• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

neurophd

This is some Elvis/Bigfoot sightings type shit at this point lol

uNZOp55.jpg

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just want a controller ffs xD

Do you own a Wii Classic Controller? I prefer it SO MUCH over the NES controller. I thought I wanted another controller, but yeah, that thing is not ergonomic in the slightlest.

Those third party NES controller have gotten good reviews on Amazon and Walmart. I mean, you can always get one of those. I've read multiple reviews there that say it feels the exact same as the OEM Nintendo controller. I'd go for one of those if I really wanted another NES controller, which I don't anymore.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Do you own a Wii Classic Controller? I prefer it SO MUCH over the NES controller. I thought I wanted another controller, but yeah, that thing is not ergonomic in the slightlest.

Those third party NES controller have gotten good reviews on Amazon and Walmart. I mean, you can always get one of those. I've read multiple reviews there that say it feels the exact same as the OEM Nintendo controller. I'd go for one of those if I really wanted another NES controller, which I don't anymore.

i want an original.
I do own a wii classic controller but its not the same i mainly want it so it looks legit

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have still never once seen these in a store. I'd maybe impulse buy one if I saw it in person honestly.

I'm glad/lucky that I have one. But I still want another one to keep at work to play with others and another for home.

The latest hack is SO GOOD now too. It's such a breeze and so fast to upload your own games.

Indelible

Hopefully this gets restocked soon, it is a pretty cool little device. I was able to put my entire NES collection on it very easily, definitely worth the cash just for the convenience.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hopefully this gets restocked soon, it is a pretty cool little device. I was able to put my entire NES collection on it very easily, definitely worth the cash just for the convenience.

If I didn't already have one, I'd say it's worth higher than the MSRP for what you can do on it after hacking. It'd be nice to have that second controller, but if I paid $100 for one off the black market, I'd call it that fair.

ICO_SotC

Had one in my cart, but I couldn't get through the checkout process.

After about 40 minutes, the site told me it was sold out and it was removed from my cart.

That was fun.

Vitacat

I got NOTHING after 45 minutes of trying. Scalpers probably got most of them. And apparently retailers can't be bothered setting up a captcha system for hard to find products.

ICO_SotC

Oh well. Congrats to those that got them. Maybe next time.

Funny, when they announced this thing, I assumed by now they'd be selling for half price and easy to get. On the bright side, I guess it's nice to see a continued interest in classic gaming.

Congrats to those who got them. I just had an exam so I had no chance. Honestly though as long as it's this difficult I'm not even gonna bother. I have plenty of other stuff to get like Persona 5.

Raitaro

Pure anecdotal story here, but a friend of mine back home in The Netherlands contacted a store (forgot to ask him which one) to try and order a NES classic some weeks ago to share with his daughter and he was told Nintendo wouldn't be restocking them. To be clear, he had not kept up with the news about their scarcity so when he found out this way he was quite disappointed. I wonder if Nintendo is telling EU retailers a different story than US ones at this point, assuming this one Dutch retailer was telling the truth and not just expressing saltiness at not getting enough stock or something.

I feel really bad for anyone who still wants one if Nintendo is not even being clear / honest - to customers AND retailers it seems - about whether they're still producing and shipping out this device or not. Man, what a shit show surrounding an otherwise great little retro machine this has become...

Kevin

Why would they stop making them if they can sell so many more?? So confused .

That's what Nintendo does with many hot items. Seems like a weird company tactic. I was lucky to get one awhile back but I can't get any extra controllers (beyond cheap knockoff ones).

Just get the Famicom version and put the US roms on it. Nintendo is shameful with this thing. I get the christmas shortage but its almost April.

They must make pennies on these things.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have one, but I'm still pissed off for everyone else.

I thought Nintendo would just STOP altogether with this thing, because its easy as hell to hack and if you hack it you're likely not going to purchase the SNES Mini, because why bother? I already have all the custom games I want on it. I figured Nintendo would just stop production and find some way to sure it up from being hacked and try again with the SNES Mini.

It astounds me how much these guys DON'T want to make money selling this thing.

kubev

I just ordered a Famicom Mini. Will the included power adapter be okay for use in the U.S., or do I need to purchase another power adapter or a voltage converter in order to use it without damaging it?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I just ordered a Famicom Mini. Will the included power adapter be okay for use in the U.S., or do I need to purchase another power adapter or a voltage converter in order to use it without damaging it?

The plug that it comes with is fine.

IrishNinja

just wanted to chime in & say i think the NES classic is garbo

so i had 2 savestates/whatever in zelda 1, right? one super early, one at level 3 or so. i couldn't sort making another (it only allowed 2 in game or something?), so i saved in-game at dungeon 7.

that save is gone. it's just the beginning game save with 3 hearts. the fuckin' NES everdrive is easier to sort out than this shit, i lost my data once when i tried to reset & save in the OS (couldn't, then accidentally clicked A - OH GOOD, TITLE SCREEN, THANKS NINTNEDO) then just saving in-game did sweet fuckall.

for real, this is some dumb shit. why make it so tricky just to do what should be a basic function? if this wasn't my girlfirned's gift i'd chuck it into the bushes.

breadtruck

I haven't been camping out or anything for one, but I do occasionally check around online and in stores to see if I can get one.

Absolutely ridiculous that this is still so hard to get all this time later.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I haven't been camping out or anything for one, but I do occasionally check around online and in stores to see if I can get one.

Absolutely ridiculous that this is still so hard to get all this time later.

It is pretty sad, I guess they are not making much on these to warrant producing more at a time?

NolbertoS

I lost all hype for this. Got one, but wanted anoter for my co-workers. Its stupid in this day and age that Nintendo still won't release more. I've moved on to the Switch now, guess Nintendo will soon realize the novelty will wear off anf atop production. If they ever release a SNES one, make sure its random draws and one per customer based on credit card info, so everyone has equal chance and no major ill will

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I want one so bad :(

Fuck Nintendo man. I feel like they doing this purposely now. Anytime it comes on Amazon or BB they sell out within minutes. Hasn't it been like almost 5 months now?

Top Bottom