• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of DK stuff
King K Rool really has everything, character, his own stage, weapons and music

how hes not in is still :/

his ship would be the best stage, all the kremlings can watch and throw cannon balls, have the bird boss come by and throw shit every now and then.

KevinCow

Banned
I mean if we see another nondescript cavern with rising and falling lava representing Metroid, or another set of wooden platforms in a jungle over a raging river representing Donkey Kong, I'm going to definitely be somewhat annoyed.

And I'm still extremely bitter about the fact that DKC2 only got one song in Brawl's entire soundtrack.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Even the Bongos played Jungle Swing theme. Didn't even finish with "DON-KEY KON-GA HUH!" How disappointing.

SmithnCo

I mean if we see another nondescript cavern with rising and falling lava representing Metroid, or another set of wooden platforms in a jungle over a raging river representing Donkey Kong, I'm going to definitely be somewhat annoyed.

And I'm still extremely bitter about the fact that DKC2 only got one song in Brawl's entire soundtrack.

Sakurai should make the Metroid level be the fire room where you fight Ridley in Other M, complete with rising lava and a player-sized Ridley flying in the background for no reason other than to taunt people.

But still a more significant contribution than Geno.
Excellent.

speaking of DK stuff
King K Rool really has everything, character, his own stage, weapons and music
how hes not in is still :/

his ship would be the best stage, all the kremlings can watch and throw cannon balls, have the bird boss come by and throw shit every now and then.
Gangplank Galleon should be in the running for a DK stage, but we still don't have a Bowser Castle or airship, i'll give Bowser his deserved stage for villainy first, Ideally both will be in the next game.

K.Rool himself is such a goldmine for a moveset, plus I really want to see a modified version of his design, the poor guy has been trapped in nineties renders for too long and Paon's take on his design was pretty shit to put it bluntly.

Metroid needs an exterior stage, so instead we'll get Other M holographic trickery interiors.
Or somehow they'll put rising lava in Phendrana Drifts, Magmoor caverns was overflowing guys!

I'm still confused as to the fact that there was a DK barrel blast/jet race song in Brawl of all things and as someone who has suffered that game it wasn't even one of the better pieces of music in the game.

Even the Bongos played Jungle Swing theme. Didn't even finish with "DON-KEY KON-GA HUH!" How disappointing.
Never thought about this until now, what a missed opportunity, and a crappy final smash for that matter.

I have an idea for a stage based off of Metroid Fusion.

It could be called "Sector X" and could be an amalgomation of all of the themed sectors from the game, constantly shifting to throw players off guard. One minute it could be cold and icy, causing players to slip around, before suddenly changing to a water-based level and submerging the bottom of some platforms, etc. Occasionally Nightmare would pop up in the background and screw with the gravity, further messing with the competitors. Finally, SA-X could act kind of like the Ultimate Chimera from New Pork City; showing up and blasting anything that moves and forcing players to hide within the contours of the stage if they wish to survive. It could be accompanied by a remix of the game's kickin' boss music, which would drop out whenever SA-X arrived.

I think something like that would be totally cool.

I have an idea for a stage based off of Metroid Fusion.

It could be called "Sector X" and could be an amalgomation of all of the themed sectors from the game, constantly shifting to throw players off guard. One minute it could be cold and icy, causing players to slip around, before suddenly changing to a water-based level and submerging the bottom of some platforms, etc. Occasionally Nightmare would pop up in the background and screw with the gravity, further messing with the competitors. Finally, SA-X could act kind of like the Ultimate Chimera from New Pork City; showing up and blasting anything that moves and forcing players to hide within the contours of the stage if they wish to survive. It could be accompanied by a remix of the game's kickin' boss music, which would drop out whenever SA-X arrived.

I think something like that would be totally cool.

I was going to use a lesser version of this for a joke Other M stage (since sectors were among many things Other M swipes straight from fusion) but this is actually pretty good. It's not too dissimilar to Pokemon stadium so it could be done.

And your mention of Water makes me want to see a stage that makes greater use of water, a gimmicky stage that makes it so my "times drowned" tally might actually reach 1 could be fun.

KevinCow

Banned
Sakurai should make the Metroid level be the fire room where you fight Ridley in Other M, complete with rising lava and a player-sized Ridley flying in the background for no reason other than to taunt people.

wiPos.png

Never thought about this until now, what a missed opportunity, and a crappy final smash for that matter.

He should've hopped on Rambi for his Final Smash. It's just so obvious.

And maybe while you're running around, tearing shit up as Rambi, Enguarde leaps up from the bottom of the screen and Squawks flies around and spits... whatever the hell he spits, I was never clear if it was supposed to be eggs or nuts or what.

Also obvious: Running attack should be his roll, side B should throw a barrel.

Still, as bad as Metroid and DK got it, I think we can agree that Wario got it the worst. Sakurai seemed to completely ignore that the Land series even existed. I like Wario's motorcycle, but come on, his side B should've been his charge dash. His down B also should've been his butt stomp, and they should've incorporated some of his transformations into his attacks.

Rafaelcsa

Still, as bad as Metroid and DK got it, I think we can agree that Wario got it the worst. Sakurai seemed to completely ignore that the Land series even existed. I like Wario's motorcycle, but come on, his side B should've been his charge dash. His down B also should've been his butt stomp, and they should've incorporated some of his transformations into his attacks.

Isn't Wario's side-smash the charge dash from the Land series?

Aside from that, I agree with you. Hopefully in the next game we'll get a Wario Land themed stage and music. But I hope Sakurai doesn't do away with a WarioWare stage though, since it's one of my favorites on Brawl.

cednym

Banned

It is. A lot of people act like it isn't in the game because it's not an exact interpretation of the Wario Land version, but neither are a lot of the other characters' moves. It's clearly meant to be his Wario Land shoulder tackle. His down throw animation is also inspired by his Wario Land butt drop, and obviously his crawling is taken from Wario Land, too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I actually thought Wario as a character very represented. I think it's more to people wanting to forget Microgames existed rather than Wario Land.

Also why are people having trouble with ZSS? She's pretty fun - a lot o fher attacks actually have good knockback and her stun attacks make nice setups.

N64 Samus was my best character. Dat spike; the resident Kirby player and I would have battles revolving around spiking each other. It was epic. She was also a great troll character; spamming screw attack, morph balls, and the charge beam was great for triggering rage. Even though she was at the bottom of the tier list, I still did very well; the only person I knew who I couldn't 50/50 was a Pikachu player and the best Smash player on the floor.

Melee and especially Brawl, I only play Samus if I want to get my ass beaten down.

SmithnCo

Aside from that, I agree with you. Hopefully in the next game we'll get a Wario Land themed stage and music. But I hope Sakurai doesn't do away with a WarioWare stage though, since it's one of my favorites on Brawl.

Definitely should be a Wario Land Shake-It stage or something in there, with Captain Syrup cameo and whatnot. The lack of Wario Land music was also pretty lame in Brawl, considering that game had so much music.

I can see why they decided to focus on microgames though, it's a pretty new series even though the character isn't, and it allowed for a very unique stage.

Boss Doggie

Speaking of Wario, who wants characters with alt outfits that are hopefully not DLC? And no, by alt outfits I mean actually changing the costume but not the character model. Like say, sportswear Peach, Fusion-style suit Samus, manga-style Pikachu, Mr. Game and Watch with face, topless Wolf, and the like?

I can't think of an alt outfit for Mario though.

Thores

Speaking of Wario, who wants characters with alt outfits that are hopefully not DLC? And no, by alt outfits I mean actually changing the costume but not the character model. Like say, sportswear Peach, Fusion-style suit Samus, manga-style Pikachu, Mr. Game and Watch with face, topless Wolf, and the like?

Dr. Mario?

And I would love this. Wouldn't hold my breath for a feature like that not being DLC, though.

Boss Doggie

Ahh right Dr. Mario. Knowing Smash fans though they view Dr. Mario is another character rather than Mario wearing a doctor's coat so they'll petition for certain characters being turned into alt costumes.

Sickening.

Anth0ny

Forget DLC, they'll release NFC toys (trophies) that unlock alternate costumes.

Fou-Lu

I mained Sheik back for Melee. After Sakurai nerfed her; ZSS was the closest alternative. I thought she was one of the better character additions.

I agree completely, had Sheik as my main as well and the easiest transition was ZSS. I might have gone insane without being able to go ninja style properly.

The various Links (OoT vs TP vs SS), Toon Ganondorf, Samus's various suits, the various Foxes (SF64 vs Adventures vs Assault), MGS1 Snake vs. MGS2 Snake (mullets!), Classic Sonic (who is also completely mute, using the appropriate sound effects instead of voice clips for dying and his Super transformation)... I like this idea.

Love how noone caught that one. =P
Wouldn't mind it tho...

Alt outfits for Mario - Dr. Mario, Tanooki suit (or just ears/tail), or Bee Suit come to mind.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As long as the alternative costumes are alternative to other colours otherwise they would be pointless. Peach and sportswear Peach both wear Pink so I doubt that would be implemented. You're better off asking for Nurse Peach.

Metroid, some day, will have both a playable Ridley and a Phendrana stage. And it'll be a good day.

Kokonoe

Banned
Zero Suit Samus doesn't come close to replacing Sheik and they're two different styles.

Not having Sheik would be a let down for me personally.

Triton55

I'd love a Phendrana stage, but I fear that its "time" may have passed. Maybe not thematically suited for fighting but I still want it.
Also, I wonder why this thread isn't in community (yet)?

NEW TWITTER LEAK GUYS
K0nzz.jpg

Boy was he fast to respond! Not too sure but I think this may have been his attempt at a 'yes'. It's hard to tell when it comes to these language barriers though... Thoughts?

yes I actually did tweet that since I may as well see how likely it is Sakurai actually responds to non-Japanese speakers and what his reaction would be beyond "???"

I've already made something like 3 different fan rosters and discussed the logistics behind having a giant space pterodactyl in this game since Brawl was announced in '06. If you have a better way the next week leading up to E3 than making half-assed photoshops of fake tweets and ignoring work and university deadlines, I'd love to hear it.

Also assuming that twitter confirmation turned out to be fake since nobody's discussing it now? I didn't get anytime until now to do something on it. :(

Kokonoe

Banned
I've already made something like 3 different fan rosters and discussed the logistics behind having a giant space pterodactyl in this game since Brawl was announced in '06. If you have a better way the next week leading up to E3 than making half-assed photoshops of fake tweets and ignoring work and university deadlines, I'd love to hear it.

Also assuming that twitter confirmation turned out to be fake since nobody's discussing it now? I didn't get anytime until now to do something on it. :(

The help you need I cannot give.

Soon after Brawl's release, I was making my own fake rosters. I just stumbled over it on my photobucket, so I'm gonna share it with you. Mind you, that was in 2008, otherwise Shulk or Palutena definitely would've made that roster - although I did expect Gen 5 to come out between Brawl and SSB4. Sooooo, don't mind if I do. There's a 50 character version as well (i.e. one column less).
I think I also had some notes going with either of them, for instance that if there were a new FE, Ike or Roy would be replaced with the new lord, or that Mewtwo might come back instead of Lucario or the 5th Gen Pokemon, or which other "non-mainstream" characters would appear other than Lip, Ray, etc.

selection.png

Boss Doggie

Am I the only one who wants a Rolling Western stage? You fight in a western town then Grocks appear and invade, and towers are there to shoot them off.

GamerSoul

Soon after Brawl's release, I was making my own fake rosters. I just stumbled over it on my photobucket, so I'm gonna share it with you. Mind you, that was in 2008, otherwise Shulk or Palutena definitely would've made that roster - although I did expect Gen 5 to come out between Brawl and SSB4. Sooooo, don't mind if I do. There's a 50 character version as well (i.e. one column less).
I think I also had some notes going with either of them, for instance that if there were a new FE, Ike or Roy would be replaced with the new lord, or that Mewtwo might come back instead of Lucario or the 5th Gen Pokemon, or which other "non-mainstream" characters would appear other than Lip, Ray, etc.

selection.png

Syrup, Ray MK II, Bowser Jr, Isaac, Little Mac Not bad at all. I don't understand the Unknown (I get it now lol) and Tingle pick at all but overall it looks like a good roster choice back in 08.

And I'm pretty everyone would do their best to buy anything Smash related in the future, no matter how random.

Syrup, Ray MK II, Bowser Jr, Isaac, Little Mac Not bad at all. I don't understand the Unknown (I get it now lol) and Tingle pick at all but overall it looks like a good roster choice back in 08.

Tingle, at least in '08, was considered being the most likely Zelda pick to be added to the game - Vaati, Zant, Midna and the likes had been brought up, but I always thought that these characters were too insignificant to the series, while Tingle not only appeared in almost all games since Majora's Mask, but also got his own spin-off game (and recently made another appearance in some new game, it was linked in here, but I forgot the title).

Add to this that I have nothing against Tingle's flamboyancy, so I'm not just hating on him cause he's "such a gay character" (herpderp). As a matter of fact, I am not even offended by the flamboyancy, because Tingle proves even flamboyant men can be attracted to women (and Tingle is actually quite the ladies man if you check his own game and that new one he is featured in), so I'm not insulted about heavy stereotyping (which he luckily isn't - although it is perceived like that in the US).

GamerSoul

I gotcha, he was a more likely candidate back then. I dont think that's the case anymore. Ghirahim and Impa are the two i'd put over him because of their importance to the series, Impa being the Zelda's protector over the timeline and ghirahim playing a prominant role in SS, which is the first Zelda game story wise. I'm not a fan of Tingle but he is a unique character so ill give him that.

I wonder why lip's popularity has dwindled over time. I never hear about her anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom