• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzmanZ

Because Sakurai knows where his priority is and that is a character from a obscure Nintendo game barely anyone has heard of or played.

One thing I'd like to see is a stage based on Skyward Sword that's just a platform in constant freefall. It could pass by many of the game's locales and characters, and the speed at which it falls could dictate the gravity. The music could include remixes of the Ballad of the Goddess, Groose's theme, and maybe Don't Want You No More (although that might be saved for a potential second Twilight Princess stage). The best part would be that occasionally, Groose would come flying by and tackle an unlucky player off of the stage.

JazzmanZ

The obscure characters that weren't really known. Marth, Roy, etc.

Fire emblem is a thing in Japan unlike Disaster day of crisis.

The series just wasn't suited for US release until SSBM sparked interest.

Next Smash should remove Zelda, take most of her moveset and convert them into the Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir character.

I will say it again: Monolithsoft representation up in this shit. I will blow dicks for a sticker, at least (or whatever new "things" the game has). Just put some Baten Kaitos stuff in the game, Sakurai! Thanks <3

I will say it again: Monolithsoft representation up in this shit. I will blow dicks for a sticker, at least (or whatever new "things" the game has). Just put some Baten Kaitos stuff in the game, Sakurai! Thanks <3

Huh, I never though about that.

I guess I can add Haken Browning to my list of obscure characters that I want but will never make it into Smash 4!

Thores

Pretty sure the Baten Kaitos franchise is still owned by Namco Bandai, so that's pretty unlikely. Xenoblade and (I think) Soma Bringer stuff are fair game, though!

NeonZ

Actually it's much more likely a character from Advanced Wars would get Snake's moveset if he were to be cut.

I hope that if an AW character makes it in, he gets a moveset mostly based on summoning troops, not just generic action stuff. What would even be the point?

JazzmanZ

I brought up in a previous post as to whether this news will have any impact in regards to Snake returning for Smash 4.

It all really depends on if Kojima wants to or not.

The only third party I expect from SSB4 is a capcom one and maybe a square one if we're lucky.

So no one has any comments on Snake being practically confirmed for Playstation All-Stars?

We've talking about it the last entire page. -_-

Xenoblade and (I think) Soma Bringer stuff are fair game, though!

I'd love to see the Magical-series (Vacation and Starsign) to pop up in some form. Doesn't even have to be a character, but I'd be all over a stage with rotating planets, where the stage hazard or layout or whatever are decided by which planets are in alignment with their respective "quadrant", just like in Magical Starsign.

I hope that if an AW character makes it in, he gets a moveset mostly based on summoning troops, not just generic action stuff. What would even be the point?

I agree, that would be the best case scenario. I meant, however, that the scenario of an AW character taking Snake's moveset and Snake being cut would make more sense than Ray from Disaster taking it.

Give his moveset to Anthony Higgs.

And this should be his taunt.

As long as I get Ridley and this guy isn't taking his spot, I am OK with that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well they'll never have a bit with the Colonel talking about flying around by farting so Brawl Snake will definitely be better than Sony All Star Snake.

GamerSoul

Actually it's much more likely a character from Advanced Wars would get Snake's moveset if he were to be cut.

I remember discussing this awhile back. An Advance Wars character could easily fit the mold of a moveset like Snake's. I wouldn't mind it at all. I think the character was Sami or even I guess Andy.

Give his moveset to Anthony Higgs.

lol. He would make a great AT atleast with his plasma canon weapon. He would be a nice suprise.

So no one has any comments on Snake being practically confirmed for Playstation All-Stars?

I think Snake could be on both, he would probably keep his moveset and the Playstation game will get something else. It really depends on how Sakurai feels about it but I wouldn't really feel bad if Snake isn't in.

GamerSoul

So he'll most likely play with a different style which will differentiate the two Snakes if it were to come to that.

Looking up some smash stuff, I randomly found some japanese fansite where they are compiling their own predictions I would assume. It's all in japanese and even translated it is hard to understand but it's interesting nonetheless.

http://ikusaba.client.jp/character/index.htm

Looking up some smash stuff, I randomly found some japanese fansite where they are compiling their own predictions I would assume. It's all in japanese and even translated it is hard to understand but it's interesting nonetheless.

The blue section are newcomers, the green section I presume are ATs (it's tagged NPCs), and the red section are veterans.
Not sure if that is prediction or just wet-dreaming tho.

Snakey

So he'll most likely play with a different style which will differentiate the two Snakes if it were to come to that.

http://ikusaba.client.jp/character/index.htm

Its not "their". Its the predictions of a single person. Its simply a fan artist who likes making art of possible trophies for Smash 4. Its absolutely not a reliable indicator of Japanese opinions for Smash 4 (this person sees Diddy Kong as more likely to return than Fox).

Some of the art is good, but other than that there is nothing much else to that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom