• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Spiderjericho said:
How much and where did you buy it? I'd like to buy one for SFIV

Play-Asia has the 2008 and some of the 2007 DVDs in stock still. You'd have to search on their site under 'Togeki' (I don't know why they spell it like that) lol.

There is no DVD for SF4 yet, there's some matches/combos available in the Tougeki Damashi magazine/dvd mooks though. But I don't know of any online stores that sell that.

Doc Evils

vommm9.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Went a bit overboard on the reading material. It's all used, but in great condition, and I got a really good deal on it (though still a bit more than I'd care to admit to :D).

wj73me.jpg

Starting at top left -

- Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- 5 by Haruki Murakami - Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World; South of the Border, West of the Sun; Kafka on the Shore; The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle; and Dance Dance Dance.
- Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connoly
- Volumes 5 through 17 of the Berserk manga
- Volumes 1 through 18 of the Lone Wolf and Cub manga

and a shelf to hold a selection of my manga and graphic novels, not yet totally filled -

2gy7uia.jpg

My reading backlog is now at least equal to my gaming backlog, which is terrifying.

rocK`

Banned
MarkMan said:
One of these days I'd like to attend one of the SBO events. X_X

next year man, 2009.

I went last year and I had such an awesome time.

Why didn't you go with the 3s Cali heads :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The FFA qualifiers got free trips there :p

I'll be going next year for sure. I wish they would hold this around the time TGS takes place. Knock out two birds with one stone...

Huggers

Monroeski said:
- 5 by Haruki Murakami - Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World; South of the Border, West of the Sun; Kafka on the Shore; The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle; and Dance Dance Dance.

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle is such a great book, nice purchase. It's the only Murakami I have read, always meant to pick up another though

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've been eyeing Kafka on the Shore for the longest now... has anyone else here read through it yet?

I don't have much time to read due to work/family... so I usually read in bits/spurts and probably won't get any real time to go through it until weekends. Anyways, if its good... I probably won't put it down at all and just sacrifice work/sleep for it ;P

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SnowWolf said:
Are you buying her upcoming concert DVD?

No way... I like her, but not for her music. ;)

Unless she looks hot in the concert, then well... maaaaaaaaaaybe.

jaydogg691

Forgot to post this in last months thread.

LBP!!!
DSC05054.jpg

As for this months pick-ups...

AC/DC Rock Band track pack
DSC05057.jpg

Resistance 2 CE
DSC05060.jpg

DSC05061.jpg

DSC05053.jpg

JEKKI

curses to daylight savings time!!!

I cant take good pictures anymore coz it's hella dark when I get home now!!

taking pictures without sunlight is like making a sandwich without miracle whip.... got damn!!!

e03hvm.jpg

2hxujvd.jpg

15rl7jq.jpg

zappos.com is so dope btw... free shipping on everything and free shipping on returns too!!

and u can return up to 365 days as long as the condition is still new!!

I think I will return these pants... I own a 'Hunter' pair and it's good but I needed to step my length up.

'Marco' is the only straight leg in a lighter color since the rest of my denim is dark, but there's a lot more space in there for your legs...

I dont like it, I need a more slim leg but not to the point where it's a skinny jean

milkham

Just arrived:
psp GPS
3003773803_c84edc7a59.jpg

in action, seems to take a while to lock on but it works
3004205683_dd9ac53223.jpg

Siren: New Translation Asian version, look at that warning!
3003773885_bae65f5c1d.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
3004897534_75a8f5bf21.jpg

Battlestar Galactica Season One on HD-DVD @ $19.99, Fry's.

Resistance 2 @ $54.99, Fry's.

!

Proc

123wako.jpg

io2n2t.jpg

Went to buy R2 but I couldn't resist LBP now that my ebgames had them in stock. I love my ps3 again and it feels good :)

I have no idea how some people are content on just watching lbp levels on youtube. Discovering them from the little pod and booting up into a player-made level takes less than a minute. God I love that game. Resistance 2 does not disapoint either. Right now I'm sort of surprised at the flack the campaign has gotten. So far it is very well paced and looks and plays great.

Oh and the lcbo (canadian liquor store) was right next door. To my surprise they had stella on sale. What a night indeed.

cresto

Proc said:
123wako.jpg

io2n2t.jpg

Went to buy R2 but I couldn't resist LBP now that my ebgames had them in stock. I love my ps3 again and it feels good :)

I have no idea how some people are content on just watching lbp levels on youtube. Discovering them from the little pod and booting up into a player-made level takes less than a minute. God I love that game. Resistance 2 does not disapoint either. Right now I'm sort of surprised at the flack the campaign has gotten. So far it is very well paced and looks and plays great.

Oh and the lcbo (canadian liquor store) was right next door. To my surprise they had stella on sale. What a night indeed.

stella in a can? have you no SHAME!

jaydogg691

AnonymousNoob said:
Spot the LOLWUT.

(No, I'm not criticizing his purchase.)
If you're talking about the deformation of the plastic in the top left, my stupid cousin messed it up while unwrapping the game. I don't really care, I already exported to tracks for Rock Band 2.

I also forgot, I bought a Dual Shock 3 and the PS Eye. Might posted it up when I get GoW 2.

Manp

Bliddo said:

how much? went to the first shop on the road while i was out for work this morning and they were selling it for 69,90€... that seems a bit too much to me.

i hope to find a better deal before evening :lol

:)

Bliddo

Manp said:
how much? went to the first shop on the road while i was out for work this morning and they were selling it for 69,90€... that seems a bit too much to me.

i hope to find a better deal before evening :lol

:)
It was 69.98 at Gamestop, but I traded a couple of shitty games, so I paid 30€

suikodan

marwan said:
does the GPS work in Japan only? and can you download maps?

Outside Japan, you can use the GPS with a homebrew application. You can download maps with a GDML application, which is fairly easy albeit a little long at first.

DaFish

JEKKI said:
curses to daylight savings time!!!

I cant take good pictures anymore coz it's hella dark when I get home now!!

taking pictures without sunlight is like making a sandwich without miracle whip.... got damn!!!

e03hvm.jpg

Nice...

Have you picked up "Illa J: Yancey Boys and Q-Tip: Renaissances" Check'em both out (Illa J is J Dilla's little brother)

Top Bottom