• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

I wouldn't have a problem with this idea at all if the game was originally called, "Any character from the cartoon, anime, and video game forms of entertainment fighter".

We can talk about it all we want, which isn't a problem, but the probability of something like this actually happening is small right now, until something is announced about the game by someone who is involved with the game.

I don't see why things can't change, though. Just because that was the starting concept doesn't have to mean that the franchise can't evolve over time or ideas or attitudes can't change. I don't like the idea that people quote game developers on something they might have stated 10, 20 years ago and still hold them to that.

Javier

If SE brings in a character, I hope it's either Crono or Neku. Don't really care for Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy.

Snakeyes

I'd like to see a DQ hero that throws Slimes like Dedede and his Waddle Dees. His alts should be the clothes of the different heroes in the series.

EDIT: Neku would be a great addition. Tetsuo alternate costume please.

If SE brings in a character, I hope it's either Crono or Neku. Don't really care for Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy.

Wrong.
There's only one SE character worthy of being in Smash.
9TLSv.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is anyone asking for 50% third party characters, though? There were 33 Nintendo characters in Brawl (not including the transformations and the like) and 2 third party ones, I sincerely doubt anybody wants 31 new third party characters to bring that up to balance. The most I've ever seen is people asking for 50% of the new characters to be third party, and even thats not all that common.

You can still keep the game Nintendo focused AND bring in a half dozen new third party characters. Thats what I would like to see, personally. It doesn't need to overwhelm the whole thing, but just having one or two again seems pointless.

I recall reading a post somewhere in gaf about wanting 50% 3rd party. But yeah there are people like that. Honestly I want the 3rd party list to be always revolving rather than static, just to shake things up and give the fact that they are, in fact, guests.

I don't see why things can't change, though. Just because that was the starting concept doesn't have to mean that the franchise can't evolve over time or ideas or attitudes can't change. I don't like the idea that people quote game developers on something they might have stated 10, 20 years ago and still hold them to that.

You do know that despite changing concepts, there is still an underlying theme that keeps a series tied up with something.

Right now I'd place my money on Dragon Quest. Solely because Nintendo seems to be very supportive of that series at this time, so much so that they seem to care more about it than Square at times. Nintendo seems bent on making the series marketable over in the West. I feel Super Smash Bros could do the trick, if they wanted to. Plus I do know that over in Japan there is more support for not only Dragon Quest but a SquareEnix character in general.

Sayah

You do know that despite changing concepts, there is still an underlying theme that keeps a series tied up with something.

I know you were just having a discussion about that on the previous pages. Not sure how to approach that.
I could say, for example, the main theme for SFXTK was to include characters from the two fighting series and have them go head to head. But then we see three Sony characters exclusive to PS3/Vita revealed later. Wouldn't that also be parting away from the underlying theme yet I didn't see many people complaining?
Or maybe this is to be judged on a case-by-case basis and not applied generally to all franchises?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I know you were just having a discussion about that on the previous pages. Not sure how to approach that.
I could say, for example, the main theme for SFXTK was to include characters from the two fighting series and have them go head to head. But then we see three Sony characters exclusive to PS3/Vita revealed later. Wouldn't that also be parting away from the underlying theme yet I didn't see many people complaining?
Or maybe this is to be judged on a case-by-case basis and not applied generally to all franchises?

You should look at Soul Calibur IV and how shitty their roster became with the addition of Star Wars characters. And Cole was more of a "bonus" for buying PS3/Vita version more than anything, and still feels shit to an already crappy game.

Sayah

You should look at Soul Calibur IV and how shitty their roster became with the addition of Star Wars characters. And Cole was more of a "bonus" for buying PS3/Vita version more than anything, and still feels shit to an already crappy game.

While I didn't like Soul Calibur IV very much, I wouldn't exactly call the roster shitty. Same for SFXTK. Wouldn't call it crappy when it still needs to release but it is breaking away from the general theme of what SFXTK was meant to be. I mean I don't see Sony characters in MvC3 or Nintendo characters in TvC. Would those games have been worse if they did have guest Sony/Nintendo characters?

Oh my fucking god, Sayah. Let it go already.

Seriously

Mickey isn't gonna be in SSB4's roster.
Relax.........
This isn't even about Mickey anymore, lol.

PKrockin

I rather enjoyed Link in Soul Calibur II.

I would like to see Phoenix Wright in Smash after UMvC3. In fact it's kind of odd that happened in the first place considering the games always debut on a Nintendo system and have never gone to Sony or Microsoft platforms.

But Capcom would likely only have one roster slot for some reason so it should go to Mega Man.

I just want Megaman and MM Young Link (with mask switching akin to Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon) which Fierce Diety as his Final Smash.

Everyone else can stay, just give us unlockable costumes (Dr.Mario, TP or SS Zelda, Mr.L, Masked DeDeDe, etc.)

Actually... on second thought I want Masked DeDeDe to be his Final Smash. Fuck that BGD.

Davey Cakes

First time in the thread. I just came in to say this:

THEY NEED TO BRING BACK BOARD THE PLATFORMS.

But I'm pretty sure that goes without saying.

Sayah

I would like to see Phoenix Wright in Smash after UMvC3. In fact it's kind of odd that happened in the first place considering the games always debut on a Nintendo system and have never gone to Sony or Microsoft platforms.

But Capcom would likely only have one roster slot for some reason so it should go to Mega Man.
Also this.
What I would do for Namco to release SCV for Wii U with Link as an exclusive guest character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Capcom would swerve us with Ryu from SF.

I would like that. Every time megaman defeated the character, he should able to absorb their attack.

As long as they actually do something more than change the model/skin, so I can get back my beloved Dr. Mario.

Alt, just like Wario's Classic

Alt, just like Wario's Classic

then what's the fucking point get that shit out of here

actually that brings up a good point

classic wario and warioware wario should have different movesets

classic wario would of course utilize his various powerups from the wario land series, including but not limited to bat wario and zombie wario

warioware wario would uh

who gives a shit about warioware wario

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What exactly would be wrong with including Goku? Apparently not having origins as a video game character makes that character ineligible to be included in Smash Bros? If that's the case, then why do we have Pikachu, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer and the like in Smash Bros? They are not originally video game characters and appear from an anime. Please explain.

O_O

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know it would be way too much work, but a yarn alt for Kirby would be amazing.

Prince Fluffy would be nice. He can bring a great moveset from the game itself. I know Kirby: Epic Yarn suppose to be new IP but they put Kirby in the game to sell the games. I wonder if Fluffy was supposed to be main character.

your inclusion of bowser jr negates any and all legitimacy your argument may have had

What's wrong with Bowser Jr? He have more potential to have unique moveset than Dr. Mario.

Mega Man would either be a bad version of Samus, or a better version of Kirby. Plus Capcom hates Megaman, so I'd rather ask for Phoenix Wright.
I wasn't aware Kefka was in FFX

FF6 is the second-worst Final Fantasy game, and FF4 is the worst god damned FF game I have ever had the displeasure of playing.

Come the fuck at me, GAF.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Mega Man would either be a bad version of Samus, or a better version of Kirby. Plus Capcom hates Megaman, so I'd rather ask for Phoenix Wright.

FF6 is the second-worst Final Fantasy game, and FF4 is the worst god damned FF game I have ever had the displeasure of playing.

Come the fuck at me, GAF.

Serious? I have hard time to see if you are trolling or not.

I wouldn't rip your head off because we are marvel friends. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Slightly joking about the Megaman description; 100% serious about FF6 and FF4.

Feh, Megaman. I want him to be in but I know Capcom. They would push for Ryu since it is a fighting game. They want Ryu to shown up in every crossover games as possible because he is traveling karate that want to get better.

FF6 is one of the best FF game imo. But I'm not going to force you to agree with me because everyone have different preference.

Feh, Megaman. I want him to be in but I know Capcom. They would push for Ryu since it is a fighting game. They want Ryu to shown up in every crossover games as possible because he is traveling karate that want to get better.

FF6 is one of the best FF game imo. But I'm not going to force you to agree with me because everyone have different preference.

I wouldn't mind Ryu showing up. But if they brought in the Pocket Fighter version, then that would change things.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
noup

ff1 is the worst and x is annoying as fuck you are wrong and i hate you even more now

FF1 is just basic and old game. It's fine as it is long time ago, and I don't blame people for hating it because it is simply first in the series.

But FFX? I don't know about that.

what game is your avatar from? the art work reminded me of something else.

Doorman

Oh, we're talking character wishlists now?

We're getting to the fourth game of the series, I think it's high time for Nintendo's original fighting game hero to step back into the limelight:
LLxdM.png

It's not like he'd have a shortage of moves to work with, if you delve into the whole JMF roster.

I'll take Stafy too, if only because I want an awesome remix of Ogura's theme music in the game.

Boney

Banned
FF1 is just basic and old game. It's fine as it is long time ago, and I don't blame people for hating it because it is simply first in the series.

But FFX? I don't know about that.

what game is your avatar from? the art work reminded me of something else.
In my defense I haven't played XIII so that could be it, but X has horrible everything except graphics and music

The avatar is from Rhythm Heaven DS, who also makes the art for the Wario Ware series. I'm having a series of RH related avatars paving way to Rhythm Heaven Fever's release. So keep an eye out!

http://i.imgur.com/atrE5.jpg[IMG]

I don't even know what a rathian is.[/QUOTE]
that's cause you're a beeftard

[quote="Professor Beef, post: 33949322"]Ohhhh. Played the demo, didn't like it or the controls.[/QUOTE]

Further proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
In my defense I haven't played XIII so that could be it, but X has horrible everything except graphics and music

The avatar is from Rhythm Heaven DS, who also makes the art for the Wario Ware series. I'm having a series of RH related avatars paving way to Rhythm Heaven Fever's release. So keep an eye out!

that's cause you're a beeftard

That explained a lot. It gave me Mona vibe from WarioWare.

Actually, I really like FFX but not top 3 or 4. I meant I really enjoy the game a lot and I don't have any problem with the game.

yeah, fuck Melee and Brawl bonus. I prefer original's Targets, Platforms and Race to the Finish!

But Rathian is too big lol

Shush, don't get us into size argument. We already experienced it a lot with Ridley's.

SmithnCo

then what's the fucking point get that shit out of here

actually that brings up a good point

classic wario and warioware wario should have different movesets

classic wario would of course utilize his various powerups from the wario land series, including but not limited to bat wario and zombie wario

warioware wario would uh

who gives a shit about warioware wario

I think a Warioware moveset could be cool, not for Wario though. If they were to do it, it would probably be Mona, Jimmy, or 9-Volt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom