• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought the design looks good marred by a terrible perspective and art.

Although this means no more Domon Kasshu Ike.

PK Gaming

I worry about them using the Awakening designs if for only else we would get the horrid Awakening re-design for Ike as well:

Ike_DLC_Kakusei_Artwork.png

The DLC characters had their art done by several different artists for the DLC scenarios . I don't think these will be their canon artwork from this point on because it seems like a commemorative one-time deal sort of thing.

GamerSoul

I remember hearing the art was made by many different artist. FE is really getting itself out there. On the subject of cyborg Ike, that art style is just weird for him. I never liked it and I hope it never gets used for anything lol. Seeing Roy like that in game would be a nice to see if he returns. He looks like he's been in a couple battles. Imo, Lyn's Awakening design is the best though...I need to stop talking about her. lulz

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know which non-video game character I want to get in Smash?

Popeye-post-new1.jpg

Especially with the video game history regarding him and Shiggy

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
(brofists with legs)

Roy and Mewtwo shouldn't be in smash 4 at the expense of potential new characters

h8BD3E54B

To be quite frank, I'm getting kind of sick of all of Snakey's arguments revolving around fan polls which realistically hold no stock as to who gets in (I agree with Doggie, for the record). Can we all just let it go and wait to see who's announced at E3?

Here, let's post worst-case scenario clones:

Louie (clone of Olimar)

FeMarth/
Lucina
(clone of Marth)

Mienshao (clone of Lucario)

Bowletta (clone of Bowser)

Waluigi (somehow a clone of Yoshi)

You know what's a most recent character design that I really, really hope they don't use?

BdAPc8S.png

Other M's awful design of Ridley. Yuck.

I didn't really like Samus's design in Other M, but it's relatively inoffensive compared to Ridley who looks like he was designed by a bored seventh grader in school trying to draw the most extreme and badass space dragon they can imagine.

Brawl's Ridley was just perfect.
modea15_080317awk04.jpg

KevinCow

Banned
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Roy has going for him is red hair.

Seriously, what the hell is with blue haired Fire Emblem protagonists.

But then I never play Fire Emblem characters because they're all pretty boring.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They should give us Owain as the Fire Emblem Awakening rep, honestly.

"Hand...hungers!"

Ryce

Not so long as they aren't the main protagonists. I don't think the selections of Marth, Roy, and Ike had anything to do with them being Lords -- they were just the most sensible characters to pick.

Snakey

To be quite frank, I'm getting kind of sick of all of Snakey's arguments revolving around fan polls which realistically hold no stock as to who gets in

Okay, how else am I to support that Mewtwo and Roy are highly requested to be brought back by Smash Bros. fans? Or do you only agree with mass fan requests in regards to characters you happen to like?

You know what's a most recent character design that I really, really hope they don't use?

BdAPc8S.png

Other M's awful design of Ridley. Yuck.

I didn't really like Samus's design in Other M, but it's relatively inoffensive compared to Ridley who looks like he was designed by a bored seventh grader in school trying to draw the most extreme and badass space dragon they can imagine.

Brawl's Ridley was just perfect.
modea15_080317awk04.jpg
IT'S A LIVIN'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GamerSoul

I agree that Brawl's Ridley was perfect. That would be the best model to go with if they were to make him playable.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Roy has going for him is red hair.

Seriously, what the hell is with blue haired Fire Emblem protagonists.

But then I never play Fire Emblem characters because they're all pretty boring.

I think it's a sort of homage to Marth. And I usually still pick Marth or Ike at least once when I play Brawl so I like them.

Javier

Kellam is going to be playable in Smash Bros. 4

It's just that nobody will notice. His selection square will be covered by the edge of the screen.

Guys Ridley is too big... or maybe they could make him Bowsers size? I wonder how that would look...

Ridley needs to be bigger than Bowser in my opinion. They'll have to do some fancy game developer magic to get him to work, but I feel that Ridley's size dichotomy with Samus is an important part of what makes him Ridley, so they should absolutely try their best to do this.

Like this is sorta okay, but a Ridley this tiny is absolutely unacceptable.

GamerSoul

^^Woah, I don't know why I never seen those before. He looks great in motion. :eek: I want dat.

Brawl's Ridley needs to be the default.

But Meta-Ridley absolutely needs to be an alternate costume.

That would be one of the best alt costumes in Smash.

So damn fierce. He even gets armor for his weird looking neck. lol. No he has no weakness.

Guys Ridley is too big... or maybe they could make him Bowsers size? I wonder how that would look...

Ridley can be whatever size he wants in the same way Bowser can grow and shrink.

PK Gaming

Anyone else praying to Arceus, Naga, Palutena, Hades, etc for DLC characters? If smash had post-launch DLC characters spanning over several months, I would be so happy...

CorvoSol

Almost as crazy as those who want Roy and Mewtwo to return over Chrom or a new Pokémon :X

I'm not bitter, what are you talking about?

As much as I want Mewtwo back, I'm willing to permit his retirement on the grounds that Pokemon Trainer stay. I'll take PT over Mewtwo.

Precisely. Their fans are nearing Geno levels.

Oh now, that's just not true. Mewtwo's going to be in another Pokemon movie, that already makes him a million times more relevant to anything than Geno, who hasn't been seen since a brief cameo in Mario and Luigi. And at least Mewtwo was a character of some renown in Pokemon for awhile, unlike Geno, who hasn't ever really been relevant to anything.

I'm not saying Mewtwo MUST come back (as long as PT stays I'm okay with Mewtwo not returning), but suggesting he be in is nowhere near as fanatic or unreasonable as the people who suggest Geno be in.

Almost as crazy as those who want Roy and Mewtwo to return over Chrom or a new Pokémon :X

I'm not bitter, what are you talking about?

I can't really touch on Roy seeing as I don't know much about the games other than the 2 I have played ... I can however say that I'm sure that the FE series is gonna get borked in smash no matter what because it has a strange habit of making the main protag a blue haired sword using male when the series has everything from Dragon riders to dancing women and combat units. My only hope is that MU becomes a character ... preferable a mage but Grand Master is ok I guess :/

But as for Mewtwo he's actually becoming relevant to the Pokemon series again with this new movie and from what I can see, with all these hints and context, he's likely gonna get a new 6 gen form in this movie. Right in time for the next Smash game pretty much.

But w/e, if anything I think Ike and Lucario should not return over getting new FE and 6 gen Pokemon. They're only reason for being in is to advertise the now outdated games in their series. So really, it's all just opinions at the end of the day.

Anyone else praying to Arceus, Naga, Palutena, Hades, etc for DLC characters? If smash had post-launch DLC characters spanning over several months, I would be so happy...

Nintendo seems to be embracing the idea of DLC with other titles and they're having Namco make this game so I don't really think there's much to worry about.

Much like how people in this thread said that MU couldn't work because of all the customization choices in appearance. They forget that Namco knows how to do this stuff.

IMO it's kinda like "hoping" there's DLC in Pokemon XY. Now that the tech is there there's no reason to not expect true DLC.

GamerSoul

I don't agree with most of those DLC choices, since I havent played Uprising, but I think Nintendo would greatly benefit from having that type of DLC and dedication to Smash. The WiiU is not in the best shape right now so having a game like Smash which can can easily generate millions of dollars in extra revenue AFTER it's release for many months would be the smart thing to do. They really need to catch up with the times because they're leaving potential money on the table.

The great thing about it is that everything will be already set with the official release so Sakurai can move on to other things or get some rest. They can have their other studios regulate and supply DLC characters, stages, etc. Easy money for them and the fans will still be looking forward to playing their Smash. It's a win-win. Just think of the possibilities. Nintendo can advertise a new IP by having the character and a stage as DLC in Smash.

Kjellson

What new characters do you guys think they will reveal in E3?

Brawl's trailer had five newcomers (Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario and Snake) so let's assume SSB4's trailer have that amount of new dudes too.

My predictions:

Little Mac
Ridley
Shulk
Palutena
Some 3rd party character, my guess is either Mega Man or Bayonetta

Mr. Fix

Brawl's trailer had five newcomers (Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario and Snake) so let's assume SSB4's trailer have that amount of new dudes too.

My predictions:

Little Mac
Ridley
Shulk
Palutena

a8m.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

My predictions:

Little Mac
Ridley
Shulk
Palutena

For me,

Little Mac
Ridley
Takamaru
Palutena
Mega Man or Geno

Why does it seem like everyone's watched that LP?

(but I bet none of you got to awkwardly guest on an episode!)
It's one of those commentaries you knew was a long time coming since slowbeef and diabetus are huge Super Metroid/Metroid Prime fans and it didn't disappoint.

Which video did you guest in? :U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom