• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, a better analogy would be a sign that just says caution. you have no idea what's wrong with the floor, just as you have no idea what is being spoiled with fire emblem.

Yeah, I'm with Boney on this.

If I gave even the simplest of fucks about FE story I would have been pissed that someone just casually threw out such a spoiler without taking the time to put it into context.

I actually had to put people on my ignore list for a bit because they did stuff like that for SS.

Not all Spoilers are made equal and when posting in such a topic as this it's important that you remember to put them into context.

--------------

Smash talk time?

Uhhh ... I got nothing. Later. :p

cednym

Banned
I can see how somebody would like Melee more than Brawl, but to say that the N64 game is better than Brawl is... I don't know. Insane? I can't even play the original anymore.

I can see how somebody would like Melee more than Brawl, but to say that the N64 game is better than Brawl is... I don't know. Insane? I can't even play the original anymore.

Maybe they just really like the sound effects? most satisfying striking sounds and the best crowd reactions to barely grabbing a ledge.

udivision

I can see how people liked 64 more.
64 was the first one, coming off the heels of nothing. It wasn't dissapointing. There were no arguments about how it ruined the formula or attempts to mod it into a better state.

Brawl, however, is the third game. Objectively, it might be a better game than 64, but it came after melee and didn't live up to expectations.

Kard8p3

I've put thousands of hours into Melee and only 100 or so into Brawl :(

I put about 500 hours into brawl and then stopped playing it for a couple years. A few months back my cousin got into it and we've added another 700 hours to my time. We just play it because it's goofy fun. It's always his flying knee versus my fist.

I loved all 3 games, I just didn't have anyone to play Brawl with because college is over and I live far away from anyone who will play with me. :-(

But you can play onli-oh. Right.

:(
Yeah. :-(

Up until then all of my online gaming had been PC based, so I wasn't aware of such a thing as "bad netcode". I bought a Wii just for it, and I will buy a Wii U just for this if the netcode is good.

I will buy it just for this even if the netcode is bad, who am I kidding?

Emitan

Up until then all of my online gaming had been PC based, so I wasn't aware of such a thing as "bad netcode". I bought a Wii just for it, and I will buy a Wii U just for this if the netcode is good.

Not sure if I'll buy it with bad netcode. Don't have anyone to play it with anymore :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Same here, despite I hate lags and bad netcode. *sigh*

Brawl has Wario, your opinion is invalid.
I really hope Smash 4's Wario is more Wario Land-based. I mean, having WarioWare-influenced moves is fine. Great, even! But having his entire moveset influenced by it just struck me as... misguided, honestly. Where's his charging tackle? His butt slam? His ability to pick everyone up with one arm and still run around whilst holding them? Those are more iconic to me than friggin' flatulence or whatever that projectile-eating move was supposed to reference.

About the only things Wario Land-related were his alternate costume (glad they at least included that) and his victory theme, although we wouldn't know the victory theme was related until Wario Land: Shake It! came out later.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really hope Smash 4's Wario is more Wario Land-based. I mean, having WarioWare-influenced moves is fine. Great, even! But having his entire moveset influenced by it just struck me as... misguided, honestly. Where's his charging tackle? His butt slam? His ability to pick everyone up with one arm and still run around whilst holding them? Those are more iconic to me than friggin' flatulence or whatever that projectile-eating move was supposed to reference.

About the only things Wario Land-related were his alternate costume (glad they at least included that) and his victory theme, although we wouldn't know the victory theme was related until Wario Land: Shake It! came out later.

Well, they could adjust his moveset to Wario Land: Shake It Style and make someone else as WarioWare representative, such as Jimmy T, Mona and etc. Sadly, chance of that happening is very low.

I didn't online game that much before Brawl and while I was prepared to be a bit lenient since Nintendo's never been great with providing a good online experience, Brawl's online mode is downright one of the most embarrassing features I've ever seen in a game. There's a major problem when the game's lagging to a few frames a second when I'm fighting against a friend who lives a block away from me, and Mario Kart (a game I cared way less about) having a surprisingly decent online mode which supported up to 12 players at once releasing around the same time didn't help matters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I once went online and simply started the match with taunting as Captain Falcon (because that is the 11th commandment), the result was everyone ganging up on me. I'll never respect a community that is pro bullying.

I once went online and simply started the match with taunting as Captain Falcon (because that is the 11th commandment), the result was everyone ganging up on me. I'll never respect a community that is pro bullying.

...But you were taunting them. Wouldn't that make YOU a bully?

N4Us

If you didn't choose Falco and go to the bottom ledge of Zelda's Castle and go "Piece of cake!" fifty times in a row then wow. WOW. You're a scrublord don't talk to me.

Dr.Hadji

IDK, I think its pretty LOL worthy for people not on Smash boards to call Brawl causal. Anyone here tourney players? Ex-tourney players? Or are you guys got the "oh I can beat all of my friends" type of skill?

likeGdid

I know it's not smart to have the least bit of expectation when it comes to online, but Kid Icarus's online doesn't bode too well for the next Smash.

Is there a reason Sakurai didn't use communities? That feature really seemed like an actual step forward for Nintendo.

Emitan

IDK, I think its pretty LOL worthy for people not on Smash boards to call Brawl causal. Anyone here tourney players? Ex-tourney players? Or are you guys got the "oh I can beat all of my friends" type of skill?

You don't have to place in a tournament to notice an obvious removal of depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom