then have to keep a firm steady tug on the line while they try to get away, without snapping the rope. It's pretty fun stuff.

Overall, it's like a fleshed-out version of the Digimon toys from way back when. Definitely a nice change of pace.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm currently on a Tokyo trip with the wife to finalize her visa stuff at the U.S. Embassy on tuesday. This is probably our last trip here while living in the country, so we are buying crap left and right. I spent the most on new clothes but don't really see the point of showing them here!

More stupid figures I don't need. Found them (mostly) pretty cheap in some Akiba shops.

2997811053_03faa8eac9_b.jpg

Gaming haul. I owned Ninja Gaiden DS and Bangai-O before, but sold them off with a bunch of other games that got stuck in my backlog months ago. The DSi has me playing DS games again. I think I might buy back Space Invaders Extreme too. Really wanted to pick up Motorstorm 2 at an import shop but I think I got enough. The Memory Stick shown is a Photofast Micro SD to MS Duo adaptor that lets you use two micro SD cards at the same time, so it's a cheaper alternative to buying a memory stick. I got the adaptor for 2400 yen and two 8gb micro SD cards for 2600 yen each. Not bad!

2997811065_1b4215f5f3_b.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How much did the Asuka and Otomedius ones run ya?

Nice pickups ;)

I was looking for those while in Hong Kong, no dice!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MarkMan said:
How much did the Asuka and Otomedius ones run ya?

Nice pickups ;)

I was looking for those while in Hong Kong, no dice!

The Otomedius one was 1000 yen. All of the ones I have seen are that much on in 2000 yen sets. Asuka was more than I would generally pay at 5200 yen but I have never seen that one anywhere and like the design (plus Asuka is my main in Tekken!) so I got it. They need to make a Bob figure!

Toy Soldier said:
It's good, it feels like a total throwback to the old keychain digital pets - for better or worse. If you're like me and you enjoy that stuff, it's much the same here: you have to keep each Digimon from becoming overworked, you have to keep their quarters clean, you have to move them from training pen to training pen to boost their stats, all while keeping them fed and rested. That's the primary focus of your hands-on involvement.

Battles are hands-off, you merely set basic instructions and choose which Digimon will battle. It's cool to see the Digimon you've trained face off, allowing you to earn cash to spend on new training pens and whatnot.

Catching Digimon takes place in the wild, in a way that's clearly inspired by Pokemon Ranger. You can set traps/bait to lure Digimon out into an open area, then you try to stun them and circle them to lasso them - where you then have to keep a firm steady tug on the line while they try to get away, without snapping the rope. It's pretty fun stuff.

Overall, it's like a fleshed-out version of the Digimon toys from way back when. Definitely a nice change of pace.

The first paragraph sounds a little like Digimon World 1. Also, I'm not very interested in the idea of "catching" Digimon. It sounds so odd to me.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Sadly... I raised my eyebrows at the notion of a Bob figure. He's my main character now in T6 and I'm destroying all kinds of ass with him. He's fun/cheap! My kind of character lol.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Well, my near-launch xbox 360 died from ROD last week, and i am waiting on UPS guy to come pick it up. So with the new dashboard and ability to install games, i decided to buy a new one, a 60go, manufactured 2month ago, hopefully it will be more reliable.

Yeah im a sucker, but i love Microsoft !!
well not really, thank you for that piece of shit hardware

Managed to find an arcade stick as well, first one i see in stores here in ages.

Now to find someone to buy those games, maybe i'll play LEGO Indy one, might not be that bad :lol

Variable

Kandrick said:
Well, my near-launch xbox 360 died from ROD last week, and i am waiting on UPS guy to come pick it up. So with the new dashboard and ability to install games, i decided to buy a new one, a 60go, manufactured 2month ago, hopefully it will be more reliable.

Yeah im a sucker, but i love Microsoft !!
well not really, thank you for that piece of shit hardware

Managed to find an arcade stick as well, first one i see in stores here in ages.

Now to find someone to buy those games, maybe i'll play LEGO Indy one, might not be that bad :lol

Does Kitty approve?

b.e.r.g

milkham said:
Neat, same lens as me :D

Man I envy those sweet looking Fallout lunch boxes :( I dont like huge ass collectors editions like that, dont go well on my dvd shelf, but I wish they sold some cool Fallout swag outside these editions.

A nuka cola truck or something :)

My pickups:

Sleeping Beauty on Blu-Ray
Triplettes de Belleville on DVD (so. awesome.)
Fable II
preparation for LittleBigPlanet...orrr...PlaystationEye

11lo3l2.png

2po5hfm.png

ok7siq.png

3347xvq.png

zmet said:
nov1.jpg

Street Fighter Collection (used but complete) - JPN Saturn
Futurama: Bender's Game (new) - Blu-ray

How much did the Street Figher Collection cost you?

I just won a copy of Vampire Hunters for $5 off of EBay.

zmet

DoctorWho said:
How much did the Street Figher Collection cost you?

I just won a copy of Vampire Hunters for $5 off of EBay.
$14. I was surprised that both of the discs are in excellent condition. The outside of the case on the other hand is pretty scratched up. Vampire Hunters is a great game! I like the game play and music in Vampire Hunters better than in Vampire Savior.

marwan

Banned
2 micro RC choppers(one of them is 3 channel, the other is 2), Midnight Club and Star Ocean PSP and finally Sony Bluetooth headset, for use mainly with Skype and steaming A2DP audio from PC movies and iTunes.

03112008394.jpg

those Sony BT headphones are going back tomorrow for a refund/exchange. The fit was very awkward and uncomfortable, i want a normal ear bud phones or the type that go around the head.

or i just might get a normal mono BT earphone, I don't care for stereo for now.

the package is the type which is impossible to seal back, so i hope they don't give me a hard time even though i packed it perfectly well, bit the back paper won't fit.

and Midnight Club LA sucks too, so im exchanging that too.

bad montt purchase for me! :( wish me luck with the BT headphones exchange.

JEKKI

marwan said:
what is that? is it the equivalent of iTunes minus the DRM crap?
emusic.

no DRM, but they only carry independent labels

and you pay for monthly points. I get 65 points per month (65 song downloads) and if I exhaust them then I have to wait until next month to download more. No pay-per-download...

CTLance

vqh500.jpg

Finally, it was pretty unbearable using the Mac with only 512 MB RAM installed. Ugh.
Now that I'm at a nice and cozy 2GB, nothing should come between me and my Mac-related happiness anymore. :D

Anybody know of a good burn-in program for Macs? I want to see whether the RAM is detected correctly and working like it should. If it's faulty I'd like to know it now, not in a bunch of months when it eats my data.

JEKKI said:
emusic.
no DRM, but they only carry independent labels
(...)
Sounds reasonable.

I doubt I'd ever want so many songs per month though. I take it there are cheaper plans?

Also, what formats? MP3 only?

I've been buying a lot of PC games lately, now that I actually have a PC capable of playing games from the last few years.

Also got a new pair of shades on my return from Rhodes.

november_pickup_01835.jpg

Jason

novemberpickup1.jpg

Went to pick up my preorder and they gave me another code with more costumes and a t-shirt...supposedly. You could seriously knock someone out if you threw it at them. :lol

novemberpickup2.jpg

New jacket.

Some stuff I got in September and October (apologize in advance for the crappy quality):

2aiesgi.jpg

Toki Tori was my first Wiiware purchase in June, but for some reason I have posted it till now.

120ozft.jpg

:D

2yod4ko.jpg

Potential GOTY! :D

1iohnc.jpg

Got some Nike Dunk Low Pro SBs in Black/Gold (aka Takashi) last week. They're so damn comfortable! :lol

ilcbox.jpg

Went to a Jay-Z concert with the purpose of supporting Obama. My sister was going and she had an extra ticket so I decided to go with her.

The Zelda hardback guides are really cool. I picked the PH and TP ones up when they were pennied out at GameStop. The cloth map in the TP guide is especially neat.

sonicspear64 said:
Some stuff I got in September and October (apologize in advance for the crappy quality):

http://i36.tinypic.com/2aiesgi.jpg[IMG]
Toki Tori was my first Wiiware purchase in June, but for some reason I have posted it till now.

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/120ozft.jpg[IMG]
:D

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2yod4ko.jpg[IMG]
Potential GOTY! :D

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/1iohnc.jpg
Got some Nike Dunk Low Pro SBs in Black/Gold (aka Takashi) last week. They're so damn comfortable! :lol

http://i38.tinypic.com/ilcbox.jpg[IMG]
Went to a Jay-Z concert with the purpose of supporting Obama. My sister was going and she had an extra ticket so I decided to go with her.[/QUOTE]
nice sb's :o

Wario64 said:
All for $0.09

3000310943_5389872aba_b.jpg

This sucks, I was just at Bestbuy with the same guides in my hand but the bastards refused to sell them to me. They were even marked 1 cent on the damn shelf. F##k bestbuy, but nice pickups.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
rocK` said:
Oh man, was that off Play-Asia?

I saw it live, and this year it is totally worth getting.

One of these days I'd like to attend one of the SBO events. X_X

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
This sucks, I was just at Bestbuy with the same guides in my hand but the bastards refused to sell them to me. They were even marked 1 cent on the damn shelf. F##k bestbuy, but nice pickups.

Wait.. why would they not sell them to you if it was marked 1cent?

CTLance

21lnxpz.jpg

I loved that song as a kid, and am currently working on getting all my childhood favourites back.

Yes, I loved to sing along to "my ding-a-ling". I could do that and not get my parents arrested because I had no grasp of the english language at that time (and no idea of the double entendre). Nobody told me. NOBODY.
I'm not so sure how I feel about that fact 20+ years later.

Also, a bunch of HD videos to watch on my SDTV. :D
2ur5d88.jpg

They're cheaper than DVDs. CTLance am happy. HDDVDs are awesome, the best format EVER.

Top Bottom