• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recalled a rumor about jigglypuff. Pokmon company want sakurai to keep jigglypuff in brawl. If he didn't then something else would happens. That's why sakurai often mention that Pokemon company is hard to work with for ssb series. I don't know how reliable this rumor is.
So if he cuts Jigglypuff, the Mafia gets him!?

Holy shit.

DaBoss

My prediction is that there won't be any cuts... except Pokémon Trainer or Lucario might have to be.

It seems like GameFreak / The Pokémon Company has a lot of say into what Pokémon content gets into Smash; I have no doubt that Lucario got in because they wanted him and Mewtwo would've made it instead if not for that (Why else would he be the only non-clone to get cut?). So history could repeat itself with a Gen V or VI character they really want in the game, and then there's Mewtwo and the attention he's getting all of a sudden... Definitely the most overcrowded and hardest to predict part of the roster.

And while I'd also prefer to see Jiggylpuff gone rather than either of those two, she's probably safe in all of this due to being in since the original.

It's most likely going to be a Gen VI Pokemon that is going to take Lucario's place. No Gen III Pokemon was in Brawl as a character.

In return, they had lots of Gen III Pokemon being featured (i.e. Torchic, Piplup, Groudon, & Kyogre being in Pokeballs; Rayquaza is a boss). I imagine they will do the same with Gen V Pokemon.

DaBoss

Plusle and Minun were apparently planned, though. Two data points do not a graph make!

I did not know that. So they were going to replace Pichu with another Pikaclone? Glad they didn't lol. Though it would be interesting if they were going to be like Ice Climbers and have both of them at once. But yea, I see your point.

I did not know that. So they were going to replace Pichu with another Pikaclone? Glad they didn't lol. Though it would be interesting if they were going to be like Ice Climbers and have both of them at once. But yea, I see your point.
They would double the self damage.
Fucking Pichu.
FUCKING USELESS.

Gattuso

They would double the self damage.
Fucking Pichu.
FUCKING USELESS.

was there any reason to pick pichu over Pikachu at all?
tckCTPr.png

needs to be a boss

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pichu evolved into Brawl Pikachu, somehow original Pikachu was booted because he was becoming shit in Melee :p

CorvoSol

I thought Pichu existed so you could say "I am so good at Melee I can cream you with PICHU." That was the reason we used him for.

Gattuso

↑↑
i always thought pichu was there just to say ''look at how badass i am, watch me destroy you with pichu''.
Pichu evolved into Brawl Pikachu, somehow original Pikachu was booted because he was becoming shit in Melee :p
i was looking at the ssb wiki to see what pichu had over pikachu and that was taken right out of the trivia section of the page i learned somthing new.

Is Cave Story still considered "indie" now that NIS is behind it?

Either way, I'd love to see Quote in Smash. Think of how many weapons he could have!

KevinCow

Banned
My post about scrapping the roster was mostly in jest, but now that I think about it, it could be pretty cool. Not to replace Smash U, but as a second Smash later in the generation. Sakurai's team will have the engine ironed out, so just give that to a smaller team dedicated to making new characters and stages. Throw in 25-30 new characters who didn't make the main game, about the same number of stages, and release it 3-4 years after Smash U to kinda tide people over until the next console's Smash.

Call it something like Super Smash Bros. U: Second Stringer Showdown or something.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My post about scrapping the roster was mostly in jest, but now that I think about it, it could be pretty cool. Not to replace Smash U, but as a second Smash later in the generation. Sakurai's team will have the engine ironed out, so just give that to a smaller team dedicated to making new characters and stages. Throw in 25-30 new characters who didn't make the main game, about the same number of stages, and release it 3-4 years after Smash U to kinda tide people over until the next console's Smash.

Call it something like Super Smash Bros. U: Second Stringer Showdown or something.

That would be too much characters but I wish that it would happens anyway.

I'm not entirely sure there are 25-30 Nintendo characters not in Smash already that people give enough of a shit about to sell a game on. I'm not even sure there are ten for this game alone.

I mean, what new, non-third party candidate can you even think of that's front of the box worthy? Back of the box worthy even? A Metroid villain? A second Kid Icarus character? This is what we're down to?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not entirely sure there are 25-30 Nintendo characters not in Smash already that people give enough of a shit about to sell a game on. I'm not even sure there are ten for this game alone.

I mean, what new, non-third party candidate can you even think of that's front of the box worthy? Back of the box worthy even? A Metroid villain? A second Kid Icarus character? This is what we're down to?

For casual people who are familiar with Mario franchisees, Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr, Toad and Rosetta.

Not really, but new expansion should be catering to hardcore players who know Nintendo history or love Smash series, so I'm sure that they can dig little more harder and find hidden gems that can be playable characters.

DaBoss

Maybe an expansion pack filled with characters that aren't as well known? Make it a separate sort of game in a sense where you can only play as those characters when you are in the expansion pack mode.

KevinCow

Banned

That's the joke. "Here are a bunch of characters who never could have gotten into the main game and you've probably never heard of, and they're getting their own game!"

The point would be to sell it based on the Smash franchise, not on the popularity of the characters. I think the Smash series is big enough by now to do something crazy like that.

Maybe throw in Luigi as the face of the game so they have someone. But fill the game with lighthearted, self-deprecating jokes about how these characters are so obscure and nobody knows who they are.

The point is that the main game would be the big release with the big characters, while this spinoff would have a lower budget and lower sales expectations and could just go crazy with the characters without worrying about who's popular or relevant.

Your average person would probably at least recognize Ridley and Little Mac. Maybe K. Rool as well, though if he gets in I see him being a secret character.

Besides Wario and Pokemon Trainer I'd argue those first two are more instantly recognizable than the other newcomers Brawl had on its boxart.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's pretty vague. They even imply it's a new Pokemon only related to Mewtwo (Mew evolution?) and even Matsuda says it's new.

Regardless I doubt Lucario would be replaced. Unless Smash wants to lose money on merchandising. :p

Isn't it just a forme though? It's not like it actually replaces the design. Maybe alt costume?

Nintendo is going around saying that it's a new Pokemon with similarities to Mewtwo. People are confused on whether it means that it's a new Pokemon or just another forme.

GamerSoul

I don't know if anything else has been shown. We do not even know how this form is exactly related to mewtwo but I feel like this could be mewtwo's new visual look for smash. Still gotta get use to it.

Tyeforce

It's pretty vague. They even imply it's a new Pokemon only related to Mewtwo (Mew evolution?) and even Matsuda says it's new.

Regardless I doubt Lucario would be replaced. Unless Smash wants to lose money on merchandising. :p
Was I the only person who, while watching the reveal on Pokémon Smash, noticed the Lucario mascot guy and thought to myself "well, if anything, this shows that Lucario is certainly still relevant!"? lol

Seriously, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, and Mewtwo. All the Pokémon you need for Smash Bros. They're perfect! What's great is that they can get away with featuring the latest generation in the game by bringing back Mewtwo, too, thanks to this new form (well, if it is a new form and not an entirely different Pokémon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom