• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

DarkKyo

Zeed said:
I've waited an hour. It's now 11 and he's still a no-show. I have no choice but to officially report that Dechaios has stood me up - I don't have any more time to play tonight.

Next time you can't make it man, send a PM beforehand.
I completely lost track of time. I'm sorry, I'm here now but I guess it's too late *sigh*. I'm super sorry =(

Edit: I really expected to be on and playing but things got heavy elsewhere. Just send me a PM on when you want to re-schedule I guess.

Zeed

Banned
Alright I want to get this out of the way because I'm not sure I'll be able to play on the weekdays.

I'm going on now. If I see you there, we settle this now. If you're reading this, hop on right now.

DarkKyo

Zeed said:
Alright I want to get this out of the way because I'm not sure I'll be able to play on the weekdays.

I'm going on now. If I see you there, we settle this now. If you're reading this, hop on right now.
I keep trying to join but it says "Disconnected from network during transmission" and I can connect to others fine... Do you know what's up?

Also, you never told me what map you want if you lose.

Zeed

Banned
Dechaios said:
I keep trying to join but it says "Disconnected from network during transmission" and I can connect to others fine... Do you know what's up?

Also, you never told me what map you want if you lose.
No idea. You try making the room, I'll join. I played with my friend earlier just fine.

Also I'll take Final Destination if I lose.

Firestorm

Yeah often one player won't be able to connect to the other but the other way around works. So people should try that. I know slayn and I have this issue..

Zeed

Banned
Uh, the second match had no Smash Balls while the first one did. I wouldn't complain but that turned out to be the deciding factor in the first game...

I'll turn off the items. Let's go.

DarkKyo

Zeed said:
Uh, the second match had no Smash Balls while the first one did. I wouldn't complain but that turned out to be the deciding factor in the first game...
Yeah, I had no items on. Both of us need to turn our items off.

Also, remember you killed me once with a final smash in round one as well, so it was even with those.

DarkKyo

Zeed said:
Lag was terrible but it was a close match and a good one. Your win, have fun in the winner's bracket.
Thanks, I'm really sorry about being late. It was a good match, I had fun =) Good luck to you!

2-0 Dechaios on this one peoples

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dechaios said:
Thanks, I'm really sorry about being late. It was a good match, I had fun =) Good luck to you!

2-0 Dechaios on this one peoples

Who you guys used and what stages. We just like to keep stats =P

Cowie

for all you statistical tracker types..
cowie over auron_kale in 2
toon link and snake respectively, on yoshi's island ds and smashville

Good games!

Ashhong

hey firestorm, sorry about that, forgot all about this =/

so my opponent is radiuhm, u want me to PM him and say what? schedule the day?

k so PMed him my AIM and my availability, hope thats right.

Firestorm

Ashhong said:
hey firestorm, sorry about that, forgot all about this =/

so my opponent is radiuhm, u want me to PM him and say what? schedule the day?

k so PMed him my AIM and my availability, hope thats right.

The first post has everything you're supposed to do.

Blizzard

Banned
My opponent PMed me, and I just got back from spring break and replied. Then I discovered the rules, and PMed him with my stage choice. Waiting to hear his availability and stage choice.

DarkKyo

Jiggy37 said:
Wow, a Ganondorf user in the tournament, and he actually won. :eek: Dechaios to go straight to the top?
I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty decent as Ganondorf. People feel so driven from him because of the lag of his hits and his lack of speed... I'm not giving away any strategies of course, but it really feels like Brawl Ganondorf has so much more potential than Melee Ganondorf.

Ashhong

Blizzard said:
My opponent PMed me, and I just got back from spring break and replied. Then I discovered the rules, and PMed him with my stage choice. Waiting to hear his availability and stage choice.

well the first stage is chosen by firestorm (yoshis island) so we didnt have to PM a choice right?

Blizzard

Banned
Ashhong said:
well the first stage is chosen by firestorm (yoshis island) so we didnt have to PM a choice right?

Well, I thought Firestorm meant we were supposed to tell our opponent in advance what stage we wanted to play if we lost. (i.e. before playing the first match, when you would learn what character they're using).

Cowie:

Good games and I can't wait to play you again sometime soon! How was the lag on your end? I'm super curious to see if the lan adapter made any difference at all in my online battles.

justchris

justchris vs BudokaiMR2

Round 1 (Yoshi's Island): justchris (Kirby) vs BudokaiMR2 (Marth): winner BudoakiMR2
Round 2 (Pirate Ship): justchris (Kirby) vs BudokaiMR2 (Marth): winner BudokaiMR2

BudokaiMR2 wins

Good matches all around justchris! Good luck in future matches and message me anytime you want some practice or just good ole smash chaos.

Jiggy

We're 16-9 on shutout victories vs. 2-1 matchups. The second round of the winners' bracket could get heated. :eek:

Edit: Could also be 16-10 or 17-9; we don't know how the BlueSummers vs. Hatchet Man match went.

Cowie

Auron_Kale said:
Cowie:

Good games and I can't wait to play you again sometime soon! How was the lag on your end? I'm super curious to see if the lan adapter made any difference at all in my online battles.

wait, you have a lan adapter as well? haha. It felt like the input delay may have been higher than usual, but the gameplay was very consistent. We're also on separate sides of the country, so all things considered it was great.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Jiggy37 said:
We're 16-9 on shutout victories vs. 2-1 matchups. The second round of the winners' bracket could get heated. :eek:

Edit: Could also be 16-10 or 17-9; we don't know how the BlueSummers vs. Hatchet Man match went.

You are living this:lol I wanna get on the second round already... dammit =P

usea

I just realized that the time we set to play didn't include a time zone. Really should start doing that. I'll just assume EDT to be on the safe side, though I'm located in CDT.

For your stats Jiggy. My match vs. Hatchet man. 2-0 in favor of Bluesummers.
Bluesummers-Ness (both rounds)
Hatchet Man-G&W (first round) Lucario (2nd round)
Yoshis island of course and Smashville 2nd.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Dechaios said:
I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty decent as Ganondorf. People feel so driven from him because of the lag of his hits and his lack of speed... I'm not giving away any strategies of course, but it really feels like Brawl Ganondorf has so much more potential than Melee Ganondorf.

You should give away strategies after the tournament is over. :) I'm interesting in hearing creative ways to overcome Ganondorf's fat-ass slowness :D

P.S. I should be having my tourney match sometime tonight

HotByCold

Banned
Okay, just got back from my match against shaft.
Shaft won both matches.

First match: Shaft(Ike) vs AdCOW(Kirby) on Yoshi's island
Second match: Shaft(Ike) vs AdCOW(R.O.B) on Smashville

Congrats man!

Top Bottom