• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't those alternative FE designs limited by the default class design styles in Awakening or something due to how the DLC characters are done? hence why Ike's attire isn't at all like any of his previous.

That's not really my problem with it. It's the fact that it's drawn bad.

Tyeforce said:
...That's Ray 01 from Custom Robo. He's not a Capcom character, he's first party.
Actually, Ray is 2nd party.

You know, it'd be amazing if he were to get in. It's a big fat shame that he won't.
Green Mamba said:
This... thing.

Though maybe it's just the terrible artwork that hurts it for me, but I really hope that if Ike gets back in they don't use this awful design.

Jeez what an awful drawing. That's something I'd be embarrassed to turn in. Perspective, how does it work.
God that's horrible. One of the worst design I've seen for the game. I'd almost be tempted to not want him back if he returned with this.
Shadow Hog said:
26th, actually.
Mega Man is still twenty-five years old since his series started on December of 1987.

I'm crossing my finger that one of Capcom's plan for Mega Man is a Smash Bros. appearance for his 25th anniversary.

I don't necessarily WANT an Atlus character, I just like the SMT demon designs. And since Incubus won't get in for obvious reasons, I gotta settle, man.

GamerSoul

We would have a better chance getting doctor mario back. I don't think an atlus character is something sakurai would be acticely looking for, unless he's friends with someone over there.

We must have Mike Jones back in order to raise up some hope of a future StarTropics entry. He must be back. I cannot allow another generation without him.

Would be a very unexpected character imo. Id like to see him in as a retro character also. Especially with a new redesign featuring that retro jean jacket? Aw man no one would be able to resist liking him.

Say what you will about Sonic's games, but at least he's always been a cool and appealing character in the eyes of the target audience. Megaman, though? He may have had some good games 15 or 20 years ago but as a character he's just so generic and lame. He'd be the most sterile character in Smash Bros. by a mile.

I guess with enough creative liberties they could change my mind, though. Like if the Megaman in question is the same Megaman from the Duane & Brando song.

Drago

For 3rd parties, I'd like to see Rayman in Smash. Seeing as Ubisoft is pretty much the only major 3rd party that hasn't dropped the WiiU yet, I expect some Ubisoft rep to show up. Rayman is the most fitting and logical choice.

Mega Man would be sweet gravy.

qq more

Say what you will about Sonic's games, but at least he's always been a cool and appealing character in the eyes of the target audience. Megaman, though? He may have had some good games 15 or 20 years ago but as a character he's just so generic and lame. He'd be the most sterile character in Smash Bros. by a mile.

I guess with enough creative liberties they could change my mind, though. Like if the Megaman in question is the same Megaman from the Duane & Brando song.

What the fuck? The recent Mega Man games (not counting the iOS crap) were well received.

also

megaman

generic and lame

what the fuck

Emitan

For 3rd parties, I want to see Rayman in Smash. He could work well and seeing as Ubisoft is pretty much the only major 3rd party that hasn't dropped the WiiU yet, I expect some Ubisoft rep to show up.

Mega Man would be sweet gravy.

I don't think Nintendo and Ubisoft are on good terms at the moment.

serplux

Would be a very unexpected character imo. Id like to see him in as a retro character also. Especially with a new redesign featuring that retro jean jacket? Aw man no one would be able to resist liking him.

The only problem is that we haven't even seen a sticker of anything related to StarTropics in a Smash Bros. game. :/ Plus the Japanese don't know who he is.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dillon for smash pls

Yeah, Yeah we already know. He would be unique character but I hope that Sakurai look more deeper in Nintendo's wiiware/dsware/3dsware/etc.

Oh Rawkhawk. If Sakurai managed to get Mega Man in the game, so I really hope that he would change your mind.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Stupid google not showing it to me :<

Man I'd want the other rangers as assist trophies

EDIT: I was talking about an actual site. TRW has its own site.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Stupid google not showing it to me :<

Man I'd want the other rangers as assist trophies

EDIT: I was talking about an actual site. TRW has its own site.

If they didnt add Drillion as playable character then they better add the stage from his world. I would love to have wild west theme stage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In order to maximise representation would you mind some playable characters not having their own stage?

DaBoss

In order to maximise representation would you mind some playable characters not having their own stage?

Has any character had that done before? I don't believe it has happened.

I do want a Pushmo/Crashmo stage. That would be really cool.

EDIT: I guess R.O.B. doesn't have a stage, it uses the Mario Bros stage.

Boss Doggie

Way back in 64 Falcon and Ness didn't get their own stages. In Melee Marth and Roy didn't get any. ROB technically didn't get any in Brawl.

KevinCow

Banned
Has any character had that done before? I don't believe it has happened.

I do want a Pushmo/Crashmo stage. That would be really cool.

EDIT: I guess R.O.B. doesn't have a stage, it uses the Mario Bros stage.

No F-Zero or Earthbound stage in Smash 64, and no Fire Emblem stage in Melee.

Joqu

A giant NES would be a pretty cool rob stage. And Sakurai's cat should occasionally jump on it as a hazard. Yeah...

ffdgh

The stages mixes were bad or something? I'll admit though, I'd rather not have mixed stages since there would probably be less stages to play on.

Boss Doggie

Why? I haven't played PSA yet, but I actually thought that would be pretty cool.

The concept itself is fine. The way it is handled is pretty, pretty stupid. Eventually stages end in "this annoying boss ruining everything by shooting stuff at you". I think there's also that "look at how cool and edgy I am mixing two rather incompatibly-themed stages together!"

Camjo-Z

The stages mixes were bad or something? I'll admit though, I'd rather not have mixed stages since there would probably be less stages to play on.

The stage mixes were pretty cool actually but in practice most of them were just "big monster attacks you from the background". I doubt they would ever make the leap to Smash though. Speaking of stages... I want to see an underwater stage taking place entirely on Steel Diver subs. Like a slower paced Big Blue with torpedos and things occasionally flying at you from the background.

Joqu

Guys I seriously want a stage featuring Sakurai's cat.

Well that doesn't mean that Smash Bros would handle it like that, but I suppose we don't need mixed stages anyway.

Guys I seriously want a stage featuring Sakurai's cat.

It's so cute! ;_;
tvb66cN.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
D'awww. <3

I think I changed my mind, it should totally be a playable character.

Waste of space, imo.

Well, it can be very distracting sometime. What i found most annoying is that ranked or quick matches, you can't really turn stage hazards off so I lost some of matches because of stage hazards stopped me.

You mean the photo thing right? That doesn't really count. :p

Well, it's there. At least, it's something. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom