• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime 2 Screens and Art!

Eric-GCA

Banned
Don't get your hopes up too high for the demo disk. I heard that its pretty bare bones, and that they even cut out the awesome
Dark Samus Battle
that was in the E3 demo. But I suppose if it lets you
fight the Ing
then its not a total loss.

Eric-GCA

Banned
metroid-prime-2-echoes-20040819101218968.jpg

I really am loving this new enemy character design, I can't wait to see what kinds of boss monsters Retro will come up with.

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20040819101259265.jpg

I can see this being very nice in motion, due to the effects like the blur of the light dome that can only be appreciated in motion rather than a screen grab.

Eric-GCA

Banned
The art in the original Prime was not bad, but I think that obviously with a sequel that uses the same game engine, more time and effort can be put into artistic creativity than could be done with the original. Retro's artists really did go all out this time though, cause almost every character they've shown off thus far for the sequel has interested me in one way or another.

The new Space Pirates look much more awesome than the originals for instance, and then of course you've got the new baddies like the Ing who are just awesome.

Ranger X

I wanted to say...
metroid-prime-2-echoes-20040819101223187.jpg

this is the best ennemi ever. When it moves around in kinda "chemical smoke" it's incredible. Me want.

Are these Galactic Federation Elite the same as the dead guy in Super Metroid and the guys in the Metroid Fusion intro?

I can't wait for this game. My Metroid hype meter is through the roof.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Yeah, the Galactic Federation soldiers are pretty much the main opposing force of the Space Pirates and the military might in the galaxy.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
cybamerc said:
These screens are framebuffer dumps. What you're seeing is what the GC is rendering you crazy people.
lol, I was thinking the same thing. I thought these screens were the best yet.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
A lot of the artists are different and can build on the good work in Prime with their own ideas.

I guess working on a quite similar sequel isn't thrilling for an artist, seems to be why they left.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Hehe, Matt C. was raving on the IGN Boards about how Nintendo needs to increase the salaries of the Metroid Prime artists (and no doubt Andrew Jones in particular) for what they have done with the sequel. There were so many enemies in Prime, and if the few shown thus far in Prime 2 are but a taste of the rest, then it's going to be a very nice ride indeed.

SantaC

Eric-GCA said:
Hehe, Matt C. was raving on the IGN Boards about how Nintendo needs to increase the salaries of the Metroid Prime artists (and no doubt Andrew Jones in particular) for what they have done with the sequel. There were so many enemies in Prime, and if the few shown thus far in Prime 2 are but a taste of the rest, then it's going to be a very nice ride indeed.

Matt C is on a roll now. First he complains, then he praises and so back and forth. Atleast he is colorful.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Bacon said:
Dark Samus.

No it isn't. Not unless they've completely redesigned it since E3. Guess it's a later suit. Love the colours, I guess the shoulders might grow on me with time.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Yeah, that's not Dark Samus, unless it can change its appearence. But I'm guessing its probably a new suit built by the Luminare that will allow you to survive in Dark Aether without having to keep running into the light domes.

Eric-GCA said:
Yeah, that's not Dark Samus, unless it can change its appearence. But I'm guessing its probably a new suit built by the Luminare that will allow you to survive in Dark Aether without having to keep running into the light domes.

cap.jpg

from kokirikory @ IGNG

EDIT: for the record, I still kind of think it's probably a later Samus suit because of the arm cannon and all, but whatever. I said it was Dark Samus because of the screen above.

Top Bottom