• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a second ps3, prison break season one, gattaca, a hdmi cable.

and from the store: warhawk fallen star, the last guy, everyday shooter and the SSHD solo pack.

later for the pics.

marwan said:
TOUCH PRO ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! NO CONTEST! :)

Omnia is still extremely buggy, laggy, slow and the presses don't register properly, u have to press them 2-3 times to execute certain commands. and the screen si big, which is nice, but 65k colors and trust me it makes a difference on a 3.2 screen, you can tell the color palate edges.

Omnia has a good UI, but doesn't feel finished(like the buggy software), so i'll wait for a firmware see how it goes, if it's not good I'll sell it and keep the Touch Pro and Nokia N95(my favorite trusty phone ever)

only thing i love about the Omnia is the 5mp camera, which is better than the Touch Pro 3.2mp, but then again the Nokia N95 eats them both alive in terms of camera quality :)

me of the story, get the Touch Pro, it's worth every penny(even though expensive)...and btw, the Touch Pro sliding keyboard is absolute perfection! first phone/PDA with 5 row keys, and back lit to boot :)

i love writing text messages and emails while i'm still in bed in a dark room! :)

EDIT: Touch Pro has tons of applications and GPS stuff, but man the YouTube application is simply amazing! the UI, icons, presentation is incredible! sccroll half way the link and you'll see the YouTube application

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro-review-278p10.php

did i mention the screen res on the Touch Pro is VGA? it's 480x640....sharp sharp sharp.....it's like a small HD screen....shit, i sound like a sales man! lol you get the point! GT IT AND U WONT LOOKS BACK!

(the only disappointing thing in the Touch Pro is the low res video)

EDIT: the iPhone is so laughable btw after experiencing the Touch Pro, Nokia N95 and Omnia(vene if it's bit buggy,,,,,it can still shot a lot that the iPhone can't)
Ah good to hear, good to hear. I've seen vids of its UI and whatnot and as an fan of HTC phones (I have a Hermes right now) I'm pretty stoked about the Diamond. I love their backlit keyboards like the one on mine and it's good to hear that the quality carries over.

I heard HTC was supposed to prep it a little more before it's US debut, but I dunno if I can wait much longer. It's so fucking sexy!!! >__<

xenix

Danielsan said:
That explains the power unlimited sticker. :p
Used to read the PU as well when I was younger. Can't stand it now though.

Yeah, same here. I used to read it since 1996 & after 2000, I started to lost interest...

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
TomServo said:
If you don't want to (or can't) run the wires in the wall, this is a nice alternative:

http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer/products/tv_cord_center.asp

I've got one for my plasma, which is mounted on an exterior wall of my concrete house. You can paint it to match the wall, and it's got plenty of room. Mine has two HDMI cables, two component cable sets, and the TV's power cord running in it with room to spare.

Got mine for around $20 at Lowes.

Thanks going to get one of them. Just re did the wireing to all HDMI cables so there are only 3 wires and the plug now.

HAOHMARU

This should be my last pick-up for September and I finally got my Soldier of Fortune subscription.

DVDpickup.jpg

marwan

Banned
donkey show said:
Ah good to hear, good to hear. I've seen vids of its UI and whatnot and as an fan of HTC phones (I have a Hermes right now) I'm pretty stoked about the Diamond. I love their backlit keyboards like the one on mine and it's good to hear that the quality carries over.

I heard HTC was supposed to prep it a little more before it's US debut, but I dunno if I can wait much longer. It's so fucking sexy!!! >__<

when is it coming to the U.S? we get phones way earlier than anywhere due to the 900Mhz band.

we already ave the Nokia N96 and Samsung INNOV8 based also on symbian with 8 megapixel cam, that thing killed a Cannon camera in terms f picture quality lol

http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/008/08/innov8_8_mpx_camera_reviewed_by_the_mobile_review.htm

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=4993
(page 4 has the sample pictures)
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8510_innov8-review-269.php

marwan said:
when is it coming to the U.S? we get phones way earlier than anywhere due to the 900Mhz band.

we already ave the Nokia N96 and Samsung INNOV8 based also on symbian with 8 megapixel cam, that thing killed a Cannon camera in terms f picture quality lol

http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/008/08/innov8_8_mpx_camera_reviewed_by_the_mobile_review.htm

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=4993
(page 4 has the sample pictures)
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8510_innov8-review-269.php
It's supposedly out later on this month or next but there still hasn't been a definite release date last time I checked.

And that INNOV8 picture quality is stupid good. I'm amazed.

CTLance

• PSP Slim&Lite (flashed it ASAP, now runs CFW - the disk drive is just ridiculous on this thing - louder and more obnoxious sounding than I remembered. Brrrrrr. Hence...)
  • 2GB Sandisk Memorystick M2 + Adapter (for those vids&MP3s)
  • 4GB Sandisk Memorystick Pro Duo + Adapter (CSO&Skype&Apps&etc go here)
  • Boogie for 18 Euro at Woolys - surprisingly OK game (why no wireless Mic tho? Boo. :mad: )
  • Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (EU version) - bought it before being told that US&EU&JP versions apparently can't "talk" with each other. :(
  • HOTD 2&3 (US version) - o nom nom nom.
2dtakva.jpg

(Not pictured is my Strongbad WiiWare purchase, because my phone camera is just way too shitty for that. 2MP, my ass!)

Oh yeah, what are the recommended settings for PSP-compatible MP4 movies? So far I go with a bitrate like 400-450kbps, well below the PSPs upper limit of 750kbps (according to Sonys horribly useless FAQ), 480x272px/368x272px, and 112kbps AAC (CBR, 44.1kHz) with the x264 codec with all CABAC and Trellis turned on. Nice-looking, particularly with 2-pass encoding, but still a bit on the big side of things IMHO.

luffeN

stuff not pictured:
  • metal gear solid 4 ps3 80 gig dualshock 3 pack
  • new pc: quad core, radeon 4870 and stuff
departed_ds3.jpg

waiting for:
  • ichigo bankai sword! (if it gets through customs)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
CTLance said:

• Oh yeah, what are the recommended settings for PSP-compatible MP4 movies? So far I go with a bitrate like 400-450kbps, well below the PSPs upper limit of 750kbps (according to Sonys horribly useless FAQ), 480x272px/368x272px, and 112kbps AAC (CBR, 44.1kHz) with the x264 codec with all CABAC and Trellis turned on. Nice-looking, particularly with 2-pass encoding, but still a bit on the big side of things IMHO.

• I use 400-500 myself with AAC.

24 minutes of great quality video for 70MB is fantastic :D

What program are you using for video conversion? I had to go through 7 before I settled on XVID4PSP

BobLoblaw

Banned
Sept.jpg

Stargate SG-1: The Complete Series (never seen)

Armored Core: Ray Leonard KPACHAR Limited Edition

Armored Core: Nineball Seraph

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Asus EEE PC 901 with Windows XP, replacing the previous 701 model which I am selling to a friend. This was for my wife, and despite all her complaining (we don't need it, forget about it, etc etc) she has been using it nonstop since I bought it last night. I had to try out some emulators though! :p

2832631523_8d9a659507_b.jpg

Battle Fantasia PS3 (bought back for 2700 yen NEW after selling it off for 2000 yen earlier- not too bad), Mercenaries 2, and Orochi Musou Maou Saorin. Plus Arcadia magazine and some manga. YOTSUBA TO 8 WOO-HOO!!

2834714027_146ba16291_b.jpg

Some Sekirei capsule toys. I got the complete set but the last one is a little girl in a swimsuit and I'm not feeling that.

2834714031_68973315f1.jpg

Lyte Edge said:
Asus EEE PC 901 with Windows XP.

2832631523_8d9a659507_b.jpg
I think that is NG you're playing, but try 2i. It actually supports true widescreen. Enable it so you don't have fat characters and distorted horizontal space.

Why they took it out of 3s I'll never understand.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
_dementia said:
I think that is NG you're playing, but try 2i. It actually supports true widescreen. Enable it so you don't have fat characters and distorted horizontal space.

Why they took it out of 3s I'll never understand.

It is NG. I prefer the look and sound of NG so I tried that.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks to Truespeed, we have a new image to add to the op!

200g12c.jpg

EDIT: Also, <3 Arcadia Magazine !

Ledsen

Lyte Edge said:
Asus EEE PC 901 with Windows XP, replacing the previous 701 model which I am selling to a friend. This was for my wife, and despite all her complaining (we don't need it, forget about it, etc etc) she has been using it nonstop since I bought it last night. I had to try out some emulators though! :p

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/2832631523_8d9a659507_b.jpg[IMG]

Battle Fantasia PS3 (bought back for 2700 yen NEW after selling it off for 2000 yen earlier- not too bad), Mercenaries 2, and Orochi Musou Maou Saorin. Plus Arcadia magazine and some manga. YOTSUBA TO 8 WOO-HOO!!

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/2834714027_146ba16291_b.jpg

Some Sekirei capsule toys. I got the complete set but the last one is a little girl in a swimsuit and I'm not feeling that.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2834714031_68973315f1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

What is that series in the middle?

marwan

Banned
donkey show said:
It's supposedly out later on this month or next but there still hasn't been a definite release date last time I checked.

And that INNOV8 picture quality is stupid good. I'm amazed.

yah the INNOV8 has amazing picture quality, but it didn't get great reviews, they say thye only good thing is the camera and video quality.......and you wanna hear something even more stupid? it costs here(in the UAE after dollar conversion), A WHOPPING $1089!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O WTF?

even the Nokia E90 Communicator, which is Nokia's flagship didn't cost that much, and it's way more capable as a business phone!

anyways, let's not derail the thread and continue our conversation over PM,

later, ;)

2j2yote.jpg

Theory of a Dead Man is horrifically ghastly garbage music from the bowels of Satan's vomitspawn. I knew that before paying $2 for it though. Felt like owning something real shitty I could vandalize without even thinking twice about it. Apparently two of the movies are similarly shitty though. I never learn. Don't buy stuff you know nothing about on impulse. Has that ever worked out for anyone?

Hitmeneer

BobLoblaw said:
Stargate SG-1: The Complete Series (never seen)

Armored Core: Ray Leonard KPACHAR Limited Edition

Armored Core: Nineball Seraph

Did you never see any SG1 episode? Wow.

It's still one of my favorite sciencefiction series
especially with Claudia Black
and I'm sure you will have a blast.

CTLance

Hazaro said:
What program are you using for video conversion? I had to go through 7 before I settled on XVID4PSP
Mac user here. =P

Have you tried Handbrake? I've heard good things about it. I think there was some windows app dedicated for that stuff, too... PSP video 9? Something like that.

Me, I installed the slightly buggy ffmpegX - the included PSP profiles are utterly useless. I strongly suspect the always-resurfacing addon (mencoder etc) installation broke Mplayer, and I'm not exactly thrilled about that.

I had to build myself a custom profile to get anything resembling quality out of it. Now it runs like a charm, and queueing a bunch of videos to be converted in the background is definitely a very welcome feature. Sadly, it never sticks to profile settings when a new movie is loaded in, so you need to reload the profile for every friggen movie you have it encode. Then there's the nonsensical nagsceen at startup about the (obviously present and working) components that just... won't... go... away no matter how often you let it install the components.

Now that I have the "best" (?) settings I'm thinking about writing a smallish script to make converting videos a one-click experience, so to speak. But I'm lazy and I definitely have done enough experimenting on that issue to last me for a while. Plus, I have a certain dislike of 12+ parameter command lines full of encoder gibberish. Brrrrrr. I think I'll try handbrake next... :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
CTLance said:
Mac user here. =P

Have you tried Handbrake? I've heard good things about it. I think there was some windows app dedicated for that stuff, too... PSP video 9? Something like that.

PSPVIdeo9 is made by the Devil and is smothered in AIDS.

I have not tried HandBrake.

XVID4PSP is great, has never failed a conversion and is ok speedwise.

Use bootcamp and run it :lol

Only downside is that you have to add each file you want manually which takes around 5 seconds. No batch yet, but it is in the requested features.

Rimshot

Well this month I bought 15 kilos malt, two 100 gram bags of hops and 2 different yeasts, Tales of Vesperia and Denon AVR 1906 Home Theater Receiver. Will post pics of the game and the receiver once it finds its way here by the post.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
DigitalA1chemy said:
And the best thing I'll get all month, The Japanese Kill Bill Vol. 2 Box:
2838006302_2e3e129264.jpg

Now to hunt down Vol. 1...

Shit that's damn awesome I need to hunt myself down one of these!

Yes Boss!

Giving it another shot for $15. Didn't do it for me the first time upon release. Now if i like it I'll spring for the Wii version in the future.

chop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom