• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

TransTrender

Gold Member
I'm completely baffled I haven't seen these for sale or in stock on Amazon/BestBuy/Target/Walmart for weeks. Seriously, how can their production be so limited?

hayejin

One avail in OC....Keep refreshing...

qwqKNqC.jpg

swarley64

How long did it take Nintendo to get its shit together back when there were Wii shortages? I never thought it would be this bad...

Amory

This fucking thing is still scarce? Redick.

I gave up. Sucks, but screw Nintendo. They're a weird company, and you have to take the good with the bad, but they allowed the scalpers to take over this cool little product by never making enough of them. It was forgivable at first, not anymore.

Which is weird, because the profit margin on these things has to be sky high.

Why did I buy this? Ugh. I can return the crappy controller right?

From the item page, listed under the controller:

"Not applicable for return on any products that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete and in sealed new condition."

So no.

DomLando

Every NES Classic Wireless Controller has bad reviews and complaints about dropping connections.

Any one you'd recommend?

I am wondering the same thing. Just gave a NES Classic to my dad for his birthday and couldn't believe how short the controller wire was. What are the best options?

I can't believe Nintendo has never produced any more official controllers since this thing launched. It's fucking nuts.

I'm sure Nintendo is very focused on the Switch right now, but have they said anything about the NES Classic lately? I'm starting to believe the rumors that this thing has been discontinued.

I can't believe Nintendo has never produced any more official controllers since this thing launched. It's fucking nuts.

I'm sure Nintendo is very focused on the Switch right now, but have they said anything about the NES Classic lately? I'm starting to believe the rumors that this thing has been discontinued.

At this point, I suspect they'll do a relaunch this summer.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I am wondering the same thing. Just gave a NES Classic to my dad for his birthday and couldn't believe how short the controller wire was. What are the best options?

Just order an extension 2-pack from Amazon or Walmart or Best Buy, they're everywhere. I got two 10 ft extensions for like 12 bucks, I think.

Also get a Wii Classic Controller for your second controller, it's the best option. Also, hack the NES Classic for your dad. Put Sega, Super Nintendo, GBA , or the entire NES library on it, it'll blow his mind.

Alcibiades

Yup wouldn't be surprised to see $100+ Ebay prices going until at least March. Now that Christmas is over Nintendo must be worried that flooding the market could result in lots of unsold product.

Wish I'd been wrong about this. Everytime I go to Walmart or Target I check and still haven't seen one in the wild (south Texas here).

NES Classic to me is just the Halo Master Chief collection all over again. Both showed so much promise of bringing back some of my favorite video game years and both failed miserably for me. Can't get a hold of the classic still. HMC was dead in the water with all those issues. In a perfect world...

Been considering just getting a Famicom Mini imported (it'd still be cheaper in most cases) and just flashing it, but the controllers on that are even shorter and don't, I believe, have the option for extending the length?

Been considering just getting a Famicom Mini imported (it'd still be cheaper in most cases) and just flashing it, but the controllers on that are even shorter and don't, I believe, have the option for extending the length?

Mod it by clipping the controller cable internally and splicing an extension cable so you can hook up classic controllers.

NES Classic to me is just the Halo Master Chief collection all over again. Both showed so much promise of bringing back some of my favorite video game years and both failed miserably for me. Can't get a hold of the classic still. HMC was dead in the water with all those issues. In a perfect world...

At least when you find one it won't be broken like MCC

B.K.

I thought about doing that, but aren't the controllers on the Famicom Mini really tiny?

I thought about doing that, but aren't the controllers on the Famicom Mini really tiny?
Cables are indeed short and controllers are indeed tiny. I would suggest doing the internal cable mod a couple posts above if you have the guts or know someone confident enough to do so.

rezn0r

i think this is apples & oranges

Top Bottom