• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

jett

D-Member
And then RR6 happened, with those final 5 races, that rivalled the worst Pacific Rift ever came up with.

I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Yeah, the post-game content of RR7 is also absolute insanity in terms of difficulty.

//DEVIL//

man.lol. fuck sony. I am really starting to hate these guys since they let go of Evo team.

really ? you wont upgrade Drive club ? the only exclusive racing game you have and you wont give it a pro treatment ? smfh

man.lol. fuck sony. I am really starting to hate these guys since they let go of Evo team.

really ? you wont upgrade Drive club ? the only exclusive racing game you have and you wont give it a pro treatment ? smfh

It's doubly dumb since the game is getting a VR release in a month.

You think they would try and sell more copies of a game they would actually be getting money from.

It's Sony.

Clean midday look in AC.

gkHTbu9.jpg

Gestault

a little reminder of DC shaders ^^

1473343416-driveclub-tm-20160908161541.png

I still absolutely adore the self-reflection of the tail lights on the body of the car.

This is well into nitpick territory, but the level of the distortion effect in in DC often seems like a filter set too high, or at the wrong scale for the scene.
wx5sHSf.png

The "upside down" surface textures are the one problem I had with that material update a while back.
YJ8mumN.png

Sebmugi

lol thx just another one, with a little better quality of my happiest crash in DC ;)

1473862435-bloggif-57d95972cabfe.gif

the reflections of reflections give strange things sometimes, but they apply to be as real as possible ;)
I was also surprised rendering the texture of paving .. :/

1473863326-driveclub-tm-20160908161541.png

shandy706

That wreck is amazing!

I find the environment reflections, the textures, and the polycount in that picture to be really bad though. Especially the ground.
The one nice part is the tailight reflections.

IMO the Forza games have better looking paint/reflections up close. A lot of the DC reflections look like a mess up close, like they're under water.

They're good in motion though.

Gestault

That would be really shitty paintjob irl.

Even exaggerated orange-peel doesn't look like that. That's more a one-way zigzag distortion on the reflection, but it gets the job done in motion.

It should basically look like this (in the sense that you should fire your bodywork guy if you drive out with the paint looking like this):
orange-peel-paint1.png

Lol imagine that wreck in VR

Do I have to? : (

Jamesways

Clean midday look in AC.

Nice shot. Can't wait to drive that car after the silly pre-order DLC is up.

with sound even better ^^
Good lord!

Some random shots-
pCARS
Man, the TOD choices are still just awesome. Running The Ring at sunset/in the dark last night. Unrealistic, but very cool. I love the game for stuff like this.
29072869533_d25cebb875_h.jpg

And a little Spa at sunset
29072870913_837db0ef92_h.jpg

AC
29586117662_641dfa0912_h.jpg

29586120382_995d1a47e8_h.jpg

29586127032_2582fc1d6a_h.jpg

#*!#$% Glare! FM5 PTSD...
Clean the windows man!
29586124432_561bd2469b_h.jpg

And wheeeee!
29586128842_0e25356fdb_z.jpg

Jamesways

I wonder why the Forza games don't do translucent windscreen stickers, can it be possibly be taxing in this day and age?
I think FM4 had one particular Maserati MC12 GT1 that had one. But yeah, good point, wonder why.

That was one of my favorite features in Race Pro. As iffy as the graphics were as a whole, you could see air bubbles and streaks of adhesive in it.

Seems a strange omission, are they doing sidewall writing yet on the tyres, I believe they previously said their engine didn't support it?

Yeah, the NASCAR expansion has that and now I *believe* FH3 has custom letting and colouring.

I think FM4 had one particular Maserati MC12 GT1 that had one. But yeah, good point, wonder why.

That was one of my favorite features in Race Pro. As iffy as the graphics were as a whole, you could see air bubbles and streaks of adhesive in it.

That sounds great!

Forza has had the stickers before, maybe a Honda from back on F4 had them but to this day I think they've been solid so you cannot see anything through.

I'd have assumed it was an inexpensive alpha effect but maybe there's more to it?

I'd have assumed it was an inexpensive alpha effect but maybe there's more to it?

I don't think it's a matter of resources, Forza 5 and onwards have dynamic reflections on the inner windscreen that are translucent too, which seems way more computationally expensive as it's a real reflection + alphas.

Maybe it's just a design or licencing decision? I dunno, it might be easier to find racing games that to have it to compare.

Sebmugi

Nice unreal <3 gameplay in 1080p, it's nice to see. but it reminds me that we will not be entitled to a pro version and it sucks :/

DC is the only non open world, tho.

If a developer wants to downgrade their visuals to go open world thats on them, this thread however is purely for the graphics and that video is visual proof which game has the better graphics and to be quite honest it isn't even close.

Took this in Horizon 3 yesterday. The graphics are simply insane. How they did this (minus the 4K downsampled part) on a console is beyond me, nevermind being open world at the same time.

uBwUHSZ.png

|The front left tire isn't floating, it was leaving the ground as a jump. The setup looked so good that I couldn't leave it until all four were on the ground

There are also some things that lead me to believe it might have global illumination but it could just be a cheaper faked effect.

Rogas

Banned
I got NFS Rivals for cheap, it still looks really good for a launch window game. What do people think of its visuals?

Top Bottom