• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Matticers

Added one to my cart, hit checkout and... it won't load. lol

Edit: And gone. Checkout not loading fucked me over. I don't even know why they announce this stuff instead of putting it up randomly.

kaskade

I had it in my cart. UGHHHHHHHHHHH. They asked to verify my card and it was one I don't keep on me so I had to enter another one then it said no longer available.

YES!!!! Got one!!!!

Order went through and everything with pickup from my local Wally world next Tuesday the 22nd.

Finally.... dang Nintendo - ridiculous to have to go through all of this. Now just to find an extra controller.... :)

EDIT For anyone who wants to try again in this silly lottery tomorrow you may want to do the following in advance:
1) Make sure you have a walmart login and add a credit card.
2) If you are planning on in-store pickup (rather than shipping) make sure you have a "local" walmart already selected. For me the shipping wouldn't have arrived until next Friday (after Thanksgiving) while in-store pickup would be earlier.
3) Logout and log back in a couple of minutes before so you aren't caught having to "login".

What I did after doing the above stuff was to hit F5 over and over while keeping my mouse cursor over the button that normally talks about being notified of more stock - that way if/when you see it change to "Add to Cart" you can just immediately click it and then continue with minimal time wasted and then get in your order as quickly as possible.

You may want to get the walmart app on a smartphone instead of using a computer - sometimes smartphone apps work better (and faster) with online retailers than a web browser. I did not do that and have no experience with the walmart app but it might be an idea...

Credo

Got both in my cart. Says the console is out of stock but the controller is in stock, but it won't let me check out. Now got a 502 Proxy Error. Quality show all around.

Holy shit I got one.

FgvGBjiV4lIfS.gif

StAidan

Awesome, I got an extra controller!! Pretty sure it helped that I already had it left over in my cart from yesterday.

So stoked.

Brandwin

So stupid. Let me go through the whole process, pick store to pick up etc... hit complete order "sorry item no longer in stock" F YOU!

//ARCANUM

i got a console and controller in my cart but its giving me that BS can't deliver to your zip code for ANY zip code i enter

ghibli99

Add to cart... THERE IS NOTHING IN MY CART.

You gotta laugh at how ridiculous this all is, getting caught up in the hysterics, watching the site basically die in the minutes leading up to 2PM. LOL

I'm glad I finally got an extra controller, but ouch at that shipping cost. $6 just to ship the thing, AND it won't even be here for over a week.

Guzim

"Due to state restrictions this item can't be shipped to ***** or picked up in stores nearby."

What is this?!

Now the controller is out of stock. Wonderful! I had it open when it was still available but none of the damn buttons worked! I tried adding random things to my cart but that didn't work either so it wasn't just the controller but the site in general.

//ARCANUM

so now that i have it in my cart.... can i just click checkout tomorrow at 4? did anyone from yesterday have this success today?

Wait what? Yesterday I saw the report that every day at 2pm between the 14th and 18th, Wal-Mart was going to have it. 2pm came around and it didn't happen, and CAG said it was a hoax and the original source wasn't credible. But today it actually happened? I didn't bother since I thought the info wasn't true...

galvatron

Walmart site got bodied. Straight up 404s for a few refreshes before it showed the NES classic in my cart. Already sold out before the checkout click.

At least I'll have a head start on it tomorrow...

I got all the way to the last checkout page with the place order button but by the time I reached that point its out of stock again. I can refresh and it keeps me here so hopefully tomorrow I can just hit place order.

Toki767

Wait what? Yesterday I saw the report that every day at 2pm between the 14th and 18th, Wal-Mart was going to have it. 2pm came around and it didn't happen, and CAG said it was a hoax and the original source wasn't credible. But today it actually happened? I didn't bother since I thought the info wasn't true...

It did happen yesterday. They were just 15 minutes late.

Top Bottom