• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

Well, a version of him. Ray MK III.

assist16_080314awk01.jpg

assist16_080314a.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist16.html

It's easy to miss him because of his small size.

qq more

People still hating on ROB perplexes me. ROB was an awesome addition to the roster. I mean the Smash Bros roster now contains more than just characters from popular franchises, now it has a playable accessory and it really works. Pretty clever!

I guess people only care for their favorite video game character :/

People still hating on ROB perplexes me. ROB was an awesome addition to the roster. I mean the Smash Bros roster now contains more than just characters from popular franchises, now it has a playable accessory and it really works. Pretty clever!

I guess people only care for their favorite video game character :/

So I guess you made that thread about me on GameFAQS?

That topic never fails to slap a big old grin on my face, Beef's beefy nature transcends neogaf itself and the scorn is felt elsewhere, it's pretty damn impressive really.

Mario

1. Dr. Mario - No
  2. Waluigi - Yes
  3. Toad - No
  4. Bowser Jr. - No
  5. Paper Mario - No
  6. Rosalina - Maybe
  7. Daisy - No
  8. Birdo - No

Donkey Kong / Yoshi / Wario
  1. King K. Rool - Yes
  2. Dixie Kong - Maybe
  3. Kamek - No
  4. Baby Mario (& Luigi) - No
  5. Kat & Ana - Yes
  6. Mona - No
  7. Ashley - No
  8. Captain Syrup - No

The Legend of Zelda

1. Young Link - No
  2. Toon Zelda / Tetra - No
  3. Tingle - Yes
  4. Impa - No
  5. Ghirahim - No
  6. Skull Kid - No
  7. Vaati - No
  8. Midna (& Wolf Link) - No

Metroid / Star Fox / F-ZERO
  1. Ridley - Maybe
  2. Dark Samus - Maybe
  3. Anthony Higgs - No
  4. Krystal - Maybe
  5. Slippy - Maybe
  6. Leon - No
  7. Samurai Goroh - Maybe
  8. Black Shadow - No

Kirby / Kid Icarus
  1. Waddle Dee - Maybe
  2. Lololo & Lalala - No
  3. Magolor - No
  4. Prince Fluff - Maybe
  5. Palutena - Yes
  6. Medusa - Maybe
  7. Magnus - No
  8. Hades - No

Pokémon

1. Mewtwo - Maybe
  2. Pichu - No
  3. Plusle & Minun - Maybe
  4. Deoxys - No
  5. Zoroark - No
  6. N - No
  7. Victini - No
  8. Genesect - Yes

Fire Emblem / EarthBound (MOTHER)

1. Roy - No
  2. Lyn - Maybe
  3. Chrom (& Lucina) - Yes
  4. Leif - No
  5. Jeff - No
  6. Masked Man / Claus - No
  7. Kumatora - No
  8. Ninten - No

Other Classic Nintendo Franchises (NES to N64 era)
  1. Animal Crossing Boy (Animal Crossing) - No
  2. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) - Maybe
  3. Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment) - No
  4. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) - No
  5. Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jō) - Yes
  6. Ray 01 (Custom Robo) - Maybe
  7. Andy (Nintendo Wars) - No
  8. Lip (Puzzle League) - Yes

Other Modern Nintendo Franchises (GCN to Wii U era)
  1. Mii
  2. Isaac (Golden Sun) - Maybe
  3. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) - Yes
  4. Barbara the Bat (Jam with the Band) - No
  5. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!) - No
  6. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven) - Yes
  7. Shulk (Xenobade Chronicles) - No
  8. Dillon (Dillon’s Rolling Western) - Maybe

Third Party Characters
  1. Mega Man [Capcom] - No
  2. Pac-Man [Namco Bandai] - No
  3. Slime (Dragon Quest) [Square Enix] - No
  4. Professor Layton [Level-5] - No
  5. Rayman [Ubisoft] - No
  6. Ryu (Street Fighter) [Capcom] - No
  7. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) [Square Enix] - No
  8. Geno (Super Mario RPG) [Square Enix] - No
  9. Other (specify in comments) - Iori (iDOLM@STER) [Namco Bandai] - Yes
That's my thoughts. Somewhat of a wishlist and what I expect.

That has to be the best thread backfire since the Beyblade thread. At first they don't even know what he's talking about, and then people start agreeing with Beef.

It takes a special kind of person to make that happen, Professor.

qq more

I liked SSE at first but then it became a real chore later on because the novelty wore off and the levels were just soooo boring and long. I would only accept another go at SSE if they actually make it actually fun this time.

DaBoss

I liked SSE at first but then it became a real chore later on because the novelty wore off and the levels were just soooo boring and long. I would only accept another go at SSE if they actually make it actually fun this time.
I only played through it a lot because I wanted to 100% it and complete everything on Very Hard. It was a pain in the ass.

CorvoSol

When I post on GameFAQs about NeoGAF, it's only to say that GAF is a better place with mods that aren't a conglomerated faceless asshat.

And I love SSE. I don't play it that often, though.

Gattuso

SSE was okay, boss fights were mostly fun, SSE as a whole just went on and on forever. I don't mind a story mode just keep it fairly short.

Tyeforce

I'd love another Subspace Emissary-like mode in the next game. Part of me even kind of wants Tabuu to be in the next game as a playable character to represent the Subspace Emissary and Smash Bros. as a franchise, but that's not going to happen, lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So I guess you made that thread about me on GameFAQS?

I'm making GameFAQS famous.

That has to be the best thread backfire since the Beyblade thread. At first they don't even know what he's talking about, and then people start agreeing with Beef.

It takes a special kind of person to make that happen, Professor.

:lol I remembered when that happened. People need to learn to not take things too sensitive. I don't like R.O.B. too but I don't mash him at every single chance that I have.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Do you guys want to see something like the SSE in SSB4? I'm playing through for it the first time and it's pretty cool, I guess.

SSE was okay, boss fights were mostly fun, SSE as a whole just went on and on forever. I don't mind a story mode just keep it fairly short.

Oh, yeah, the bosses were definitely cool. I wouldn't mind seeing more of those.

Definitely, I really enjoyed SSE, and it was fun. One thing that I don't like about SSE is that they are using generic enemies and backgrounds.

If we get more bosses, I want more Nintendo characters over original creations.

That's how I feel for the majority of SSE. Having generic boring looking levels to run around in isn't all that fun when you're playing a game all about fan service.

Definitely, I don't mind to traveling through nintendo worlds and battling against many nintendo bosses that are not able to become playable characters like Porky and Petey. That was fun.

PK Gaming

Considering that we got Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon, reinventing characters is not a new thing. Most any characters can be made into interesting choices.

I'd imagine that with a Down B or a Final Smash, Mach Rider could use his bike for all sorts of tricks. Would keep the nature of the game while still working out fine.Pit got in due to demand from America and Japan.

There's also this. He mentions this:

So yes, he does take popularity seriously.

touché

I guess we'll wait and see... I just have this strong feeling that guys like little mac or mach rider won't make it in. honest opinion, i'm not trying to troll or anything :p

KevinCow

Banned
I liked SSE, but it definitely would've been better with Nintendo enemies and locations instead of... well, what we got.

Hopefully if we get another story mode, Sakurai will bring some of his Kid Icarus experience in and make it way better than SSE was.

ffdgh

All he need to do *for me* is Take melee's adventure mode and expand on it. Mario course always first, mix it up after that and then battle field to final destination.

Gattuso

I completely forgot melee had an adventure mode id like something like that but I still want full on boss fights after each stage.
I'm curious as to what was everyone's most used character for each game and going in to 4 who do you see yourself using the most?
ssb-Kirby
ssbm-Roy I only played as him
ssbb-meta knight
ssb4-link (placeholder until the roster starts getting revealed)

Take the SSE concept, shorten it in length, style it more after actual Nintendo series like in melee's adventure stages, keep the cross over cutscenes just with a more goofy (and understandable) plot.

That's all I ask, i'd rather not go right back to Melee's Adventure style outright since it was a mixed bag itself and required multiple playthroughs, still fun though.

I completely forgot melee had an adventure mode id like something like that but I still want full on boss fights after each stage.
I'm curious as to what was everyone's most used character for each game and going in to 4 who do you see yourself using the most?
SSB: Yoshi
SSBM: DK, Yoshi, Kirby, Mewtwo
SSBB: DK, Ike, Ganondorf, Dedede

As for SSB4, well I think DK and Ike (if he isn't cut) will remain up there alongside my most wanted newcomers who will do battle for more common usage depending on how much I like their movesets.
But you never know, Lucas and Sonic are just a bit behind my Brawl four up there and i'd never have predicted playing as Lucas so much back when he was first revealed.

DaBoss

I honestly found SSBM's adventure mode a bore. It was a chore to get through it each time and seemed like there was a lack of focus. I'm not really sure what I want, but I would rather not have it like the adventure mode.

ssb-Kirby
ssbb-meta knight

tgqcz7exakb6.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
ssb-Kirby
ssbb-meta knight

SSB - Pikachu and Jigglypuff

SSBM - Sheik, Falco Ganondorf and Marth (Main) but I love to play every characters in the game

SSBB - Marth, Pikachu, Snake, Pit, Ganondorf and many characters. Problem with me, I love to play with all characters and most of time, my friends and I would play random matches for couple of hours.

SSB4: I hope Takamaru, Palutena, Isaac, Laughing Dog and returning characters.

Edited: I FORGET ALL ABOUT BRINGER OF OUR MIGHTY FALCON PUNCH, CAP FALCON!

If you look at his username, it actually made sense.

That's what I do.

AAI_Maggey_Salute_1.gif

ssb-Kirby
ssbb-meta knight

SSB: Ness
SSBM: Young Link and Jigglypuff
SSBB: Pokémon Trainer (specifically Squirtle) and Toon Link
SSBU: Hades (BELIEVE!)

CorvoSol

ssb-Kirby
ssbb-meta knight

SSBM- Link, Mewtwo, and Luigi. Needless to say I lost a LOT of fights.
SSBB- Toon Link, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard), Luigi and Zelda.
SSB4- Hopefully still Pokemon Trainer and Zelda. Beyond that Iunno.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I honestly forget who my "main" was in 64 and Melee.

It was Lucario in Brawl, I loved that motherfucker, even though I dislike it as a Pokemon. And I'm a bit sad that it might end up getting cut since, imo, it's a likely candidate if they're dropping characters.

If Genesect gets in 4, who I think has a decent chance giving the timing, I'll use him hopefully.

ffdgh

SSB: No peach
never played it....yet
SSBM: Peach <3
SSBB: Peach with her various unjust nerfs....darn you sakurai. ;_;
SSB4: Dat Peach. Hopefully she'll get the buffs she deserves along with others.

Gattuso

its not like i know how to use metaknight, played brawl pretty casually since most of my friends moved on to Xbox all day every day. I don't even think they own wiis anymore.

DaBoss

I honestly forget who my "main" was in 64 and Melee.

It was Lucario in Brawl, I loved that motherfucker, even though I dislike it as a Pokemon. And I'm a bit sad that it might end up getting cut since, imo, it's a likely candidate if they're dropping characters.

If Genesect gets in 4, who I think has a decent chance giving the timing, I'll use him hopefully.

How can you dislike god damn Lucario? It is a god-tier beast. :p

But yea, it will likely get dropped. I enjoyed using Lucario. :/

Hope it is a good replacement.

its not like i know how to use metaknight, played brawl pretty casually since most of my friends moved on to Xbox all day every day. I don't even think they own wiis anymore.

It's all good, I was just messing. :p

I don't know how to use it like a pro, but I found it fun to play as Meta Knight too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SSB: No peach
never played it....yet
SSBM: Peach <3
SSBB: Peach with her various unjust nerfs....darn you sakurai. ;_;
SSB4: Dat Peach. Hopefully she'll get the buffs she deserves along with others.

I hope that she would get her slap grab power back.

How can you dislike god damn Lucario? It is a god-tier beast. :p

But yea, it will likely get dropped. I enjoyed using Lucario. :/

Hope it is a good replacement.

It will be this pokemon and you will like it.

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom