• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mit-

1% more excited about Wii U Smash now that you can play it with a controller heavily derivative of the best controller ever.

Or hopefully/presumably.

I like the ergonomics of the 360 pad more than any controller ever, however, the stick placement is disappointing...

I've been wanting that stick placement for shooters for years, however, it kind of sucks for everything that isn't a first person game. Camera control takes a backseat to face buttons in every genre that isn't a shooter or first person game.

It doesn't seem like that big of a deal on the WiiU gamepad. The side of the controller is huge. Shifting your hand down to touch buttons instead of the joystick doesn't appear to be as big of an issue, whereas the ergonomics of the Pro controller focus on where the right analog stick now is.

It's probably not a big deal for casual players, but high level Smash play involves all manner of fancy fingerwork, and doing so with the buttons in that lower position would not be nearly as intuitive.

As long as it doesn't lag or anything, I'll be going with the Wii Remote + Classic Pro for now I think. That also has shoulder buttons instead of triggers, which is better for Smash.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Honestly, Sakurai's interview killed my hype for SSB4 for this year, so I don't expect any SSB4 at this e3. NOTHING, NOTHING, JUST NOTHING!

Mit-

I don't expect anything either. What could he possibly show off with approximately 5-6 months of development time? Hell, has he even finished assembling his development team for the game yet?

One of my own personal dreams would be a character or stage related to Magical Starsign. Replaying that one currently. Such a charming and good game!

Galang

Banned
I'm surprised people are actually petitioning for the action figure in the new smash game... I won't mind if he actually is from a game, but otherwise I don't really support this. Petitions rarely work, but if this does then I'll wish people had did this for actual characters instead -_-'.

It would be kind of a slap in the face to have this character over so many other Nintendo characters that are so deserving. There's still many franchises unrepresented, so I wouldn't be alright if a character based on an action figure got in and someone significant did not. Even though there's not that many extremely significant characters left... if there's a new joke character this time too, then I rather have the character at least have had a more prominent role.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm surprised people are actually petitioning for the action figure in the new smash game... I won't mind if he actually is from a game, but otherwise I don't really support this. Petitions rarely work, but if this does then I'll wish people had did this for actual characters instead -_-'.

They are? I just thought it was a joke. Wario Ware is the most likely series that character will ever appear in.

If you're lucky you might get it as a new colour scheme for Captain Falcon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If magic happens and Monster Hunter gets a rep, which one do you think would it be? A monster (lol too big), a hunter or a Felyne?

cednym

Banned
Sakurai has been tweeting pictures of posable Microman action figures, so it looks like he's still in the process of planning out the characters' move sets.

fT6vw.jpg

"Likely to be required for work soon."

Anth0ny

Sakurai has been tweeting pictures of posable Microman action figures, so it looks like he's still in the process of planning out the characters' move sets.

fT6vw.jpg

"Likely to be required for work soon."

I KNOW THAT POSE

That's Captain Falcon's grab.

PK Gaming

So we didn't get jack shit. It was to be expected considering Sakurai had just finished working on Kid Icarus, and probably wanted a moments reprieve...

Still it stings. I desperately wanted this game to be at E3... a teaser trailer even.

GamerSoul

Yea he deserved a a little break. It's not like he's just making the same Mario game over and over again lol. I kid. If I remember correctly the original Brawl trailer wasn't at the conference either, but again expecting anything more than a couple of interviews at this point is a bit farfetched even if it could help Nintendo's cause.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So we didn't get jack shit. It was to be expected considering Sakurai had just finished working on Kid Icarus, and probably wanted a moments reprieve...

Still it stings. I desperately wanted this game to be at E3... a teaser trailer even.

Nintendo's showing hasn't finished yet, but everyone logically guessed we wouldn't get anything.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo's Wii U showing has ended. Tomorrow is supposedly the 3DS showing, and I doubt they would waste a Smash announcement then.

Told you guys not to expect anything!

You're acting like games have been revealed post conference. I have no hopes for a showing, but theoretically the chance is still there.

So with Takamaru having a section in Nintendo Land, as well as his recent guest appearance in Samurai Warriors and already being a popular character request from Japanese players, what do you think the odds are of Takamaru being a newcomer in Smash?

SmithnCo

So with Takamaru having a section in Nintendo Land, as well as his recent guest appearance in Samurai Warriors and already being a popular character request from Japanese players, what do you think the odds are of Takamaru being a newcomer in Smash?

This was one of the only interesting things to me about Nintendo Land, haha. When I saw that, I knew there would be some Takamaru speculation. He seems like the top candidate for the "retro slot" as it were.

Also, the chances for Paper Mario (the 3DS game) and Toad (NSMB U) have gone up significantly, and I'd put them around the same level as Bowser Jr. in terms of likelihood (i.e. if a or more new Mario character(s) gets included, it's one of them).

Takamaru, I'm actually not sure. The reference in Nintendo Land seems like a "hint", but honestly, Takamaru doesn't even appear in that minigame, it's just his name. Though he definitely is among the hot contenders for the oddball/retro characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom