• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netto-kun

Xater said:
Yeah I am already feeling that it's this time of the year again...

vdnja.jpg
Damn, I was hoping for the European boxart to be like the Japanese one. :(

ffivbox.jpg

Oh well, going to pick this game up later today.

marwan

Banned
my wife is officially going to kill me, i got the Pro version of the HTC Diamond, which is the HTC Touch Pro :) ....and an 8GB microSD card to go with it. sh!t, that's 2 phones in 48 hours! lol

23ab3b8e.jpg

Dever

Banned
Xater said:
Yeah I am already feeling that it's this time of the year again...

vdnja.jpg

Goddamn that rating is just... Do they really need such a huge logo to tell that "THIS GAME IS PROBABLY OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS"? Would make more sense if only the highest age rating was enormous.

Xater

Dever said:
Goddamn that rating is just... Do they really need such a huge logo to tell that "THIS GAME IS PROBABLY OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS"? Would make more sense if only the highest age rating was enormous.

No shit...

A if it makes any difference at all how big the rating is. It was perfectly readable before.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Where is that rating from, Germany ? I have some games with the usk logo ( but a tiny one ) on the disc, but not on cover over here in Switzerland.

Xater

Kandrick said:
Where is that rating from, Germany ? I have some games with the usk logo ( but a tiny one ) on the disc, but not on cover over here in Switzerland.

Yes Germany. There was a nother revision of the law for youth protection and now all the ratings have to be this big.

Ashwardo

Neo Member
Just got my order from Play-Asia today, also picked up Spore galactic edition on the 2nd.

DSC05048.jpg

DSC05044.jpg

Can't wait to play Disgaea 3 tomorrow :D

crispyben

2s6n9cy.jpg

GBM is from September, Rhythm Tengoku is from August (the game cost me more than the console :lol that's what you get for being lttp/clueless)

HAOHMARU

Just picked up Yakzua. I have been meaning to get this for the longest time and since Yakzua 2 is finally getting released it gave me a little more motivation.

Notice the dust build up on the PS2...lol.

Yakuza.jpg

Beq

Neo Member
Bull said:
$55 for a used copy of Too Human? WTF?

There is a 25% off any xbox/xbox 360 game floating around. With an additional 10% off if you have the EDGE card, makes it a little over $35 plus tax... Not a bad deal

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Beq said:
There is a 25% off any xbox/xbox 360 game floating around. With an additional 10% off if you have the EDGE card, makes it a little over $35 plus tax... Not a bad deal
Coupon expired yesterday, btw, for anyone who saw this and decided to try and track it down.

marwan said:
my wife is officially going to kill me, i got the Pro version of the HTC Diamond, which is the HTC Touch Pro :) ....and an 8GB microSD card to go with it. sh!t, that's 2 phones in 48 hours! lol

23ab3b8e.jpg
AGH!!! I've been wanting that phone since they first announced it. So hot.

Since you have the Omnia too, which one is better out of the two?

Sagitario

Martial Loh said:
sept.jpg

Went a bit Castlevania crazy and ordered these! The GBA cart is Circle of the Moon. Oh, and i picked up Dotstream too.

Nice... I hope you really enjoy them [the Castlevanias]... you only need Aria of Sorrow now :D ...

marwan

Banned
donkey show said:
AGH!!! I've been wanting that phone since they first announced it. So hot.

Since you have the Omnia too, which one is better out of the two?

TOUCH PRO ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! NO CONTEST! :)

Omnia is still extremely buggy, laggy, slow and the presses don't register properly, u have to press them 2-3 times to execute certain commands. and the screen si big, which is nice, but 65k colors and trust me it makes a difference on a 3.2 screen, you can tell the color palate edges.

Omnia has a good UI, but doesn't feel finished(like the buggy software), so i'll wait for a firmware see how it goes, if it's not good I'll sell it and keep the Touch Pro and Nokia N95(my favorite trusty phone ever)

only thing i love about the Omnia is the 5mp camera, which is better than the Touch Pro 3.2mp, but then again the Nokia N95 eats them both alive in terms of camera quality :)

me of the story, get the Touch Pro, it's worth every penny(even though expensive)...and btw, the Touch Pro sliding keyboard is absolute perfection! first phone/PDA with 5 row keys, and back lit to boot :)

i love writing text messages and emails while i'm still in bed in a dark room! :)

EDIT: Touch Pro has tons of applications and GPS stuff, but man the YouTube application is simply amazing! the UI, icons, presentation is incredible! sccroll half way the link and you'll see the YouTube application

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro-review-278p10.php

did i mention the screen res on the Touch Pro is VGA? it's 480x640....sharp sharp sharp.....it's like a small HD screen....shit, i sound like a sales man! lol you get the point! GT IT AND U WONT LOOKS BACK!

(the only disappointing thing in the Touch Pro is the low res video)

EDIT: the iPhone is so laughable btw after experiencing the Touch Pro, Nokia N95 and Omnia(vene if it's bit buggy,,,,,it can still shot a lot that the iPhone can't)

Hey, turns out my broken camera wasn't really broken, instead ... someone ... didn't use the right kind of batteries. To celebrate the occasion here's the stuff I got yesterday:

SDC10145_1.jpg

SDC10148_1.jpg

And as a bonus here are my recently signed copies of Symphony of the Night and the Dracula X Chronicles. I did an interview with IGA at the Games Convention in Leipzip and couldn't pass up the opportunity. :)

SDC10113.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
bee2efaf11.jpg

my normal anime/game/figure haul for the week

1eef9804d1.jpg

my 1st (and only, I think) Birthday present, 40 inch 1080p 120hz Sony LCD TV

:D

Sagitario

Chaz Ashley said:
And as a bonus here are my recently signed copies of Symphony of the Night and the Dracula X Chronicles. I did an interview with IGA at the Games Convention in Leipzip and couldn't pass up the opportunity. :)

SDC10113.jpg

Link to the interview, please...

I already own the Castlevania Double Pack.. I finished Harmony of Dissonance recently and am a few hours into Aria of Sorrow. Loving it so far!

Sagitario

Chaz Ashley said:
Sorry, german TV only for now (though maybe I'll do a transcript sometime in the future).

Looking forward to it... :)
Can you share some tidbits? Anything interesting that was said?

Martial Loh said:
I already own the Castlevania Double Pack.. I finished Harmony of Dissonance recently and am a few hours into Aria of Sorrow. Loving it so far!

My favorite GBA game :D ...

sw26

Edge193.jpg

Edge 193

ScotlandTop.jpg

The new Scotland football/soccer home shirt (ahead of our first World Cup qualifier against Macedonia this afternoon)

Warnen [img said:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1eef9804d1.jpg[/img]

Good choice my man, ive just bought the 52" version of this tv, paired it with a nice sony hd audio amp and some kef eggs.:D

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Hazaro said:
Dude that kicks ass. Shame the subs look terrible though. :lol

Yeah, going to get the dub version in November. Blu Ray subs look good, there needs to be more Blu Ray anime!

supermackem said:
Good choice my man, ive just bought the 52" version of this tv, paired it with a nice sony hd audio amp and some kef eggs.:D

My brother got one too but the Samsung version, he wants to replace our old 52 Sony with a new 120hz one now too.

Manp

got an HDMI 5 to 1 switch for PS3, 360 and PC early this week

2vb7q10.jpg

it's small, has a tiny remote that works surprisingly well and it does its job.

:)

TomServo

Warnen said:
1eef9804d1.jpg

If you don't want to (or can't) run the wires in the wall, this is a nice alternative:

http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer/products/tv_cord_center.asp

I've got one for my plasma, which is mounted on an exterior wall of my concrete house. You can paint it to match the wall, and it's got plenty of room. Mine has two HDMI cables, two component cable sets, and the TV's power cord running in it with room to spare.

Got mine for around $20 at Lowes.

xenix

My purchases this week:

Some BD movies
10eehx2.jpg

Somthing for my pet project :D

2zdn21w.jpg

I know it doesn't look like the most beautiful casing (hey, it serve its purpose), but I bought a new Mobo (Asus M2NPV-VM), CPU (AMD Athlon 64 AM2) & RAM (4GB). And I finally got this running... :lol

2ufsrpx.jpg

Danielsan

xenix said:
What can I say? I was 17 when I purchased this casing... :lol
That explains the power unlimited sticker. :p
Used to read the PU as well when I was younger. Can't stand it now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom