• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Crushed

Fry Daddy
My opponent and I have responded about stages, but he hasn't been on since yesterday, his name still shows "Awaiting Registration" on my roster, and we hadn't picked a time. I just PM'd him about it to ask what times he's on and if he has my Friend Code.

Just out of curiosity, since I'm sure he'll probably respond soon, what happens if a match doesn't happen?

Crushed said:
My opponent and I have responded about stages, but he hasn't been on since yesterday, his name still shows "Awaiting Registration" on my roster, and we hadn't picked a time. I just PM'd him about it to ask what times he's on and if he has my Friend Code.

Just out of curiosity, since I'm sure he'll probably respond soon, what happens if a match doesn't happen?
A sub probably takes your opponents place.

Jiggy

The only three matches that have happened so far that I made serious predictions for, I was right about: slayn won, Nabster92 won, and viewtiful_dru won. Now I just need Dr.Hadji to win, Teknoman to win (pending that RevenantKioku responds in time), MrCheez to win, Crushed to lose, usea to lose, and me to win (pending who I get paired with if OgnodoD can't get Smash online), and I'll be 9 for 9 on my serious predictions.

Jiggy

Crushed said:
Ahahahaha.

Please don't take a laggy match on Big Blue where I was just joking with you and Firestorm to be indicate of my overall skill.
I was thinking of the 75m match. :D But seriously, I think I'll upgrade you to win just because I've never heard of WalkMan, and post count and GAF prominence determine Smash skill.

OliveJuice said:
Just played SS4Gogita. Good game SS4.

Round 1: Yoshi's Island - I won
Round 2: Pirate Ship - I won.
Well, there goes my joke prediction that anybody with a DBZ name would lose. >_>

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Jiggy37 said:
Well, there goes my joke prediction that anybody with a DBZ name would lose. >_>

Good thing it was a joke prediction, because I'm hilariously bad (compared to my peers) at this game.

It probably didn't help that I picked Lucas with the lag we had. I mean, it wasn't terrible, but it was worse than what I usually get with friends matches (that includes someone else from Canada). All my projectiles were pretty much useless.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Oh shit, Slayn, Olive and Biggkidd are in this? I wanna get to the finals already :D (you guys better get there).

Zozz

Banned
Just won my match against bigmakstudios

Won both matches

1 match - Yoshi Island (Zozz) Diddy Kong vs (bigmakstudios) Pit - I won
2 match - Shadow of Moses Island (Zozz) Diddy Kong vs (bigmakstudios) Pit - I won

Just won my match against bigmakstudios

Won both matches

1 match - Yoshi Island (Zozz) Diddy Kong vs (bigmakstudios) Pit - I won
2 match - Shadow of Moses Island (Zozz) Diddy Kong vs (bigmakstudios) Pit - I won

i r not good at smash bros. >_> It was fun though.

Teknoman

Just got a PM from R. Kioku, so we've still gotta set a schedule. Plus he's Japan and im in Texas so, bit of a scheduling difficulty there. We'll work it out though. Should have the match today or tomorrow.

Firestorm said:
PRIZE UPDATE
Please thank Michan and MangaBullet as First, Second, and Third place winners will all receive a Virtual Console game of their choice!

MangaBullet is not up yet but will be in May hopefully.

:D :D

Malfunky

Jiggy37 said:
Battle of the funks. :eek: So the funkmaster beat the anti-funk, basically.

I let him win. It was laggy.

Yes, that'll do nicely..

EDIT: Shouldn't reveal your character in case someone wants to take advantage of that. Mine, I don't care. :[]

Crimmy

I just beat Ben (Einherjar) 2-0. First on Yoshi's then on Final Destination.

Did I report it right or do I have to PM someone?

No problem bro. Ill be seeing you online now though since we're friends :)

Hmm, does someone from GAF own Mangabullet or something? The prize is appreciated and all but I was just wondering why a random site would donate a prize to GAF. I already signed up for the site :), it looks interesting. Thanks to Michan for donating the prize as well.

Oh and Jiggy, I was using Falco. SS4 already said he was using Lucas, so I might as well say who I was using.

Firestorm

OliveJuice said:
Hmm, does someone from GAF own Mangabullet or something? The prize is appreciated and all but I was just wondering why a random site would donate a prize to GAF. I already signed up for the site :), it looks interesting. Thanks to Michan for donating the prize as well.

Oh and Jiggy, I was using Falco. SS4 already said he was using Lucas, so I might as well say who I was using.

Michan works on the site I believe.

Baiano19 said:
Firestorm, how long do I have to wait until ganondorf>Link reply? It´s been 4 days since I sent the PM :/

I'll likely be replacing him soon or you move on.

Economan

PunjabiPlaya said:
Yes, but they were some REALLY close matches, especially the second match, I thought I was done for when I had +60% damage and you had none. >_<

Replying late, but who cares!

Yea, i really liked that second match. At the end, I was pulling my hair out that I couldn't kill you when you had like +160 damage.

Jiggy

SuperAndroid17 said:
Jiggly I dont even have you on my flist yet wth!

I want to play you 1v1, you are a jigglypuff user correct?
I use Jigglypuff, Luigi, Mr. Game & Watch, Zelda, Falco, Kirby, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and Wolf. Jigglypuff is actually one of the rarest; I just don't use her if there's lag going on, because Jiggs needs perfect input a lot more than the others. >_>

Zeed

Banned
Dechaios said:
Zeed responded to me, looks like we're fighting at 10 tonight. I'll post the results.
I've waited an hour. It's now 11 and he's still a no-show. I have no choice but to officially report that Dechaios has stood me up - I don't have any more time to play tonight.

Next time you can't make it man, send a PM beforehand.

Top Bottom