• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

I'd have to agree with this. Sakurai builds up teams and disbands them after the games are finished. Who would be left to make DLC when Smash 4 is over?

Since this game is probably going to be more ambitious than Brawl with even more content expanding two different versions of the game, I can see there being left over content that they could not complete. Instead of holding up the release of the game or scrapping the files, I can see Sakurai taking a month or two finishing up that content to release it later as DLC down the line. Sakurai likes to pack his games full of content so idk if he will go the route of on disc DLC for a great amount of content. Besides they can easily make extra money making DLC for many months so I can see them outsourcing the DLC to another in house studio with Sakurai overlooking the content getting in. if it were any other developer this would be close to a sure thing, for Nintendo we still have to question this lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could transfer or get stuff special stuff from the 3ds to the Wii u or vice versa

This will probably happen and it will be pretty awesome.

I know everyone in this thread is sick of Fire Emblem discussion, but I had an idea for a villain rep from the series.

MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILERS
Grima, the Fell Dragon

Have his appearance be like the Avatar, with a hood on to conceal the gender -- similar to this concept art

Special Moveset:
B: Rally Spectrum (I dunno, could work similar to Lucas's B in Project M -- as in, it boost Smash Attacks)
Up-B/Recovery: Rexcalibur, Wind Magic
Down-B: Bolganone, Fire Magic
Forward-B: Thoron, Thunder Magic

Final Smash: Expiration -- Turns into his Fell Dragon form, creates spikes that come from the ground

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, the Mewtwo speculation just got a whole lot more interesting...he appears to have a New Form in XY.

CorvoSol

Well, the Mewtwo speculation just got a whole lot more interesting...he appears to have a New Form in XY.

I hope it isn't uncool. Mewtwo's already one sweet looking Cat Machine of Death. Hope they don't like, tack wings on him or something. Or rather, I hope it's a new form in the Origin Forme sense, and not Shaymin's terrible Skye Forme or whatever.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ugly Pokémon becomes even more ugly.

Pretty sure I've seen that art without the ugly looking Mewtwo thing or was it in silhouette the first time. Can't remember.

Gattuso

Ugly Pokémon becomes even more ugly.

Pretty sure I've seen that art without the ugly looking Mewtwo thing or was it in silhouette the first time. Can't remember.

424px-M16_poster.png

this is the one right?

That'd just give genwunners more fuel to their fire if anything though and increase annoyance levels to greater heights in design debates.

It looks like a messed up Zora.

It would be delicious if genwunners began to rue Gen VI as "The Gen that ruined Mewtwo."

Plus it would make them stop ragging on the best Gen so much.

The body is a Supersuit.

EARTH
WORM
JIM!
Instantly read those words like the tv show opening, this was your plan all along!
Jim would be so good in this game, we all know it, worm tether recovery alone would be worth it.
But his fighting game appearances will forever be restricted to Clayfighter.

It would be delicious if genwunners began to rue Gen VI as "The Gen that ruined Mewtwo."

Best Gen will probably be safe regardless when Gen 6 hits and becomes the new whipping boy.

They'll forgive Gen V for the "ice cream cone" and "garbage bag" when they choose to acknowledge "group of eggs", "blob with eyes and a mouth", and ""ball with eyes".

Best Gen will probably be safe regardless when Gen 6 hits and becomes the new whipping boy.

I'm conflicted about this. Once Gen V stops being "the newest Gen" the yeah, people will stop the constant stream of hate for it, but I don't like the trend of "the newest Gen" being constantly labelled as the worst. I think that mechanically at least every Gen is better than the last, and it'd be nice to see some internet positivity surrounding the new designs for once.

PK Gaming said:
ready for your daily "brofist" quota?

(INITIATING BROFIST)

images

AW YISSSSSSSS

tumblr_m8d27ypjxt1qi4jueo1_500.gif

CorvoSol

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Please let it be so. Worst Mewthree of my life.

That'd just give genwunners more fuel to their fire if anything though and increase annoyance levels to greater heights in design debates.

It looks like a messed up Zora.

But can we all agree that that is a legitimately bad design, especially compared to Mewtwo?

Gen IV is and always will be worst Gen.

They'll forgive Gen V for the "ice cream cone" and "garbage bag" when they choose to acknowledge "group of eggs", "blob with eyes and a mouth", and ""ball with eyes".

Ice Cream Cone and Garbage Bag are some of the best designs in Gen V, though. I didn't realize people had a problem with Vanilluxe. I mean, he's freaking VANILLUXE. Guy is awesome.

PK Gaming

Even though i'm a fervent supporter of Gen V (it pretty much has the best ratio of "FAVORITE" Pokemon for me) i've never liked Vanilluxe or Garbodor.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Even though i'm a fervent supporter of Gen V (it pretty much has the best ratio of "FAVORITE" Pokemon for me) i've never liked Vanilluxe or Garbodor.

Garbador got me when I realized he is essentially based from Totoro. Yes, more so than Snorlax.

And I always like Vanilluxe. Its conception and overall design study makes me love it more.

But can we all agree that that is a legitimately bad design, especially compared to Mewtwo?
Oh absolutely.

Garbador got me when I realized he is essentially based from Totoro. Yes, more so than Snorlax.

And I always like Vanilluxe. Its conception and overall design study makes me love it more.
I love this bit from that article...

from their 2010 debut to this day, Pokénerds with dead imaginations and inflated senses of entitlement have regarded Trubbish and Garbodor as a foul stain on the purity of their beloved franchise; evidence that Gamefreak is either desperate for ideas or just doesn't care anymore. With hundreds other creatures they could choose from, select fans still froth in an impotent rage that one of them would dare deviate from their rigid set of preferences, taking up precious space that could have been reserved for yet another anthropomorphic fox or metal-plated dragon.

It drives me loopy that Garbodor and Vanilluxe get ragged on for a lack of creativity while say those six Monkeys get a free pass in every pokemon design debate when if anything they are surely the top examples that show a lack of creativity from that gen seeing as they've dipped into the primate* pool more than often enough and these ones add pretty much nothing to the mix, some people's odd perception that pokemon can't be anything but an animal is so creatively limiting and also completely false to begin with seeing as Gen 1 gave us flying magnets and rocks with arms, hell I like those guys as well.

* specifically I mean basic looking monkeys, would it kill them to do like a Baboon or Orangutan instead at least?

qq more

I love gen V's Pokemon (Snivy, Herdier, and Stoutland are some of my favorite Pokemon) but even I'm perplexed at that... Mewtwo "redesign". Has to be fake. Sooo awful. Don't fuck with my favorite legendary!

Bro I know you're not dogging on my man Charizard.

Are you surprised at this point?

Tyeforce

Surely if this new form of Mewtwo is real, it's not going to become the main form of Mewtwo or anything. If he gets back in the next Smash Bros., he's still gonna have his original form. This new one might just be his Final Smash or something.

Regardless of how good or bad the design is (I think we haven't seen enough to judge yet, that is if it's even real), I'm excited for it and hope that it's real because it would mean that not only is Mewtwo once again a focus in a Pokémon movie, but having a new form means he would also become a focus again in the games, too.

Tyeforce

So, I'm working on a series of polls for newcomers in the next Smash Bros. that I'll be posting on my StreetPass group's Facebook Page weekly leading up to E3. Just a fun little thing to get people talking about Smash Bros. before it's unveiled. Anyway, since this will be on Facebook, each poll is limited to 10 options, so I'm splitting them up by franchise and choosing what I think are the top 8 or less characters per category, plus an "Other" and "None" option. I had to group some smaller franchises together, and obviously I don't believe that all of these characters have a chance, but I think it includes pretty much all of the most requested characters. I figured some people here might be interested in picking it apart or giving suggestions, so here it is:

Mario
  1. Dr. Mario
  2. Waluigi
  3. Toad
  4. Bowser Jr.
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Rosalina
  7. Daisy
  8. Birdo
  9. Other (specify in comments)
  10. None

Donkey Kong / Yoshi / Wario
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Kamek
  4. Baby Mario (& Luigi)
  5. Kat & Ana
  6. Mona
  7. Ashley
  8. Captain Syrup
  10. None

The Legend of Zelda
  1. Young Link
  2. Toon Zelda / Tetra
  3. Tingle
  4. Impa
  5. Ghirahim
  6. Skull Kid
  7. Vaati
  8. Midna (& Wolf Link)
  10. None

Metroid / Star Fox / F-ZERO
  1. Ridley
  2. Dark Samus
  3. Anthony Higgs
  4. Krystal
  5. Slippy
  6. Leon
  7. Samurai Goroh
  8. Black Shadow
  10. None

Kirby / Kid Icarus
  1. Waddle Dee
  2. Lololo & Lalala
  3. Magolor
  4. Prince Fluff
  5. Palutena
  6. Medusa
  7. Magnus
  8. Hades
  10. None

Pokémon
  1. Mewtwo
  2. Pichu
  3. Plusle & Minun
  4. Deoxys
  5. Zoroark
  6. N
  7. Victini
  8. Genesect
  10. None

Fire Emblem / EarthBound (MOTHER)
  1. Roy
  2. Lyn
  3. Chrom
  4. Leif
  5. Jeff
  6. Masked Man / Claus
  7. Kumatora
  8. Ninten
  10. None

Other Classic Nintendo Franchises (NES to N64 era)
  1. Animal Crossing Boy (Animal Crossing)
  2. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
  3. Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
  4. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
  5. Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jō)
  6. Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
  7. Andy (Nintendo Wars)
  8. Lip (Puzzle League)
  10. None

Other Modern Nintendo Franchises (GCN to Wii U era)
  1. Mii
  2. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  3. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
  4. Barbara the Bat (Jam with the Band)
  5. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
  6. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
  7. Shulk (Xenobade Chronicles)
  8. Dillon (Dillon’s Rolling Western)
  10. None

Third Party Characters
  1. Mega Man [Capcom]
  2. Pac-Man [Namco Bandai]
  3. Slime (Dragon Quest) [Square Enix]
  4. Professor Layton [Level-5]
  5. Rayman [Ubisoft]
  6. Ryu (Street Fighter) [Capcom]
  7. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) [Square Enix]
  8. Geno (Super Mario RPG) [Square Enix]
  10. None

These are still subject to change, of course. I'll be posting the first one next Sunday, and a new one every week after that until E3.

I've noticed that Scrafty is louder than the "genwunners" that he keeps bringing up. It's exactly the same as the people who claim that MLP fans are ruining every thread on GAF, yet they can never provide evidence. No wonder I despise both of them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom