• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To avoid potential lawsuits developers ignore idea by fans. As a result I have just killed any possibility of that idea ever happening.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That's like 3 months. Or 84 days. It's still pretty far.

Yep

t1370970000z1.png

Late to comment but anyways, holy shit at the amount of people in that recent Smash thread asking for Snake to get cut.

I mean, why would you want that?

Late to comment but anyways, holy shit at the amount of people in that recent Smash thread asking for Snake to get cut.

Butthurt that he wasn't in Playstation Smash Bros.

I amazed at the fanboyism that series stirs up. I talked to a friend at work today and he told me that he would've accepted Twin Snakes as the definitive version of MGS1 if it had come out on PS2 instead of Gamecube. That's the only thing holding him back from enjoying the game. I have a feeling he's not alone in that sentiment, it's just easy to get people to put their foot in their mouth when they don't have time to perfectly plan out everything they want to say like online.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I want that Ghost Dog from Luigi's Mansion 2 to appear in some capacity, he's cute.

ENDING SPOILERS FOR LM2
The ending even implies he lives with Luigi now. At the very least I hope mainline Mario games bring him back

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Great. The game isn't even out yet in some countries and we're getting ending spoilers in this thread. At least it's black barred.

Azure J

Now we have 80 more days to go for first day of e3.

DO me a favor and remind people in thirty day intervals. That way I don't feel bad when I see 80 and remember when it was 90 and go "aw man, only 10 days have passed?" :lol

I'm really excited to see something from this franchise at E3. I want a trailer, but I'll definitely lower expectations to screens if Sakurai's hand issues are that persistent.

Less resources that go to Snake + Snake stage + Snake music + Snake everything else = more resources that go to more important people.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's funny how much of Snake's stage is basically useless. Unless you use cheats/hacks to view the whole stage you'd never see it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
DO me a favor and remind people in thirty day intervals. That way I don't feel bad when I see 80 and remember when it was 90 and go "aw man, only 10 days have passed?" :lol

I'm really excited to see something from this franchise at E3. I want a trailer, but I'll definitely lower expectations to screens if Sakurai's hand issues are that persistent.

Hahaha, alright. Well, do you think someone would make trailer for Sakurai, right? I don't have any high expectations but they really need to bring it on at e3 to convince people to buy Wii U against PS4 and 720

Azure J

Hahaha, alright. Well, do you think someone would make trailer for Sakurai, right? I don't have any high expectations but they really need to bring it on at e3 to convince people to buy Wii U against PS4 and 720

I mean I definitely believe in the trailer just because this all makes sense, but I learned a long long long time ago that Nintendo's sense of common sense is not equal to most folks.

I made a thread earlier asking how people thought Smash 4 would be unveiled, and some dude was convinced that Iwata's mentioning of Smash being at E3 in "image form" definitely meant "trailer" if you broke the Japanese down.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I made a thread earlier asking how people thought Smash 4 would be unveiled, and some dude was convinced that Iwata's mentioning of Smash being at E3 in "image form" definitely meant "trailer" if you broke the Japanese down.

I saw same answers in Nintendo Direct, other couple of threads and this thread if I recalled correctly couple of months ago.

Less resources that go to Snake + Snake stage + Snake music + Snake everything else = more resources that go to more important people.
It really likely doesn't.

If Sonic getting into Brawl is any indication, they'll make time if they really want a certain character in the game. If not, then it's probably a clone-like character which is harder to get upset over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You do realise that trailers are made up of moving images. The full part of that Iwata quote was 3D Mario U and Mario Kart U would be playable at the show and Smash will only appear in image form i.e not playable. This doesn't specify whether it will be a trailer or screenshots. It is more likely to be a trailer since that's the best way to show off games during the conference.

Didn't Sakurai also tweet to clarify what Iwata meant? I'm going purely off second-hand knowledge here but while I wouldn't put it completely past them considering last year's conference, it'd be pretty bizarre to just dedicate a couple minutes at E3 to HERE IS AN IMAGE OF SUPER SMASH BROS. U'S LOGO AND A SCREENSHOT OF MARIO AND LINK.

Thores

One or 1.5 months is probably both long enough that we'll all have time to assemble our lists, and short enough that the thread will stay consistently active until E3.

Ryce

He's not the most popular FE character, but he's a completely unique veteran so most people figure there's no real reason to cut him.

If they're to have 3 FE characters I'd like them to do something unique for one of them since just 3 sword-wielding lords isn't very interesting to me (But seeing what they did with the Star Fox characters in Brawl, is possible).

I would go with Marth, Ike, and Robin (for some magic) or Chrom &
Lucina
together (would have a gimmick that the others don't at least).

Tyeforce

Marth, Ike, and Chrom.
I would also choose these three. They seem to be the best three characters to represent the franchise, in my opinion. Especially after Fire Emblem Awakening, with it starring Chrom and also featuring Marth,
and even Ike is featured in a way, not only as DLC but also in the form of his descendent, Priam)
. None of them are Japanese exclusive, either.

Yeah, they're all blue haired swordsmen, but if they represent the franchise best, that's what really matters.

Okay, I was kinda excited to consider that we'd be getting Roger Craig Smith voicing Sonic in the next Smash (because I like the new voice a fair bit more than Jason Griffith's, tbqh).

I wasn't expecting the other guest character to be getting a new voice as well... I wonder if Hayter'll reprise his role for Smash 4 or not. :\

I don't think we need Chrom AND Ike. They look the same, act the same, and have the same moves. Unlike other clones who at least have some sort of uniqueness aesthetically, there's really nothing Ike would contribute with Chrom in.

Forget Ike. He's old news.

I would also choose these three. They seem to be the best three characters to represent the franchise, in my opinion. Especially after Fire Emblem Awakening, with it starring Chrom and also featuring Marth,
and even Ike is featured in a way, not only as DLC but also in the form of his descendent, Priam)
. None of them are Japanese exclusive, either.

Yeah, they're all blue haired swordsmen, but if they represent the franchise best, that's what really matters.

I disagree with that. Fire Emblem is a game about swords, lances, axes, tomes, bows, etc. and to this point only ONE of those has been featured. It'd be like if every playable Pokemon in Smash was a normal type.

or Chrom &
Lucina
together (would have a gimmick that the others don't at least).

Now here's an idea I like. Chrom could use the Falchion while
Lucina
could use tomes or bows. And they could represent Awakening's team-up/double-battle system. Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom