• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

cajunator

Banned
Football yay!

Last night, like the night before it totally fucking sucked at work.
Hopefully the Saints cheer me up today instead of put me in a greater funk because tonight is also gonna be rough as hell.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Football yay!

Last night, like the night before it totally fucking sucked at work.
Hopefully the Saints cheer me up today instead of put me in a greater funk because tonight is also gonna be rough as hell.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Graham has a partially torn plantar fascia, and that he’ll get relief only if/when it fully tears.

Sorry, bro.

Here's an example of what I was talking about the other day, squicken. Philbin is not one to change his philosophies overnight:

Q: Have you, or the coaching staff under your direction, changed direction and done anything different so that you get a different result?

A: “Not necessarily, no. We feel good about the process we have in place. We feel good about the schedule that we have in place. We think this gives our players a chance to get themselves prepared both mentally and physically — on the field, rested, with enough time in the classroom. We’ve kept things very, very similar because we feel like when we were winning, things were working, albeit we were in some close games then. We have to find a way, as I said to the team [Friday], to make plays that will determine the outcome of the game. And I think tape would tell you early in the year we were doing that and we haven’t been doing it as often or frequently and that’s one of the reasons we haven’t won those games.”

Q: A knee-jerk approach is bad, but fundamentally, do you reject the idea that you have to do something different to get a different result?

A: “No, I try to stay true to the film. I watch the film or look at the film and say, ‘How can we get our guys … are there things we can do better from a staff standpoint? Are there things our players can do better? Should we play more zone and less man? Should we do more inside zone as opposed to outside zone? We’re always looking for some of those answers as we put the plan together. But I don’t know that fundamentally we just do something different just for the sake of doing something different.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/27/v-fullstory/3712914/armando-salguero-miami-dolphins.html

squicken

Here's an example of what I was talking about the other day, squicken. Philbin is not one to change his philosophies overnight:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/27/v-fullstory/3712914/armando-salguero-miami-dolphins.html

I get what he is saying. Not time to panic. I know the Giants had to face something similar with what they wanted to do with their vertical passing game, and seem to have decided to keep doing it

Saw something on Gilbride that was basically "Solid gameplans, zero innovation"

Go Gronk!
ku-xlarge_original.jpg

effzee

I love how we are being lumped in with the Giants as a terrible team.

I know we aren't good but a Dallas loss plus us winning against the Giants and we are tied again for first place. Giants are I believe a level behind.

But I am back to super nervous. Vick's hamstring will pop in front of of our eyes, Barkley will come in and throw at least 2 INTs, and the Eagles lose.

I know we aren't good but a Dallas loss plus us winning against the Giants and we are tied again for first place. Giants are I believe a level behind.

But I am back to super nervous. Vick's hamstring will pop in front of of our eyes, Barkley will come in and throw at least 2 INTs, and the Eagles lose.

Every team in the NFC East has been terrible so far, just the Giants have been more terrible so far.

Miguel

How to make more people give a damn about London games. Play them at 8am eastern. Guarantee you people will wake up and watch an extra game of football. Even you 5am-ers.

Field Yates said:
From @AdamSchefter: NFL sent video to all teams this week reviewing pushing penalty. It included 2 examples, 1 of which was Quinton Cople on Stephen Gostkowksi's game-tying FG from last week. That play was not called a penalty at the time, though league admits now it was one.

But Eznark said it wasn't worth the penalty, so I believe him.

Godslay

Banned
Time for Campbell to let his soul glo once again. Get it done Darryl Jenks.

Hope we get to see plenty of CJ and Ball today. Hearing that CJ is a better pass protector than Ball, so I'm curious how it plays out in game.

BigAT

Being in first in the East is not some sort of disqualifier from being a terrible team.

How to make more people give a damn about London games. Play them at 8am eastern. Guarantee you people will wake up and watch an extra game of football. Even you 5am-ers.
Great idea. Or even 10am ET. That way you've got games at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 8:30pm. Football all day. If they scheduled it that way they could put football in London 17x per season, once each week.

Godslay

Banned
Moar Knowshon.

As well as he has been playing in spots, I'd like to see the other two guys get more and more carries. Have to have a viable option if Knowshon goes down, and if we don't bring these guys along faster, it will put the team in a tough spot if/when Knowshon goes out. One of those three(Anderson, Ball, Hillman), have to step up. My money is on Anderson, looked better than Ball and Hillman, but sprained his MCL in preseason.

Peyton playing on sprained ankles.

He was walking/throwing fine in practice. Shouldn't be an issue or an excuse if they protect him.

Top Bottom