• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Huh? What are you talking about? It's order placed , processing, then shipped. Why would it get cancelled?

In my past online ordering experience if something takes too long to get through processing it gets canceled. I already had it happen to one of these NES systems from another site. Granted it was Family Video, but I've also seen it happen with price errors for things I've tried to jump on as well. Basically, if I set my expectations really low I won't be disappointed if it happens. :)

In my past online ordering experience if something takes too long to get through processing it gets canceled. I already had it happen to one of these NES systems from another site. Granted it was Family Video, but I've also seen it happen with price errors for things I've tried to jump on as well. Basically, if I set my expectations really low I won't be disappointed if it happens. :)

Well this is a big company with a large fullifment system. You should be fine.

GeeDuhb

My wife got through the Walmart selling today, but it's been sitting at processing since it went up. Guessing that's going to get canceled. Oh well.

I got a Walmart order in two days ago and it's still processing. I don't think they've shipped any out yet.

Got mine through Walmart Tuesday. It sat at processing until this morning, and it finally shipped out today! So you guys should be fine.

Also, I call bullshit if they were to cancel an order from today, considering they are dropping more tomorrow at 2pm...

Reposting from the Canadian deals thread, because this is the right place for it!

Finally got all my orders in.

hqdefault.jpg

iphys

The NES Classic Controller is... weirdly lightweight.

I'm going to have to dig out one of my old NES controllers, but the new one seems much lighter...

I thought the same but tried comparing them and couldn't feel any difference in weight outside of the longer wire on the original weighing it down a bit more. I think we just grew up or got used to bigger heavier controllers over the years.

My Google fu struggles ... are the OEM Wii Classic/Pro Controllers the only compatible options outside the NES Classic controller?

I wouldn't mind picking up an off-brand just for two player purposes.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Cucurbitacée;224875098 said:
If it can connect to a Wii Remote, it will work on the NES Classic Mini.

Not necessarily true. My madcatz fightstick doesnt work with it, and neither are some accesories developed for the nes mini (because they assumed if it worked on wii remotes it would work with the system).

To all those worried about getting a Mini NES... so far, for most of Nintendos 'limited' runs, after a few weeks of confusion and scalpers taking unrealistically high prices, the product was back in stores and was there to stay (at least that's how it's in Europe, I'd guess it's similiar in America. Thinking of certain Amiibo, Game+Amiibo sets, other hardware and the like).
So while I understand it - been there myself - instead of stressing out because you won't have the Mini NES right now, sit back, relax, play something else, stay informed and then get one of those sweet little machines when the already confirmed restocks happen (there will probably even be a new thread on GAF when that happen). By all means, do not feed the scalpers on Ebay etc. with money because this sort of "day one" panic is what makes it all worthwhile to them.

That said, it's easy for me to say since this time around, I got lucky. My preorder arrived late, but it arrived and took me straight back to my childhood playing SMB3, Zelda, MegaMan, Kirby and more on my small 13" TV set. As a selfcontained "one off" machine, it is a great achievement for emulation this close to the original feel including hardware itself. I would have loved a couple of more or different games, but so does everyone probably because tastes are different and overall, I applaud the selection for being 'historically relevant' and apart from 2-3 games still great to jump in and play. It sets out to do something very specific and it does this in a great way - I understand why Nintendo chose against "buying more games on the system" or similiar (even though I would have bought more games, for sure).
The one and only gripe are the short cables: I suggest buying extended HDMI and power cables instead of controller extensions - they're cheaper and it's convenient to keep the MiniNES close to you during gameplay since RESET now is basically the home button.

dno_1966

Just got mine and am very impressed, now to finally complete the first Zelda...

Can you imagine how cute the mini Gamecube is going to look!?

Not necessarily true. My madcatz fightstick doesnt work with it, and neither are some accesories developed for the nes mini (because they assumed if it worked on wii remotes it would work with the system).
Is it recognized? But some buttons or directions don't work? If it's not recognized that would be very strange, as it the same technology; it should work in any case (minus the missing controls, depending on the controller).

Cucurbitacée;224875677 said:
Is it recognized? But some buttons or directions don't work? If it's not recognized that would be very strange, as it the same technology; it should work in any case (minus the missing controls, depending on the controller).
Some of the Amazon reviews for generic Wii Classic controllers mention that the product does not work (for them) on the NES Classic.

It looks like Nintendo's site only vouches for the Classic and Classic Pro controllers (naturally). May need to try the Wii nunchuck, haha.

NekoFever

I'm having problems with my NES Classic and my A/V receiver. The console works when plugged directly into the TV, but when connected to an input on the receiver using the same HDMI cable, the TV gets no signal (and I hear no sound out of the speakers, either). The receiver is a mid-level Denon. Any ideas?

You're not alone. A few other people in this thread (me included) have had the same problems with Denon receivers. I've seen complaints on other forums too.

moai

so the top of the box says "classics" like if it was a series of products. i guess at least an snes is coming.

iphys

I can confirm that my Hori Tatsunoko vs Capcom fightstick and Hori gamecube style Smash controllers do work with it at least.

Toth

My Best Buy order which was changed to backordered Wednesday was shipped today! Check your emails. Good show, BB.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Every enemy in Ghosts n' Goblins is annoying as fuck. I'm stuck at the part in the second level where you climb a bunch of ladders while fighting off birds and goblins.

The NES Classic Controller I ordered from Wal-Mart yesterday has not yet shipped.

It is set to arrive this coming Wednesday November 23rd, when should I expect a shipping notification? If not today on a Friday would it be Monday at the earliest or would they ship over the weekend?

I decided to get a longer HDMI cable because I'm not a fan of connecting and disconnecting every time I want to play. Makes me worried about the connector wearing out.

Still not sure which cable expander to get. They all seem equally as shitty.

RedRumy3

Just got emailed from Best Buy and says delayed and expected date is now Dec. 9th for me

Edit: Just got another email and it shipped!! ^_^

I can confirm that my Hori Tatsunoko vs Capcom fightstick and Hori gamecube style Smash controllers do work with it at least.
Good to hear, thanks. I'm still contemplating getting a used Wii Classic controller but a Walmart close to me has the Smash controllers.

AgeEighty

Just got emailed from Best Buy and says delayed and expected date is now Dec. 9th for me

Edit: Just got another email and it shipped!! ^_^

Yep, same for me. I was afraid the delay was just an automated thing because the projected delivery date had come with no delivery notice from a shipper, but happily not.

I'm just happy the order was not canceled; I wasn't relishing the notion of going back on the hunt for one of these for my brother's Christmas gift.

SuperSah

Banned
Finally got round to opening my NES.

I love it. The little box and controller both feel very high quality and super responsive. The system is fast as hell and every game looks beautiful in HD.

I've played some Punch-Out and Mega Man 2, superb stuff. Glad Nintendo did this, it's serious value for money. :)

Coming up in 30 minutes, the final day of our week-long special on the brawl for the NES Mini on Walmart.com

Who will emerge victorious and who will be encompassed by frustration?

Will we see old faces returning for a final hurrah? Or will the heavily favored B.O.T.s come out on top for the fifth-straight day?

Find out today at 5 p.m. EST, 4 p.m. CST

bumpkin

Oh yeah, now I'm playing with power... Got my extra controller today that I got from Amazon last Friday.

If anyone else picks up the Insignia controller extension that Best Buy sells, you need to do some light surgery to use two at the same time. You will need to remove the Wii Remote strap clip. It's easy to do (two small screws), just make sure to screw them back in after. They aid in holding the connector halves together.

Coming up in 30 minutes, the final day of our week-long special on the brawl for the NES Mini on Walmart.com

Who will emerge victorious and who will be encompassed by frustration?

Will we see old faces returning for a final hurrah? Or will the heavily favored B.O.T.s come out on top for the fifth-straight day?

Find out today at 5 p.m. EST, 4 p.m. CST
It shows me $240 still. Is it really that expensive?!

alba

Little is the new Big
Here we go again boys. I got the controller yesterday and was almost able to buy the console, hoping I'll get one today.

Top Bottom