• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That The Wizard thread made me wish this happened

lucas2.jpg

Oh wait there we go, clone talk now.
Hey, guys, guys. Mario is a shotoclone. Don't believe me? Here's the evidence.

Melee_Fireball_Mario_Attack.png

Hadouken!

200px-SuperJumpPunch.jpg

Shoryuken!

MarioTornadoMelee.png

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku!

Mariofinale.jpg

Shinkuu... Hadouken!

See? Clearly they all share the same moves and everything. Mario a Ryu clone confirmed.

Don't even bother telling me about the glaring differences here, since I'm not being even remotely serious

Haha and they both have brown hair and red headgear!

As a matter of fact, Samus is a Link clone! Don't believe me? Here's the evidence:
B: Chargeable Projectile
Side-B: Another projectile that can alter direction if wanted
Down-B: A bomb that is capable of elevating them
Up-B: A spin attack
Both of their Down Aerials spike... And they both have a tether grab!

GamerSoul

Though now that they have pretty much all the bases covered, all the major characters from all the major series, I do hope that they focus more on new series characters next time. Add Ridley, a second Kid Icarus character - Palutena, Medusa, or Hades, you can make a good argument for all three - and maybe do the Ganondorf/Black Shadow switch so that F-Zero isn't the only Smash 64 series without a second rep anymore. I mean even Earthbound has a second rep, come on. But beyond that, I hope the rest of the newcomers are new series characters.

Some people like to say that Nintendo's used up all the worthwhile characters, but there are really a ton of possibilities.

Little Mac
Isa
Isaac
Jill
Takamaru
Mike Jones
Sukapon
Shulk
Dillon
Pious Augustus
Chibi Robo
Someone for Advance Wars
Someone from Project P-100
The new Retro and Miyamoto characters, if the rumors are true
Excitebot

Just choose a bunch of those. That would be exciting. But I won't get my hopes up.

I don't want to get my hopes up either, but DA POSSIBILTIEZ MAN. :/

Hey, guys, guys. Mario is a shotoclone. Don't believe me? Here's the evidence.
I know your post is a joke, but I was always pretty certain that Mario was built as a kind of homage to Street Fighter. They're both the main character / ordinary guy. I've also always found it weird that Mario doesn't have a move that lets him butt stomp or jump on people's heads. It would be neat if his down-B made a block appear that he could crack that would give him a random Mario item that influences his moveset until you get another one.

Boss Doggie

Heh, speaking of Brawl, anyone remember that little nugget Leon says in one of the special taunts? (reads from left to right)

1p57c2.jpg
2hnukg.jpg
3zo7wx.jpg

44d7if.jpg
5z9u3h.jpg
6efuui.jpg

7bwubi.jpg
8hj7n5.jpg
9deux3.jpg

I'm surprised it managed to get through.

I'm surprised that this thread is somehow still alive. I think it's pretty obvious where to go with Smash, but I still think Sakurai is the last person to do it. He doesn't seem to understand what the point of Smash is, he's basically becoming just like Capcom was with MvC3 and it's incredibly sad. He cuts too many corners to save time or budget and it's a shame since this should be the one game where Nintendo should put all of it's effort into it just because of what it is.

What in the hell are you talking about? This is aimed at all your posts in this thread. :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isn't it strange that the Wind Waker level in Brawl is cellshaded, yet Toon Link isn't?

Characters seem to be in the Smash Universe so they all have a similar style. The stages themselves seem to be in their own universe so they reflect the style of those games. Mushroom Kingdom and Yoshi's Story showed this off before the Pirate Ship stage.

Boss Doggie

I wonder how Melee fans would feel now that Wii U won't support GC Controller.

Also, I find it hilarious that they hate Sakurai so much, yet the very stuff that they enjoy in Melee are pretty much made by him (and it's not even unintentional, from what I heard).

I wonder how Melee fans would feel now that Wii U won't support GC Controller.

Also, I find it hilarious that they hate Sakurai so much, yet the very stuff that they enjoy in Melee are pretty much made by him (and it's not even unintentional, from what I heard).
People just want a normal controller, doesn't have to be GC's.

And Sakurai did plenty of good in Melee, plenty of good in Brawl, and plenty of bad in Brawl. Just because he's done some good stuff doesn't mean he can't be criticised for his worst choices.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People want a normal controller for a second analogue stick. How else can you annoy your friends by pivoting all the menus around?

Boss Doggie

Oh I'm not saying he shouldn't be criticized (like tripping), but stuff like fans creating terms like "Sakurai's angle" is really hilarious and sad.

And I'm pretty sure I can mess the menu with the Wii remote.

PokéKong

See? Clearly they all share the same moves and everything. Mario a Ryu clone confirmed.

Don't even bother telling me about the glaring differences here, since I'm not being even remotely serious

In all seriousness I've honestly found him to have similarities to Kyo Kusanagi from King of Fighters. Kyo's abilities are fire-based, his main QCF-Punch move is a forward punch with a flaming explosion at the end very similar to Mario's forward smash, Kyo's Hard-Punch+Hard-Kick strike is a shoulder thrust which looks similar to Mario's Up-Smash, and Mario's final smash is equivalent to Kyo's QCB-HCF-Punch hyper move.

Nickoten

Neo Member
Mario's Ken, Luigi's Ryu. The difference between their down B is a pretty good indication besides the obvious aesthetic similarities. Edit: Pre-Brawl.

What are you all blabbering about, street fighter? there's no similarities between this series and that.
By the way I hear SSB4 adds EVIL Mario, Dry Bowser and Kat & Ana as separate characters and nothing else.

What would be Powerglove Lucas's moves anyway?

Lucas Barton

0.jpg

B: Power Punch (Thrusts the Power Glove forwards with the strength to move mountains)

Side B: Rad Racer (Uses his Power Glove to summon a car that drives horizontally across the screen a la the Advance Wars Assist Trophy)

Down B: Power Connection (Temporarily takes control of your character using the Power Glove)

Up B: Power Upper (Delivers a leaping uppercut with the Power Glove)

Final Smash: It's So Bad (Unleashes a burst of smug energy from the Power Glove that KOs enemies in the vicinity)

Richie

Cubed3 Interview with Sakurai: He's 'doing his best' to bring back old characters back to Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS

Sakurai-san: I am planning on doing my best to bring old characters back in Smash Bros. From that perspective, I am probably in the most fortunate position in the world.

Can you say Takamaru?
As someone whose pipe dream is to work on the Super Smash Bros series someday, his second statement is...yes, you are, Sakurai.

Source; includes plenty on Kid Icarus Uprising.

GamerSoul

Glad to hear it if it's true! I'm also kinda happy that he knows the potential he has to bring back a lot of classic characters that could gain popularity again. I'll read the article later. kinda busy.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if this means no more cutting.

Unfortunately, he meant by old characters from old games that don't have any sequels lately. I would love to see him spoil one thing for us. number of characters that would be removed from the 4th game.

Adam Riley: You have mentioned how you like to breathe new life into forgotten franchises. Now that Kid Icarus has been completed, what other old classic would you like to look at? Ice Climbers, Star Tropics, MoleMania…or something non-Nintendo?

Sakurai-san: I am planning on doing my best to bring old characters back in Smash Bros. From that perspective, I am probably in the most fortunate position in the world.

KevinCow

Banned
What is the context of these points and rankings? It's clearly a vote of some sort, but who's voting and what are they voting for? As great as Uprising was, I find it hard to believe that Pit would come in #1 in a Best Nintendo Character poll.

Metal B

What is the context of these points and rankings? It's clearly a vote of some sort, but who's voting and what are they voting for? As great as Uprising was, I find it hard to believe that Pit would come in #1 in a Best Nintendo Character poll.

I find it hard to believe that Sonic is a Nintendo Character =)

KevinCow

Banned
I find it hard to believe that Sonic is a Nintendo Character =)

That just makes it even weirder. Pit would be even less likely to win a Best Character Ever list. I especially doubt such a vote would be almost entirely Nintendo characters.

Best characters on a Nintendo system? I still don't think that looks right. It still puts Pit above characters like Mario, Link, and Pikachu.

Best characters in 3DS games? That would explain why the other Uprising characters are so high, but you got Kirby and Pikachu on there, they haven't had 3DS games yet. Plus Ike and Marth. And they're using Skyward Sword Link and Zelda.

Characters you most want in Smash 4? Still doesn't make sense. Why would everyone be voting for characters like Link and Mario and Pikachu when there is literally no chance that they won't make it in?

And I don't even know who the characters directly above and below Sonic are.

Isn't there someone on this board who can read Japanese and tell us what it says? This shit's hurting my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom