• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micaiah needs to be in this game so she can look like this.
d0JIF.jpg

Jesus that's a terrible character design. Ridiculously tight outfit, random boob window, stupidly huge eyes and no nose?

No thank you. Keep that out of Smash please.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
The Bionis Leg has to fucking be a stage in Smash-U. Dat Music, and dat stunning landscape. I can see Shulk being a playable character too.

So which character does Nintendo have to show in trailer at E3 to just further itself from that damn ripoff.. Shulk, Sora? Both?

Ganondorf shows up in the trailer, but instead of being barehanded he has a trident.

He slams it to the ground and starts glowing.

NEW CHALLENGER: GANON

193030-alttp_ganon_artwork.jpg

Also, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac .... The standards everyone wants/expects

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of Monster Hunter, what if a Monster Hunter did appear here? It seems to be enjoying cameo appearances in some Wii and DS games.

MisterHero

Speaking of Monster Hunter, what if a Monster Hunter did appear here? It seems to be enjoying cameo appearances in some Wii and DS games.
I'd rather have a HUmar (ASH) from Phantasy Star Online. :p

So for a 2nd Sega pic it would be him. Or Akira (Virtua Fighter).

That new 3DS game makes me want Ryu vs. Akira soooo much

SmithnCo

Would be cool, but if they couldn't convince them to let them use it in MvC I have doubts about Smash. But maybe the MH people just hate Mahvel. :p

Rich!

So, I've been playing a lot of brawl and melee recently. Realised after many years, that the gamecube C-Stick is shit - so earlier, I swapped it with a left analogue stick from a spare GC controller.

it's absolute heaven. more people should do this. it makes timesplitters even better to play, for one

emb

So which character does Nintendo have to show in trailer at E3 to just further itself from that damn ripoff.. Shulk, Sora? Both?

Ridley would be the most hype thing I can imagine them showing. I'd also love to see an older character reimagined (Balloon Fighter maybe? Something like that).

I don't think we'll even get a trailer this e3 though. :(

Boss Doggie

Well it doesn't have to have a playable - a stage would be suffice.

Besides, I know they'll add a felyne instead of a hunter anyway

Ridley would be the most hype thing I can imagine them showing. I'd also love to see an older character reimagined (Balloon Fighter maybe? Something like that).

So far every Smash Bros has given us a character reimagined.

For this one, I hope they continue the trend, and if I were to choose someone it would be either the Balloon Fighter or the Kung Fu guy!

Then to represent the new, I demand Shulk be a playable character. The Monado would give us access to some extremely cool moves.

GamerSoul

I remember reading an interview very early into Brawl's development cycle where Sakurai said that he wanted Brawl to have a much more significant focus on aerial combat than Melee. Does anyone else remember reading/hearing that? I'm not crazy, am I? :(

Brawl is more floatier so I guess that's what he was talking about and I remember hearing that.

All we're probably going to get is more interviews with Sakurai during e3, like Nintendo's round table discussions where they usually talk to Aonuma and Miyamoto. I can see him just talking about what he wants to change conceptually in this iteration, including further talks about how he plans to connect the two games with little to no information on concrete decisions he has made to that point. I hope I'm wrong though.

All i'd want to know from him at this point is his thoughts on character inclusion this time around, what is he looking for in terms of characters, and will he be making cuts, how will the two games mainly differ, customization, how will they handle online this time (for DLC characters and stages, etc) and will he do the Dojo again. lol

cednym

Banned
Miyamoto has brought up his new character again.

Shigeru Miyamoto said:
That said, there's a strong possibility we will introduce some new characters to the scene soon.

Whatever it is, I hope Sakurai implements the character(s) into Smash Bros. If any new franchise is going to get a playable character, it'll be Miyamoto's.

I remember reading an interview very early into Brawl's development cycle where Sakurai said that he wanted Brawl to have a much more significant focus on aerial combat than Melee. Does anyone else remember reading/hearing that? I'm not crazy, am I? :(
metaknight.jpg

It makes perfect sense now.

Neiteio

Welp, I just came back from the future! In my time travels I've seen the full roster, and despite Sakurai saying that "expanding volume is not enough," the roster is quite extensive, perhaps because it's the result of two games' work instead of one (3DS and WiiU). Speaking of which, those two games will monetize the hell out of us, with DLC for both games, and collectible AR cards for the 3DS game, and a Skylanders-style system of NFC-enhanced toys for the WiiU game.

Anyway, here's what I uncoverd while traveling through time:

29 new playable characters, spanning 27 new slots; everyone returns from SSBB; Mewtwo and Roy return from SSBM; grand total is 70 playable characters, spanning 64 slots (so 64 slots on the screen):

Palutena
Hades
Viridi
Geno
Toad
Paper Mario
Yarn Kirby
Dixie Kong
K. Rool
Krystal
Ridley
Masks Link
--> Deku Link
--> Goron Link
--> Zora Link
Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Little Mac
Takamaru
Mike Jones
Deoxys
Zoroark
Jeff
Kumatora
Anna
Townsfolk
Mii
Pac-man
Mega Man
Simon Belmont

NOTES:

- Yep, no Shulk, Ganon or Balloon Fighter. :(

- Masks Link appears to be three characters in one, changing Pokemon Trainer-style between Deku, Goron and Zora forms. I didn't see if the Final Smash is Fierce Deity since I had to scribble my notes quickly before my time machine ran out of juice.

- I don't know who or what Anna, Takamaru and Kumatora are, but I definitely got their names right.

- The second and third names on the list are spoiler-tagged since they are massive Kid Icarus Uprising spoilers. Not surprised to see them make the cut. I didn't see gameplay while time-traveling, so I wonder if they talk during battle?

- Someone said Deoxys' form factor actually changes based on the player's approach: spam a lot of attacks and his body changes to accentuate that; shield and dodge and he assumes a more defensive form; and run away a lot and he actually becomes faster. Sounds weird!

- Townsfolk is actually an Animal Crossing character, and not one character, but many! Three onscreen at once, in fact, controlled like Ice Climbers, and the three characters you play as are randomly selected animal villagers attacking as a mob: maybe Tom Nook, Limberg and Camofrog one round, and then a different group another. It sounds like you can scroll through individual selections if you wish, though.

- K. Rool is Kaptain by default, but like Wario in SSBB, he has his King outfit as an alt (though he retains his pirate form's blunderbuss). Also appears to be poised as comic relief, much like Wario!

- Likewise, Krystal is Dinosaur Planet princess by default, but has her Team Star Fox outside as a separate selection. A staff user, but no surprise there!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I want to bring up my idea that I came up after E3 2011.

If we have 4 players battles, whoever lost first would able to move to new controller, which is Wii U pad. Loser could have his chance to seek for revenge by screwing up the opponents in battle with Wii U pad.

For example, he could decide to tosses some kind of items, controlling the motion stages, or force stages to damage the opponents, like Lava fires.

MisterHero

If we have 4 players battles, whoever lost first would able to move to new controller, which is Wii U pad. Loser could have his chance to seek for revenge by screwing up the opponents in battle with Wii U pad.

For example, he could decide to tosses some kind of items, controlling the motion stages, or force stages to damage the opponents, like Lava fires.
Lol, it could be like when you run out of lives in Mario Kart 64, your character turned into a Bomb-kart

Neiteio

Lol, it could be like when you run out of lives in Mario Kart 64, your character turned into a Bomb-kart
This is a great idea! I wished I'd check the alternate modes to see if it was included when I went time-traveling. :-\

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I miss that feature. Then again I haven't really played Battlemode since the GCN days and even that was rare.

I think that would be a cool idea IntelliHeath. Would address the problem of the loser getting bored. Only issue I see is for the poor chap who comes in third who is stuck with nothing to do.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Oh god, I forget all about that. That was my favorite thing to do if three people decided to gang on me. It felt so good that I would take someone out when I had chance. :)

Gravijah

what i'm thinking they should do is base kirby less on the games with their kiddy stories and more on the kirby anime. kirbys anime backstory is much deeper and mature and i think it would fit into the more adult stylings of smash bros.

Boss Doggie

what i'm thinking they should do is base kirby less on the games with their kiddy stories and more on the kirby anime. kirbys anime backstory is much deeper and mature and i think it would fit into the more adult stylings of smash bros.

not sure if serious

Codeblue

Yeah, and give Dedede that ballin' voice too.

KevinCow

Banned
Since they're constantly adding to Kirby's move set, I hope they add some attacks from the new abilities in Return to Dreamland. Throw in some whip, water, leaf, and spear.

I feel like Kirby has enough abilities and enough moves with those abilities that you could pretty much directly rip every single one of his attacks from his games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom