• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one with Kirby in it.

[]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080414001729/ssb/images/2/2a/Kirby_stone.jpg[/IMG]

zlEYZ.jpg

Do you smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell what the rock, is cooking?!

Emitan

Change Coming to Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS
Franchise creator Masahiro Sakurai gives us his early thoughts as he returns to Nintendo's blockbuster franchise.

"I intend to change direction a little as we go," Sakurai said, indicating his desire to possbily find a new mechanic or idea to drive two new entries in the series. "The key to that's going to be its dual support for 3DS/Wii U."

Sakurai, as well as Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata, had previously acknowledged his interest in linking the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game, which were announced simultaneously at E3 2011. "I'm really just getting started on this so it's going to take time, but I'll come up with something that uses that link as the game's central axis, so I hope you're looking forward to it."

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What if you're playing the Wii U version and you perform a Smash on a character...

...and he goes flying into the 3Ds version.

Game-Biz

"I intend to change direction a little as we go," Sakurai said, indicating his desire to possbily find a new mechanic or idea to drive two new entries in the series. "The key to that's going to be its dual support for 3DS/Wii U."

Sakurai, as well as Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata, had previously acknowledged his interest in linking the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game, which were announced simultaneously at E3 2011. "I'm really just getting started on this so it's going to take time, but I'll come up with something that uses that link as the game's central axis, so I hope you're looking forward to it."
Hmmmmm....Not sure if want.

Hero

Rpg mode with stats or something is my guess. Customize your Mario or Link to suit your fighting style, take them with you on your 3DS and earn Xp and other things by fighting other people then upload back to your Wii U.

Rpg mode with stats or something is my guess. Customize your Mario or Link to suit your fighting style, take them with you on your 3DS and earn Xp and other things by fighting other people then upload back to your Wii U.

So like Dissidia, then? Hmm, could be interesting.

Vidiot

I'm cool with adding more characters/stages Sakurai. :/ Now I'm worried we'll get a tiny amount of new fighters while he makes some shitty time consuming mode that I won't give a shit about.

MisterHero

Smash Bros 3DS will be like Pokemon

You only get 3 starting characters

Bulbamario
Linkmander
Squirsamus

Then you go through this amazing journey through Videoland to capture more Nintendomons

But unlike Pokemon, the battles are real time Smash Bros. battles

Pikachu is only available in the Special Yellow Edition

GamerSoul

Smash Bros 3DS will be like Pokemon

You only get 3 starting characters

Bulbamario
Linkmander
Squirsamus

Then you go through this amazing journey through Videoland to capture more Nintendomons

But unlike Pokemon, the battles are real time Smash Bros. battles

Pikachu is only available in the Special Yellow Edition

that made me lol

How about "an online on the level of Mario Kart Wii/7"

I'd settle for that.

My list of features

-Coop classic/adventure/all star mode
-Persistent online party throughout all game modes (ala Halo Reach)
-Friends list visible in all menus (also ala Halo Reach)
-Matchmaking for both casual (all stages/items) and hardcore (competitive stages/no items) with 1v1, 2v2 (parties allowed), and FFA options for each. "Hardcore" match specifics will follow competitive Smash tournament trends.
-Starcraft 2-style ranking/divisions/leagues for ranked matchmaking, at least for 1v1
-Robust online stat tracking
-Online file sharing for user-generated content, namely custom stages. Good stages could potentially make it into matchmaking.
-Optimized netcode

This is a huge AAA big budget game. I'm not settling for anything less than amazing. And it's not like any of these features haven't been done before.

Nintendo should copy+paste XBL for WiiU. The last relevant update with party chat which was what, 2008/2009? They've had plenty of time to figure out a way to replicate that.

I've learned to keep my expectations extremely low when it comes to Nintendo and netplay. At this point, all I can do is laugh when I see someone do the opposite.

The sad thing is that Halo 2 (2004) will most likely have superior online functionality than a game released a whole decade after it.

what next, release a new F-Zero without a track editor?

... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom