• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

arhra

Damn, people already streaming? I thought twitch didn't allow pre-release streaming?

They allow it if it's specifically sanctioned by the developers. The only people online right now are press/streamers/pros who have pre-release copies, and have some restrictions on what they're allowed to stream (campaign is limited to missions 1-3 + 8, anything goes for multiplayer, but the playlist selection is currently limited).

Then stop behaving like one.

And judging from other people's posts it seems like you are quite famous.
For dumb posting in Halo 5 threads

But im not behaving like one. Im not the one throwing insults at someone i disagree with. That is immature in my book.

So having a different opinion on things is dumb posting on gaf. Gotcha. Maybe a mod should close this thread. My OP post must be really dumb then.

Random17

So having a different opinion on things is dumb posting on gaf. .
Is this what people fall back on?

Your opinion is dumb. It's not dumb because it's different, it's dumb because it is dumb.

The fact that you continue to defend yourself and try to get the last word is very immature.

Is this what people fall back on?

Your opinion is dumb. It's not dumb because it's different, it's dumb because it is dumb.

The fact that you continue to defend yourself and try to get the last word is very immature.

So because i disagree with you, im dumb? wow... what a nice community.

I already said lets move on, people just cant stop. And of course i will defend myself. I dont see a reason to get called dumb.

DyZ

I received my physical copy today, but i'm not bummed nor am I surprised that I can't access a majority of features early. It's expected to be totally honest.

What I don't like however is this whole "whitelist" stuff. I mean I get you want review/press outlets to receive the game early so they can dig into it, and I get that you want exposure from some top tier streamers, but man, there are some people who have access to the online features, and I have no clue why (well I do, but not really). It's as if every former washed up professional Halo player was granted access to the pre-release MP (people garnering single-digit views).

Also, for what it's worth (and for those saying otherwise), Halo 4's online features were accessible at least 5+ days before the game officially launched.

GravyButt

Because its their game, its not officially out, and they can do whatever the eff they want with it for the final few days before the *points to certain people in this topic * bitch about every little thing and shit all over something theyve put a lot of hard work and time into?

Yea. Your dumb.

m23

Because its their game, its not officially out, and they can do whatever the eff they want with it for the final few days before the *points to certain people in this topic * bitch about every little thing and shit all over something theyve put a lot of hard work and time into?

Yea. Your dumb.

The irony.

So breaking street date is okay because lolz. But when street date is broken and the company running the servers decides not to flip the switch because of a set date then you cry foul?

I can't wait to see how you feel about Star Wars not breaking street date.

tumblr_n4iierxtrb1rj1j9ro3_250.gif

Game's not out

People who have the game before it comes out can't play on the servers because the servers are only available to an approved pool of players (possibly subject to NDA) while the game is under embargo PRIOR to its release. In other words, they don't have unrestricted access to show what they're playing, and it'll be impossible for 343 to regulate that on all of the early copies.

I understand the sentiment by the way (i also have the game).

Same. I wasn't that dissapointed in the story but I can see how people could be. The MP is going to be great

Man, I sure hope the story isn't disappointing for me....
I guess it is different for everyone, but I enjoyed each one of the Halo's stories in different ways, and that is one of the reasons I love the franchise so much.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
lol, I'd be salty as fuck if I had it and couldn't play MP, but I understand the game isn't out, sucks, but it's 343s call at the end of the day.

Eh, my LCE is downstairs game is installed and my codes are redeemed. I'd love to play it early, but I'm not petulant enough to throw a fucking fit over it.

Random17

So because i disagree with you, im dumb? wow... what a nice community.

I already said lets move on, people just cant stop. And of course i will defend myself. I dont see a reason to get called dumb.
Where in my post did I say you were dumb? I said your opinion was dumb.

Did you even read my post? And no I won't stop, because you keep misinterpreting the argument with every single post. It's borderline trolling.

Don't think that'll happen until I relearn how to play Halo, lol. I'm also subject to at least a 1 week honeymoon phase because it's fucking Halo and launch day hype is obligatory.

I can be patient as long as it is of the same level of detail as your Destiny PVP posts.

But I for one am more hyped than I was when Destiny came out. I can't wait.

Zoba just isn't the same without his Star Wars The Clone Wars avatar.

I look forward to sucking really hard at this game for a long time before I get remotely good at it. That lack of aim assist is really gonna throw me off at first.

Man, this Zoba guy must be really awesome and understands what makes a good multiplayer mode.

um7m2qS.png

Halo has no Last Word, 0/10.

Halo 5's pistol is good though.

Zoba just isn't the same without his Star Wars The Clone Wars avatar.

I look forward to sucking really hard at this game for a long time before I get remotely good at it. That lack of aim assist is really gonna throw me off at first.

It'll be nice to play a game where everyone isn't a Jackal Sniper.

It's no hawkmoon/last word tho

I hope the legendary pistol sounds hella beefy. Regular one sounds a bit too tinny

All of that stuff is just REQ stuff though right? Not sure yet what to think about a bunch of Warzone exclusive weapons.

Although they do show up in the Campaign

Then I think you'll like Halo 5.

There is a ton of open areas that lead to large scale multi-plane firefights and plenty of really fun vehicular combat in midst of the big firefights. To be honest this was my favorite part of the campaign, I truly thought the combat was really fun.

The environments are really vibrant and I found myself sometimes just looking around at the areas cause they looked so good.

Skulls and Intel are really well hidden which encourages exploration of the areas and there some cool bonus stuff to find.

No bullet sponges except for maybe some of the hunters with their shields but I didn't really find it annoying or anything like that. All the Prometheans have a weak spot that makes taking them down pretty easy.

All that being said I didn't really enjoy the story as much as I have for the previous games. While I didn't have an issue with Fire team Osiris, I just felt it was off that they would introduce Blue team (4 spartan II's who grew up together) and you barely hear them say anything.

The Campaign is designed to be played Co-op and I think it would be much more enjoyable with real teammates rather than not so good AI.

They aren't your typical chatterbox type, so they aren't suppose to be chatting it up on a consistent basis. You want to strike a balance between not enough and too much. I haven't played it yet obviously, but what I've seen so far looks pretty promising. As long as the Master Chief as a character gets the attention he deserves, and Locke especially is developed to such a satisfactory degree that I can be happy with his larger role in the universe, I will be a very happy camper. Locke is clearly being setup as a counter weight to the Master Chief obviously, and even if he isn't entirely up to the task, I want to be able to look at his character and be in awe of what they can accomplish not just alone, but maybe even together when the circumstances are right.

drotahorror

As a new Halo fan, I was wondering a thing or two about the Forge.

Is it possible that people will make 'races' like with warthogs and such?
If so can you play them with friends online?

As a new Halo fan, I was wondering a thing or two about the Forge.

Is it possible that people will make 'races' like with warthogs and such?
If so can you play them with friends online?

There's no race gametype in the game at launch, but there will absolutely be race maps and you can play those with friends in customs. I don't really expect to see them until December though.

Lingitiz

drotahorror

There's no race gametype in the game at launch, but there will absolutely be race maps and you can play those with friends in customs. I don't really expect to see them until December though.

Yea that's what I meant, custom race maps. Thanks, sounds sick.

mcfrank

More early impressions:

The difference in quality between levels where you primarily fight covenant and levels where you primarily fight Promethens is staggering. The Prometheans are simply not enjoyable to fight. There is almost no paper rock scissors balance to the fights with them which removes all of the fun from the firefights. Movement feels great in this game - 343 really nailed it - but some of the gun battles are a slog.

I hopped on to MCC with some friends after 16 straight hours of Halo 5 and can say that Halo 5 destroys Halo 4 in every way possible. Can't wait to get up and play again tomorrow

More early impressions:

The difference in quality between levels where you primarily fight covenant and levels where you primarily fight Promethens is staggering. The Prometheans are simply not enjoyable to fight. There is almost no paper rock scissors balance to the fights with them which removes all of the fun from the firefights. Movement feels great in this game - 343 really nailed it - but some of the gun battles are a slog.

The covenant are a blast to fight and I don't think they'll be able to get anything that rivals them. They did a good job of tweaking the Prometheans to make them more enjoyable. I liked trying to get the quick headshot after blasting out the Knights armpit. It's a decent change of pace

Top Bottom