• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So is it possible to power the Classic using one of those mini USB chargers? Has anyone tried? I'd like to know before I go out and buy one, looking to hook it up to a projector with no USB port nearby, so I'm wondering if I can do a clean install by just having a portable charger to power it up. Probably only going to use it for at most 1 hour at a time.

Anyone tried?

SystemUser

So is it possible to power the Classic using one of those mini USB chargers? Has anyone tried? I'd like to know before I go out and buy one, looking to hook it up to a projector with no USB port nearby, so I'm wondering if I can do a clean install by just having a portable charger to power it up. Probably only going to use it for at most 1 hour at a time.

Anyone tried?

You need a power bank that outputs at least 1A at least. I am pretty sure I have heard of it working on a half amp port, but the included power supply is 5v @ 1A.

clem84

Gold Member
Is Nintendo still making more of these? I've been looking at online stores for the past 3 months (not actively looking, just once in a while) and haven't found any. My local EB also sells them as soon as they receive them the lady tells me.

Has Nintendo said if they were going to keep making these for the foreseeable future?

Edit: Just read the previous page. It appears they are... For the time being anyway.

Any tips on finding one in the NYC area? I've never seen one in stock and I'm really getting frustrated that Nintendo is making it this difficult to take my money.

hayejin

Has there been any restock since couple of weeks ago?

Seems like Nintendo have been busy with Switch as there hasn't been any restock news or sighting this week.

clem84

Gold Member
2-3 weeks ago I went to an EB here in Canada and asked if they were still receiving them. The lady told me they were but in "extremely small shipments and they sell out right away" so she told me to keep coming by once in while, early in the morning preferably, and I might get lucky.

This morning I just happened to be in the area so I stopped by and asked again if they had any. She told me "Discontinued. We won't be receiving anymore". Is this official? Have other stores been told the same thing?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I had given up on this thing, but a streamer I'm watching on Twitch started yelling "GO! GO! GO! NES CLASSIC! BEST BUY!"

Haha, finally was able to snag one of these damn things

Mzo

Checked thread during lunch at work yesterday and managed to snag one at BB. Putting the BB coupons from my Switch purchase to work.

Thank you to whoever posted the news. The nightmare is over.

SeanR1221

Wal Mart sells one with 9 foot cord that's decent. Best buy also had one with ten foot cord that's pretty good

I'm seeing a bunch of different ones from Walmart sellers. Which one do you recommend?

Is it about the same or significantly better than the Best Buy one?

I gave up willing to spend on a 3rd party controller. Instead I bought a 6ft extension for the short cord that comes with the console and a NES Mini to NES converter, that way I can use my original NES controllers with this thing.

Top Bottom