• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAtgS

Savers Agumon > Tai's Agumon. But if you're gonna be like that...

9a4QQ.jpg

#swag
Damn it now look at what you've done, you can't bring up 02's ending without a thread inevitably derailing into shipping wars! Its statistically impossible.

Tairei OTP

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
PokéKong;33256135 said:
Considering the amount of talent contributing to the soundtrack, Brawl's music was highly disappointing. Nowhere near the amount of memorable tracks that from Melee. Maybe having so many contributors led to too much inconsistency, and this time they should just have one big orchestra do the majority of the music.
Boring. Best thing about Brawl's soundtrack was that it didn't stick to one genre. Mario Bros or Mario Circuit wouldn't be anywhere as good if they were orchestral.

The name Smash Brothers X specifically implied it was a crossover.
Brawl is known as Dairantō Smash Brothers X in Japan. Also in a sense the series is already a crossover of Nintendo games.

Alrus

I don't get it. So they have...tops. You can't control tops. It's a show that's more luck based than Yu-Gi-Oh!?

Pfft there's no luck involved in Yu Gi Oh! You just have to believe in the heart of the cards!

Btw, Digimon evolutions make no sense and look stupid >.>

Dude, did a Digimon fan beat up your little brother or something? Stop being an asshole.

Stop talking about Digimon, you silly goose!

Uh oh, we've got a Pokemon fan here who's still living in the 2nd grade.

Joke's on you! I don't actually like Pokemon. :D

Well, I'm interested in trying whatever new game they release for 3DS, so that's not entirely true. I guess I don't really dislike them, either. I'm pretty apathetic, except where it comes to gameplay. I think there's a lot of potential, gameplay-wise. The same also holds true for Digimon, I suppose, but Digimon has other baggage that isn't worth going into, because it's Digimon.

And here I thought we were TF2 bros, and you understood me. ):

Oh well, I guess.

You're right, though. I was being an asshole. I apologize. I didn't really mean any of it. I was out of line!

We had an understanding because of our mutual hatred of the voting system in the server, and rightly so! And although you are quite often a grump, the "losing battle" comment was an attempt of a parody of your own quote from earlier.

Now back to action!

By Boney... do you mean from Mother 3? Because, I dunno, I'd actually be okay with that.

I'd prefer Laughing Dog.

And although you are quite often a grump, the "losing battle" comment was an attempt of a parody of your own quote from earlier.
Oh, I get it now. Derp. Yeah, I often forget that when I'm on the internet, I'm not always talking to my friends, so my sarcasm comes off as super-douchery. U:

Does no one else see the wondrous irony of bashing nostalgic childhood shows in a Smash Brothers thread? Of course it's going to be shit if you are just introduced to it as an adult. Lots of stuff that you watched/played are shit when watched through adult eyes, but the fans overlook it because it was a part of their childhood. Ever try to watch, say, DBZ or most other kid's shows objectively as an adult? Shit's rough. That's just the way childhood nostalgia works.

Digimon Tamers was pretty boss, though. It was like Evangelion for kids!

I hated it as a kid. And there are kid's shows I've been introduced to as an adult that I don't hate. I was being melodramatic jokey stupid with my comments earlier, and I don't actually think anyone is wrong for liking it, but my opinion is that it's fucking terrible. C'est la vie.

On the other hand, I loved TMNT as a kid. I tried to go back and watch it. That cartoon is one of the absolute worst I've ever seen. I still cherish those memories, but that doesn't mean I can't admit it's awful.

Mostly, it has nothing to do with Smash Bros. U:

MisterHero

Why would someone do that?

Of all the Digimon to mod into Brawl, ExVeemon?

REALLY?

Anyways, I want 1990 Cartoon Link to be in a Smash Bros. game

his trademark saying would be the best taunt ever

I hated it as a kid. And there are kid's shows I've been introduced to as an adult that I don't hate. I was being melodramatic jokey stupid with my comments earlier, and I don't actually think anyone is wrong for liking it, but my opinion is that it's fucking terrible. C'est la vie.

On the other hand, I loved TMNT as a kid. I tried to go back and watch it. That cartoon is one of the absolute worst I've ever seen. I still cherish those memories, but that doesn't mean I can't admit it's awful.

Mostly, it has nothing to do with Smash Bros. U:
Nah, the 2K3 cartoon and CG animated movie are worse and way less fun

Playing Smash-Up hammered that home. Smash Bros. without Sakurai or Nintendo

ZERO CHARISMA. The classic cartoon Turtles have all the charisma

Nah, the 2K3 cartoon and CG animated movie are worse and way less fun

Playing Smash-Up hammered that home. Smash Bros. without Sakurai or Nintendo

ZERO CHARISMA. The classic cartoon Turtles have all the charisma

I really just don't even agree at all. The old TMNT is sooooo bad. So bad. SO BAD.

Firestorm

Does no one else see the wondrous irony of bashing nostalgic childhood shows in a Smash Brothers thread?
Oh shit. I didn't even realize I was in the Smash Brothers thread. I thought it was the Pokemon Community thread. I just must have randomly clicked some topic in my Subscription and saw the same posters as in there!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm just laughing at how people took the Digimon in Smash thing seriously.

But then I got serious because people think Digimon is trash. No sir, it's much better than your favorite show! Unless I can see another toyetic show that manages to focus more on development rather than showing that it's toyetic, Digimon is top.

Nah, the 2K3 cartoon

I can't comprehend this! TMNT 2k3 is the best thing that has happened in the franchise!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm just laughing at how people took the Digimon in Smash thing seriously.

But then I got serious because people think Digimon is trash. No sir, it's much better than your favorite show! Unless I can see another toyetic show that manages to focus more on development rather than showing that it's toyetic, Digimon is top.

Hrm, I would think the final season of Yu-Gi-Oh would cement it at the top of the hill for that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom