• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezan

i've got a totally legit scoop on the newcomers!
- Samurai Goroh
- Chrome
- Takamaru
- Shulk
- Ghirahim
- Kat & Ana
- Saki
- Gallade
- Masked Man
- Sakura Samurai guy

Returning Smashers
- Roy

Modified Movesets
- Ganondorf with sword at last!
- Sonic and the Black knight moveset due to complaints about too many spinning attacks
- Every time Kirby eats someone he gets Sword Kirby, final smash is the great sword

Third Party
- Blade Man instead of Mega Man
- Alucard instead of a Belmont
- Cyborg Raiden to replace Snake
- Nightmare as a Namco rep
- Travis Touchdown

current working title is super sword bros
Source: Sakurai himself
This list is missing Lyn, therefore it sucks and is fake too :(

Emitan

Metroid Prime is why the Gamecube controller is the best controller of all time. It's like they made the game and controller to perfectly suit each other. It's a sublime experience.

Triton55

If anything they should use a move set which is heavily based off Wii sports/resort and Pilotwings (perhaps as a UP B move)

Mii could have a unique move set basically made of up sports rubbish.

My idea for Mii's Up+B is that he/she gets dragged upwards by the Wii Menu hand cursor, enlarged head and waggling limbs and all.

My idea for Mii's Up+B is that he/she gets dragged upwards by the Wii Menu hand cursor, enlarged head and waggling limbs and all.

Up until now I was indifferent to Mii being in smash but i'm thinking it has to happen just for this alone, limb waggling could be the damage dealer.

Did you play it for more than an hour. At first I thought it was stupid and then slowly I realized that I was playing Super Metroid in 3D and it was AMAZING
Yes I did. A friend convinced me to try it, and I didn't have any fun at all. It doesn't help that with a few exceptions, I can't stand FPS games.
Beef, I don't say this often, but you are literally the worst person of all time.
There are many people worse than me!
Well it's a good thing there were those 2 on the GBA right? so lets all make amends and you will learn to love Prime with all of your black heart

I'm going to have to EMBRACE THE HATE when it comes to Prime.

I also was never able to find a copy of Fusion ANYWHERE. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You are confusing Other M with Metroid Prime 3. Other M pretty much sold worse than every other modern Metroid with the exception of Prime 2 and Metroid Prime Pinball.

Prime 2 was a million seller. Did Other M even get there?

Jezan

Well it's a good thing there were those 2 on the GBA right? so lets all make amends and you will learn to love Prime with all of your black heart

Curses, i've been rumbled! I regret missing Lyn in retrospect
I will never forget that japan time, waiting for the dojo update...then I read "Lyn" and was totally excited jumping around happily, to finally see the yellow icon...assist trophy :( /goes to sleep :(

I'm going to have to EMBRACE THE HATE when it comes to Prime.

I also was never able to find a copy of Fusion ANYWHERE. :(

Make like your avatar and RISE ABOVE HATE!
Fusion was great by the way, your inability to find it was clearly because you lacked the ability to scan shelves effectively for it, a trait you could have learned from Metroid Prime.

Make like your avatar and RISE ABOVE HATE!
Fusion was great by the way, your inability to find it was clearly because you lacked the ability to scan shelves effectively for it, a trait you could have learned from Metroid Prime.

This stupid Cena avatar is because of an avatar bet! I refuse to RISE ABOVE HATE.

And Fusion looked like so much fun. I hate all of the stores around me during that time!

I found Fusion on the 3DS eShop.
Is that an iPhone app?

Besides, I don't own a 3DS, and don't plan on getting one until Paper Mario and Majora's Mask and maybe one other game gets released, if that.

Snakey

On the topic of Lyn, she was probably the most insignificant lord in the series through a storyline point of view. Heck, her storyline is entirely skippable in the Japanese version of FE7. Since she is seen as "tutorial character", she is the least popular of the three FE7 lords in Japan. Placing her in as an Assist Trophy in Brawl was pretty much fanservice to the Western Smash Bros. fans.

Here is an official poll done by Intelligent Systems in regards to the most popular characters in FE7:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
On the topic of Lyn, she was probably the most insignificant lord in the series through a storyline point of view. Heck, her storyline is entirely skippable in the Japanese version of FE7. Since she is seen as "tutorial character", she is the least popular of the three FE7 lords in Japan. Placing her in as an Assist Trophy in Brawl was pretty much fanservice to the Western Smash Bros. fans.

Here is an official poll done by Intelligent Systems in regards to the most popular characters in FE7:

Wasn't this poll done on Nintendo's site? There are not enough readers who would randomly visit Intelligent System's website, nor have I ever seen a poll there.

This stupid Cena avatar is because of an avatar bet! I refuse to RISE ABOVE HATE.

And Fusion looked like so much fun. I hate all of the stores around me during that time!
It's funny because I was the one who rustled up that horrible Cena face in the first place, therefore making me an inadvertent accomplice to your humiliation.

Erk down at 21? Nino at 1? I don't agree with this at all!

But Eliwood and Hector are ranked higher than her, and Roy is ranked first in the poll to his own game (as well as for a poll in regards to all three of the GBA Fire Emblems).

Out of curiosity are there any polls for the other FE games that got worldwide releases?
Also I had no idea Roy was actually that popular, I guess they would be pretty peeved by his Brawl exclusion in that case.

Snakey

Out of curiosity are there any polls for the other FE games that got worldwide releases?
Also I had no idea Roy was actually that popular, I guess they would be pretty peeved by his Brawl exclusion in that case.

The only other Japanese Fire Emblem polls that I know of are a similar character poll that was done for FE8 (Sacred Stones), and a much smaller poll done for FE4 (only showed the Top 5). I will need to dig around to find the Sacred Stones poll, but here is the one for FE4 (Seisen no Keifu):
http://serenesforest.net/media/tcg/x/vote_i.PNG

Also, in regards to your second statement, yes, the Japanese Smash fanbase was very bitter about Roy's removal (as well as Mewtwo's). I actually saw more requests for those two characters than any "true" newcomer in regards to Smash 4.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They should really improve Samus in Smash, she was gimped in Brawl.

Also make her charge shot more similar to her games, albeit less broken.

Snakey

Unfortunately, Samus and Link being bottom-tier characters is the norm as far as Smash Bros. goes. Samus and Link were at their best in Melee. I feel Samus was given more weaknesses so as to encourage more people to play with Zero Suit Samus.

The only other Japanese Fire Emblem polls that I know of are a similar character poll that was done for FE8 (Sacred Stones), and a much smaller poll done for FE4 (only showed the Top 5). I will need to dig around to find the Sacred Stones poll, but here is the one for FE4 (Seisen no Keifu):
http://serenesforest.net/media/tcg/x/vote_i.PNG

Also, in regards to your second statement, yes, the Japanese Smash fanbase was very bitter about Roy's removal (as well as Mewtwo's). I actually saw more requests for those two characters than any "true" newcomer in regards to Smash 4.
Ah, thanks for this.
This reminds me that a lot of the japan only FE games got ignored in Brawl from stickers to music, I wonder if that was as to not alienate the western fanbase or something, melee had quite a few trophies of really obscure games towards the back of the trophy lineup but Brawl kept with the more known stuff for the most part.

Oddly I didn't enjoy playing as Samus until Brawl, I don't even know why either.

Snakey

Ah, thanks for this.
This reminds me that a lot of the japan only FE games got ignored in Brawl from stickers to music, I wonder if that was as to not alienate the western fanbase or something

Actually every Fire Emblem game that was made up until Brawl's release did receive some form of content in Brawl, with the exception of FE4 (Seisen no Keifu) and FE5 (Thracia 776). However, the trophies for Fire Emblem in Brawl. were pretty much just model rips from FE9 (Path of Radiance) and FE10 (Radiant Dawn).

It's funny because I was the one who rustled up that horrible Cena face in the first place, therefore making me an inadvertent accomplice to your humiliation.
WAT

KB2NV.gif

KevinCow

Banned
I want the ghost from Geist to have a trophy.

Not even an assist trophy. Just a regular ass trophy, to acknowledge that the game existed and is a unique IP that Nintendo owns.

Yeah, I know that I'm the only person who liked Geist, and I'm okay with that.

Though on the topic of western-developed, Nintendo-owned IPs that have been woefully neglected: Eternal Darkness. It at least needs a stage. Imagine the sanity effects!

WAT

http://i.imgur.com/KB2NV.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=34054437&highlight=#post34054437"]Right here[/URL], You can commence your thanks at any time.

[quote="Billychu, post: 34966111"]whats a cena[/QUOTE]
Clearly the next third party rep for smash bros, he'll make Meta Knight look tame by comparison.

[quote="KevinCow, post: 34966688"]I want the ghost from Geist to have a trophy.

Not even an assist trophy. Just a regular ass trophy, to acknowledge that the game existed and is a unique IP that Nintendo owns.

Yeah, I know that I'm the only person who liked Geist, and I'm okay with that.

Though on the topic of western-developed, Nintendo-owned IPs that have been woefully neglected: Eternal Darkness. It at least needs a stage. Imagine the sanity effects![/QUOTE]

The Geist multiplayer mode with the ghosts vs hosts was amazing and made the game worthwhile, ah mashing the buttons to avoid being dragged into dangling electric cables by a ghost was truly terrifying.
An Eternal Darkness stage would be great fun, I fondly remember the sanity effect that had Maximilian Roivas blow his head off when attempting to reload his gun. It will probably never happen though due to the tone of the game.

Jezan

Four reps from FE are fine: Marth, Roy, Ike and Lyn all have a different styles in the games, of course Roy would have to be reworked.

And also 5 pokemon reps: Trainer, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and the new one they will want to promote. :)

In before anyone says "Mewtwo is not popular enough", at least is not a dumb choice as wanting Shy Guy/Hammer bros/Koopa Troopa to be playable.

Bring back the red shells

KevinCow

Banned
An Eternal Darkness stage would be great fun, I fondly remember the sanity effect that had Maximilian Roivas blow his head off when attempting to reload his gun. It will probably never happen though due to the tone of the game.
Not the sanity effects like that, sure. But the sillier and/or fourth wall breaking stuff would fit perfectly in Smash. Mess around with the HUD. Make everyone huge. Make a million Bob-Ombs appear and blow everyone up. Swap player controller inputs. Have the screen go black for a second then pop up the game's title screen, as if the console's been reset.

Then, after a few seconds, flash back to before the sanity effect happened.

For the stage setting itself, just set it in the mansion, then occasionally flash to a hell dimension with a giant god monster stomping around in the background.

GamerSoul

But Eliwood and Hector are ranked higher than her, and Roy is ranked first in the poll to his own game (as well as for a poll in regards to all three of the GBA Fire Emblems).

I understand your point but I think Lyn would be a good female representative for FE since she has already been seen stateside and is in Brawl. In fact, if players started the game from the the Prologue Lyn was the first character you basically encountered, if I remember correctly :3 soo she has significance to newer FE western fans like myself. For a series that has such an amazing cast of both male and female characters it's a shame they don't rep both. Eli and Hector are awesome and I'd liek to play as them but if there was a limit I'd take Her and return Roy so both cases would be happy.

Snakey

I understand your point but I think Lyn would be a good female representative for FE since she has already been seen stateside and is in Brawl.

This type of thinking is foolish. There should not be more female characters just for the sake of having more female characters.

Also, to illustrate that selecting on the basis of "b00bs" is not important to Intelligent Systems, keep in mind that when Sakurai went to Intelligent Systems during Brawl's development (because he did not know who to put in as Fire Emblem's Brawl newcomer), FE10 (of which Micaiah, a female lord, is one of the two lords) was in the middle of development. Instead of Intelligent Systems's simply telling him to use Micaiah (as the purpose of an advertisement), they suggested Ike to him instead (which was a better choice since Ike was prominent in both games to the Tellius arc).

For those who do want more female characters, your best bet is with Palutena and Medusa. They are both characters that are both VERY important to their series of origin (Kid Icarus), and also Sakurai being extremely familiar with both of those characters. Some might be upset that a small series such as Kid Icarus would even get three playable characters, but if new female characters are to be added, these two would be the most appropriate since they are both actually important characters to their series (whereas female characters in many other series are usually only minor side characters).

Just look at the recently launched official Kid Icarus Uprising website and see what two other characters are in the character sections besides Pit:
http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/characters.html

There are also going to be two anime OVAs centered around Palutena, and one anime OVA centered around Medusa.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This type of thinking is foolish. There should not be more female characters just for the sake of having more female characters.

Also, to illustrate that selecting on the basis of "b00bs" is not important to Intelligent Systems, keep in mind that when Sakurai went to Intelligent Systems during Brawl's development (because he did not know who to put in as Fire Emblem's Brawl newcomer), FE10 (of which Micaiah, a female lord, is one of the two lords) was in the middle of development. Instead of Intelligent Systems's simply telling him to use Micaiah (as the purpose of an advertisement), they suggested Ike to him instead (which was a better choice since Ike was prominent in both games to the Tellius arc).

For those who do want more female characters, your best bet is with Palutena and Medusa. They are both characters that are both VERY important to their series of origin (Kid Icarus), and also Sakurai being extremely familiar with both of those characters. Some might be upset that a small series such as Kid Icarus would even get three playable characters, but if new female characters are to be added, these two would be the most appropriate since they are both actually important characters to their series (whereas female characters in many other series are usually only minor side characters).

Just look at the recently launched official Kid Icarus Uprising website and see what two other characters are in the character sections besides Pit:
http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/characters.html

There are also going to be two anime OVAs centered around Palutena, and one anime OVA centered around Medusa.

I bet we will get three Kid Icarus characters. (Included Pit) If we understand how Sakurai work.

GamerSoul

For those who do want more female characters, your best bet is with Palutena and Medusa. Characters that are both VERY important to their series of origin (Kid Icarus), and also Sakurai being extremely familiar with both of those characters. Some might be upset that a small series such as Kid Icarus would even get three playable characters, but if new female characters are to be added, these two would be the most appropriate since they are both actually important characters to their series (whereas female characters in many other series are usually only minor side characters).

My choice for Lyn really has nothing to do with boobs. I'm a fan of the series and I don't see her as that. The FE series has many unique characters and I think she would be a great, unique, familiar choice. It's more of the fact that she has relevance to FE fans who started and enjoyed the series from FE7 onward. I agree that Ike was a better choice. She's also a different and unique type of Lord like Ike and wields Mani Katti which has more possiblitites for a moveset. There's also the added fact she can wield a bow which can even add more to her dynamic. I would love more female characters and I'll admit that but they have to be more than just a pair of tits, imo. I think Lyn has more potential than that.

And I kinda already believe Palutena and Medusa will be in. They can practically use the same model and make them slight clones. It's an easy choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom