• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéKong

Considering the amount of talent contributing to the soundtrack, Brawl's music was highly disappointing. Nowhere near the amount of memorable tracks that from Melee. Maybe having so many contributors led to too much inconsistency, and this time they should just have one big orchestra do the majority of the music.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
PokéKong;33256135 said:
Considering the amount of talent contributing to the soundtrack, Brawl's music was highly disappointing. Nowhere near the amount of memorable tracks that from Melee. Maybe having so many contributors led to too much inconsistency, and this time they should just have one big orchestra do the majority of the music.

Yeah, I find it hilarious that among the Star Fox music, the best is still from Assault.

Differences were too minor for me to give a shit. Make these terrible "characters" alt costumes or don't bother with this Capcom bullshit.

If you're referring to Melee-era clones, sure. But Brawl-era "clones" are very different.

Emitan

I'll just dodge it.

Suqrc.png

Boss Doggie

Hey, hey, hey, you know what 3rd party character would work?

Digimon!

Not that yellow dinosaur though. I'm talking about the badass red dragon digimon who can shout, he's the Dovakhiin before Bethesda made Skyrim!

Digimon!

Not that yellow dinosaur though. I'm talking about the badass red dragon digimon who can shout, he's the Dovakhiin before Bethesda made Skyrim!

Remember that really assy Digimon SSB clone on the PS1? What a waste of potential that game was...

Digimon!

Shoutmon is just a jobber. You want a Digimon rep, you go with the face of the company.

7Wzki.jpg

Problem?
Remember that really assy Digimon SSB clone on the PS1? What a waste of potential that game was...

Ugh, don't remind me.

Boss Doggie

That was on PS2. The one on PSX isn't a Smash clone.

Shoutmon is just a jobber. You want a Digimon rep, you go with the face of the company.

7Wzki.jpg

Problem?

Guess who's the new face of the company.

Also if you're gonna argue about that, Savers Agumon isn't the Agumon. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So uh...

Pokemon game using the Smash engine.

649 playable characters.

Every place in the five regions as a stage.

TMs replacing Pokeballs. Items being items.

ZEFkq.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
...kinda want. Make it so evolution is possible during battle, and you've got something going.

Yeah. Or make it like Zelda/Sheik.

I mean hell, that reBurst crap is taking some creative liberties with the series. This doesn't have to be canon...

Plot would be all five evil organizations working together. Ghetsis fools them all and screws them over like Taboo. Giovanni is Ganon, etc.

JazzmanZ

So uh...

Pokemon game using the Smash engine.

649 playable characters.

Every place in the five regions as a stage.

TMs replacing Pokeballs. Items being items.

ZEFkq.gif

keep dreaming about the impossible!

If anything a 30 character pokemon fighter is viable, as long as the pokemon are iconic and have some sort of anatomy that allows the basic kick punch moves. (Meaning no Lugia or Reshirham playable)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's gonna have like 50 missile launchers and its legs are rockets

And it won't be able to move without tripping.

keep dreaming about the impossible!

If anything a 30 character pokemon fighter is viable, as long as the pokemon are iconic and have some sort of anatomy that allows the basic kick punch moves. (Meaning no Lugia or Reshirham playable)

Yeah, I sort of agree with that. I'd even be down for a gen-ly fighter that only gets updated for each gen. Like if they made one now and included a smattering of the Gen 5 Pokemon.

Something like:

1. Snivy
  2. Oshawott
  3. Tepig
  4. Victini
  5. Munna (could be like Ness)
  6. Woobat
  7. Drilbur
  8. Audino
  9. Timburr
  10. Tympole
  11. Sewaddle
  12. Venipede
  13. Cottonee
  14. Sandile
  15. Darumaka
  16. Scraggy
  17. Tirtouga
  18. Archen
  19. Zorua
  20. Frillish
  21. Elgyem
  22. Litwick
  23. Axew
  24. Cubchoo
  25. Mienfoo
  26. Druddigon (secret Digimon joke character?)
  27. Pawniard
  28. Deino
  29. Meloetta
  30. Genesect

And their evolutions (as alternate costumes? Sheik like double characters?) I tried to choose the bipedal ones.

Transfer save data from Black/White to unlock characters. Also expand on the RPG (sticker) system from Brawl. Heck make them use the stats from the save data...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Or maybe choose 6 from each generation. That could work out just as well. Then they could just add 6 when a new gen comes out and release it at full price (aka the Capcom strategy, hey-oh!)

Gen 1

1. Bulbasaur
  2. Charmander
  3. Squirtle
  4. Pikachu
  5. Meowth
  6. Mewtwo

Gen 2

1. Chikorita
  2. Cyndaquil
  3. Totodile
  4. Togepi
  5. Wobuffet
  6. Heracross

Gen 3

1. Treecko
  2. Torchic
  3. Mudkip
  4. Shroomish
  5. Roselia
  6. Deoxys
(lol I really don't know. Substitute the last three with your picks.)

Gen 4

1. Turtwig
  2. Chimchar
  3. Piplup
  4. Bidoof
  5. Gible
  6. Darkrai

Gen 5

1. Snivy
  2. Tepig
  3. Oshawott
  4. Victini
  5. Zorua
  6. Excadrill

In picking these I was mainly thinking about their possibilities as a fighter, as well as their recognizability and popularity. The starters are all must-haves, IMO.

JazzmanZ

I hope theres more Orchestra songs in this game, I'd love to hear a rendition of any song from the Yoshi series done that way.

Emitan

I hope theres more Orchestra songs in this game, I'd love to hear a rendition of any song from the Yoshi series done that way.

Yoshi's Island Athletic theme is begging for a jazz remix. It's been in my head for months, but I can't play or compose :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom