• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

marwan said:
it went for almost $20 with Mario Tennis as a pack-in, but then had no game. I alsked the guy how did they manage to get it, he said it just came in randomly, i was tempted to get it for it's nostalgioc/collecting purpose.

whoa, a VB...

dork

Banned
Azzurri said:
Hey Dork, is the phone Jailbroken?

I jailbroke it and messed around with it, and then restored to normal settings (because i lost my contacts) Now that my phone numbers are backed up I may do it again. It was pretty cool, the stuff you can do is amazing.

poweld

Oh! My Car! said:
2z7ebtw.jpg

How? Can I has?

marwan

Banned
LiK said:
whoa, a VB...

yah, that was my impression too, do you think i should grab it for such a dirt cheap price? no games thought, so i'll have to hunt the games down from Ebay.

what good games are on the VB that would encourage me to buy it? i know there is a Wario game(i love Wario), is his VB game anything like Wario Land on the GBA?

LiK

marwan said:
yah, that was my impression too, do you think i should grab it for such a dirt cheap price? no games thought, so i'll have to hunt the games down from Ebay.

what good games are on the VB that would encourage me to buy it? i know there is a Wario game(i love Wario), is his VB game anything like Wario Land on the GBA?

well, i don't think it's worth it cuz it hurt my eyes when i tried it out as a kid. but if you're up for it, i highly suggest watching AVGN's VB episode cuz he reviews pretty much most of the games. it seems the only good game for it is Wario and some robot punching game. i think VB games are dirt cheap on ebay so you should have no problems there.

Yes Boss!

marwan said:

Marwan,

Definitely go for that. I use it for all my Megadrive, Turbo, SNES, NES VC titles and it is a dream. Many other Gaffers use it as well. Reasonable price would be $45 to $50. How much is it selling for there?

Beq

Neo Member
Don't know if its the picture of not, but the fake Sony controller, has the SO and NY slightly off, and not straight.

The virtual boy.. you should have gotten it man. The $1 coupon on batteries alone is almost worth it

zmet

sept3.jpg

Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player
Gun Nac (cart only) - Famicom

Gonna give the movies a rest on the PS3 and use it mainly for gaming. Also the bitstreamed TrueHD and DTS-HD MA soundtracks sound way better (especially the center channel) since my AV receiver (Onkyo TX-SR805) is handling the sound now.

Yes Boss!

zmet said:
sept3.jpg

Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player
Gun Nac (cart only) - Famicom

Gonna give the movies a rest on the PS3 and use it mainly for gaming. Also the bitstreamed TrueHD and DTS-HD MA soundtracks sound way better (especially the center channel) since my AV receiver (Onkyo TX-SR805) is handling the sound now.

that is somthing i need to do...give my launch 60GB unit a rest. i thought about going stand alone or just another 80GB unit.

zmet

Yes Boss! said:
that is somthing i need to do...give my launch 60GB unit a rest. i thought about going stand alone or just another 80GB unit.
You should go for a stand alone unit. Much quieter and it puts out less heat than the PS3.

Most of this stuff arrived in August, I admit, but I couldn't bear to make this post before the first item on the list was safely in my grasp.

j8o8r7.jpg

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 Amazon Version - admittedly huge, but strangely comfortable. Will get to work improving my nonexistent skills as soon as Soul Calibur IV arrives.

11rahl1.jpg

My meatier-than-usual monthly haul of EDGE publications. August and September issues arrived in my home country in curiously close succession. Decided to finally purchase the EDGE File volumes 2 and 3 - volume 1 seems to be hard to find nowadays?

nzrrpt.jpg

From left: 1) Arguably the best film to come from my country during this century (not that I expect anyone here to care much); 2) No explanation needed; 3) Andrei Tarkovsky's original interpretation of Stanislaw Lem's classic novel, no George Clooney here!

34efep0.jpg

Basically bought EEE for the awesome cover art, but the game isn't hopeless either. Rondo of Blood is truly heavy on challenge, but who can complain with such polished execution. Not me.

2jcxz08.jpg

A shiny new remote for my PSP-2000 (I must be one of four people on the planet using the PSP for podcasts and music...)

291jij6.jpg

Began the process of collecting videogame soundtracks that have impressed me over the years. This month's haul: Katamari Fortissimo Damacy (legend!) and Okami Piano Arrange.

28ckf0g.jpg

Realised that now is (still) the time to procure brand new Dreamcast games and accessories for a pittance. Jet Set Radio (EU), Space Channel 5 (US), a microphone, a blue VMU and a vibration pack for close to free.

fu962q.jpg

Literature: the fifth Penny Arcade book to join the previous four and the absolutely excellent Okami artbook (US edition).

Sorry for the obscene amount of pictures. I'll try to be more economical next time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I use my PSP for music as well, picked up one of those things too. (Except from DealExtreme)

zwz4zk.jpg

Local place had these on sale. Almost a pound of Belgium chocolate for $6! :D

Yes Boss!

Suur Tõll said:
Sorry for the obscene amount of pictures. I'll try to be more economical next time.

This is a post pick-up thread. No need to apologize for pics. The more the merrier.

That said, had you considered the North American Criterion release of Solaris. I had the old russian release but the Criterion is even better.

And, I like the Clooney version...certainly belongs in anybody's collection.

Yes Boss! said:
This is a post pick-up thread. No need to apologize for pics. The more the merrier.
I'll keep that in mind!

That said, had you considered the North American Criterion release of Solaris. I had the old russian release but the Criterion is even better.

And, I like the Clooney version...certainly belongs in anybody's collection.
I have considered the Criterion release, but 1) the one pictured was under $10, so it was kind of a no-brainer; 2) my default DVD playback device is the PS3 which is sadly region locked and refuses to accept region 1 DVDs. All the same, I appreciate the recommendation.

To be fair, I like the Clooney version, too. Just not in the same way. :)

HAOHMARU

I picked up these today on the cheap:

SEPpickup.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture...anyway, I have a few more things getting shipped to me in the mail this month that I will post once I get them.

inner-G

Banned
recent pickups. (includes some August - Disgaea)

new camera!:
090308_17431.jpg

Used the new one for these:
SDC10007.jpg

Special close-up for Amir0x: :D
SDC10011.jpg

bh7812

Banned
I hope you don't mind me quotin ya Marwan :) I know this question was more directed at Lik but I can say for sure that the Wario game is the best game on the VB by far. Yes, it does hurt your eyes and God knows it hurt mine. I got massive eye strain from that thing but boy was it worth it! The Wario Land game is just plain fun period. The graphics, although mostly in reds and oranges are well done. There's quite a few neat-o 3D effects in it too. I honestly thought about buying a VB at that time just for this one game :) I'll put it like this, that game is kind of like the Wario game coming out for Wii in just a few weeks only it's more in 2 1/2 D with some 3D effects thrown in and in shades of red and orange. But by and away the best game on the VB, I'd definitely recommend checkin it out!

marwan said:

HamPster PamPster said:
Is the 360 really this... white? It always seems to have a sort of grey tone in the stores. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough

It could just be the new $199 price tag but that looks pretty sexy
Yeah they're white.

Elites, now those are fucking gray.
Well, Charcoal. But not Black.

-PXG-

HamPster PamPster said:
Is the 360 really this... white? It always seems to have a sort of grey tone in the stores. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough

The flash from the camera may have made it a little more "white" than it really is. But yes, the 360 is a pure, colorless "titanium white".

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I like the 'theme' too. We should have a hidden one every month ;)

All in good fun of course.

LiK

ironmanbust.jpg

iron man bust sideshow exclusive. took a long time to arrive since i've been on their wait list in like forever! :lol

talesofves.jpg

tales of vesperia SE. i love steelcases.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of an odd update for me.

mrv3ix.jpg

Conan figurine was under $2 at Half Price Books. w00t!

Lost Odyssey ($35 -25% coupon -10% edge) and Madden 09 ($55 - same discounts) are replacing new copies of the same games I just bought recently. Lost Odyssey was about $40 on Target Clearance, Madden 09 CE for the PS3 was about $62. Saving about 40 bucks by going used and downgrading from CE to regular Madden. :D

marwan

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Marwan,

Definitely go for that. I use it for all my Megadrive, Turbo, SNES, NES VC titles and it is a dream. Many other Gaffers use it as well. Reasonable price would be $45 to $50. How much is it selling for there?

the guy offered it to me after discount for $35

my only problem is i barely play VS games, so if anything i'd like to have it as a rare/collector item.

Truespeed

HamPster PamPster said:

Only the arcade units are albino white. Much like we segregate albino's from our society, the arcade units segregate the casual gamer from the hardcore gamer.

Some leftover stuff from August and new stuff as well.

sept08pickup01.JPG

sept08pickup02.JPG

sept08pickup03.JPG

sept08pickup04.JPG

Grabbed these little slinky animals from Hilo Hattie in Kauai for my woman. Cute shit.

sept08pickup05.JPG

Got some hand me down Kenwood front left and front right speakers from my dad. Goes real well with my setup.

sept08pickup07.JPG

And finally my time killers for this month.

sept08pickup06.JPG

sl4sh79

After months of lurking, I decided to play too... :D

Some of this are actually from end of August, but hey... I was lazy

zmch87.jpg

this is getting rare to find, it took me a while

2hq9xt4.jpg

PGR4 was 9,9€ from MediaWorld (MediaMarkt), how could I say no?
the others are from play-asia, way cheaper than bought locally even with shipping/customs (they got me this time :D)

jzuo2g.jpg

Bender's Big Score came finally out here!
And my first PS3 game! (I still have to buy it lol), jap version (with online unlike the asia one) and bonus phone strap - good deal from ebay

oh, and Bionic Commando Rearmed 360.. but I forgot to take a pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom