• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murrah

Banned
Does Kirby wear shoes or are those just his feet. And if he were real would he be fuzzy or feel like a dolphin

My answer hinges on these questions

Murrah

Banned
But Shadowhog, to figure out where we're going we must know where we've been

I definitely agree on the shoes part. However, this past Christmas for secret santa I had a big Kirby fan so I commissioned a hollow paper mache Kirby that I could put Return to Dreamland and Mass Attack inside of. And after much deliberation the artists and I agreed that if Kirby existed he should be soft and fluffy, not rubbery. Stil a bit stretchy though. Everything just makes more sense that way. However, until the day we get official confirmation:

Shoes and fluffy means I would lick Kirby's feet

Leathery Kirby would make me go with Toon Link he seems like he'd taste like taffy

I'll preemptively answer the inevitable followup question of who would you most want to eat with the answer of Pit for fried angel wings. Preferably the Pit that has blue wings

SmithnCo

Why are Yoshis born with shoes. Are those their actual feet? Like some kind of bizarre hoof that looks like a shoe?

What I'm saying is I'd lick Yoshi's feet.

Murrah

Banned
The shoes don't bother me as much as the saddles. It's a bleak and desolate metaphor about how all of us are born into a life of servitude and can never escape it, not even the footloose and fancy free Yoshis

Kjellson

What would be the best wtf character in the next Smash Bros. game?

If Sakurai added a generic Nintendog in the roster and made the whole Smashboards explode of anger I would probably frame a picture of him on the wall for coming up with such an evil mastermind idea.

What would be the best wtf character in the next Smash Bros. game?

New third-party challenger: Goliad

S4e10_intro_goliad_the_candysphinx.png

She's in Adventure Time 3DS.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sounds like Athlete's Foot.

I wonder if the characters get them from all that fighting without changing their clothes.

GamerSoul

wat. The only character I can picture having athlete's foot is Falcon. Dude moves way too much and exaggerates all his motions.

we.need.info. :l

GamerSoul

Do you guys think there is any way they could improve the overall gameplay mechanics over than changing the physics? When you think about it, Sakurai has really put a lot of work on the little technical aspects that you would find in any fighter.

Kokonoe

Banned
I do have to say, if they ever give Ganondorf a final smash where he turns into (OOT)
Ganon from Ocarina of Time
, that would be one of the best things ever.

I'm not that fussed since I think they'd probably break up the flow of regular matches anyway, but they could always try and make Final Smashes work like traditional fighting game Super's and heavily fine-tune and balance them as a result.

I do have to say, if they ever give Ganondorf a final smash where he turns into (OOT)
Ganon from Ocarina of Time
, that would be one of the best things ever.

But then that's too similar to Bowser's Giga Bowser transformation, and then you'll have people complaining about unoriginality and landmasters and ohgodshutthefuckupfanbase

Kokonoe

Banned
But then that's too similar to Bowser's Giga Bowser transformation, and then you'll have people complaining about unoriginality and landmasters and ohgodshutthefuckupfanbase

When they see how awesome it is in game, they will finally be enlightened. However, they'll probably still buy the game anyway just like everyone does with Pokemon.

GamerSoul

I'm not that fussed since I think they'd probably break up the flow of regular matches anyway, but they could always try and make Final Smashes work like traditional fighting game Super's and heavily fine-tune and balance them as a result.

True I agree. In their current state, Final Smashes are just very unbalanced even in a free for all environment. I mean if your main priority in a match becomes to keep Sonic from the Smash Ball then there might be a flaw.

Man, that would be a preety epic sight to see though. They should throw in a Giga Mario who can destroy the whole stage expact the basic platforms.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Final Smashes are meant to be personal hammers anyway. Unlilke SOME party brawler they're complete optional.

True I agree. In their current state, Final Smashes are just very unbalanced even in a free for all environment. I mean if your main priority in a match becomes to keep Sonic from the Smash Ball then there might be a flaw.

4dd24bddc57332af40f1eb06281dff69.gif

Final Smashes are meant to be personal hammers anyway. Unlilke SOME party brawler they're complete optional.

tumblr_lt86wiHcvG1qii6tmo1_250.gif

I'd prefer the next Smash to play more like Smash 64 to be honest. Game is too good..

totowhoa

Banned
Wow, there is some weird shit going on this thread >_> It's a good thing you all are quarantined here in community!
Better remember to unsubscribe after posting

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I find it ridiculous that in an article that brings up TONS of Namco characters, it manages to forget the only two who are likely to be included: Pac-Man and Dig Dug. Very stupid.

I would be fine with Pac-Man, Dig Dug or Llyod. I don't think I am interested to see Tekken characters in SSB.

I am very reasonable with Third Party, at long it represented their history with Nintendo, such as
Bomberman and Mega Man.

I thought 64 has the best speed, oomph on attacks, and fun.

That's how I feel. There wasn't enough hitstun in Melee and the camera sucked. Brawl was too floaty, slow and simple.

Smash 64 though? Yes please. I think it's a great balance between Melee and Brawl with tons of extensive combos.

up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt

lol exaggeration - Not how it plays out competitively unless you're playing against Kirby nerds.

Just one example of some badass and realistically performable combos. - You simply can't do these kinda combos in Melee or Brawl.

Anth0ny

That's how I feel. There wasn't enough hitstun in Melee and the camera sucked. Brawl was too floaty, slow and simple.

Smash 64 though? Yes please. I think it's a great balance between Melee and Brawl with tons of extensive combos.

up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt up tilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom