• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Milchjon

I hadn't heard of this, sounds interesting! I just love saying Thomas Müller's name a lot.

Dutch shares your love for the guy.

thomas-mueller.jpg

TheFatOne

#PermabanJNA

KJ Wright is better than Lavonte david?? Not quite sure I believe that!!

Also holy shit at the amount of snaps Mack, Levy, Keuchly, etc played

Collins and Hightower were pretty damn awesome for the Pats this year. It's great seeing linebackers playing for the Pats that can actually make plays unlike Mayo.

FTF

Damn sucks that Bell is out. I mean I figured he'd be out but now that it's definite it sucks. Oh well, go Steelers.

And looks like AJ is out so hopefully another Pats-Colts matchup next week.

Boom what? Dude played in less than half the snaps as Mosely, because he wasn't on the field for several games, and not on passing downs. I watched a shitload of Niners this year, and Borland is a great run stopper, but he doesn't rush the passer or drop in coverage. Not a bad player. I guess it depends on what's important to you, I like a player who doesn't need to come off the field, and we already have that in our OLBs. I'd take Mack and Mosley over him.

JNA

Banned
He wastes a down every time he gets the ball, is a drain of resources, and an active detriment to the offense.

So if Kuhn is first team, what the hell does that say about every other FB in the league? I don't know many other fullbacks to even say anything.

Sounds like the writers know much about the fullbacks in the league as much as I do. XD

eznark

Banned
He wastes a down every time he gets the ball, is a drain of resources, and an active detriment to the offense.

You know how much I hate Kuhn but that's not at all fair. Kuhn doesn't call the plays. He's great on ST, I'd hire him as a coach any day, at pretty much any position.

Keeping him around is Rodgers' fault. Giving him the ball is McCarthy's fault.

Boom what? Dude played in less than half the snaps as Mosely, because he wasn't on the field for several games, and not on passing downs. I watched a shitload of Niners this year, and Borland is a great run stopper, but he doesn't rush the passer or drop in coverage. Not a bad player. I guess it depends on what's important to you, I like a player who doesn't need to come off the field, and we already have that in our OLBs. I'd take Mack and Mosley over him.

So first it's he doesn't rate as well. Then when he rates better it's well he didn't play enough snaps. Keep moving the goalpost back!

One thing is sure: for being picked 2 rounds later borland has the more impressive rookie year

JNA

Banned
You know how much I hate Kuhn but that's not at all fair. Kuhn doesn't call the plays. He's great on ST, I'd hire him as a coach any day, at pretty much any position.

But then the question is who the hell do we even get to replace Kuhn? I have very little little knowledge about current Fullbacks in the league and it seems the writers know little as well. XD

eznark

Banned
That's not a bad idea for Philly honestly if Chip leaves

The ultimate thing would be Rex Ryan and getting someone like Gus Malzahn from Auburn to come in and run the offense.

After losing to Wisconsin is there any shine left on Malzahn? I was expecting some interesting offense, instead it took a garbage PI call, three awful interceptions and Stave at QB to even keep Auburn competitive.

Color me incredibly unimpressed. He's a product of the garbage conference he coaches in.

But then the question is who the hell do we even get to replace Kuhn? I have very little little knowledge about current Fullbacks in the league and it seems the writers know little as well. XD
There is no reason or need to replace him.

He's great on ST, I'd hire him as a coach any day, at pretty much any position.
Jarrett Bush is excellent at ST but I don't think anyone would want him to play with the 1st team defense. At this point the opportunity cost of keeping him is higher than his utility.

Yeah. Fair.

I think most any back besides Lacy (including randall cobb runs) are often a waste of a down. Starks is pretty damn below average.
Harris not playing baffles me but Starks not playing baffles me even more. My only thought is they were resting him for the playoff run or he's injured.

I'll agree about his averageness but there was a time this season where he was outplaying Lacy. Starks is a straight one-cut back which you need sometimes.

JNA

Banned
I think most any back besides Lacy (including randall cobb runs) are often a waste of a down. Starks is pretty damn below average.

I disagree. Starks imo has been serving well given his carries. He's been a nice contrast to Lacy I think.

eznark

Banned
Jarrett Bush is excellent at ST but I don't think anyone would want him to play with the 1st team defense. At this point the opportunity cost of keeping him is higher than his utility.

Yeah. Fair.

All I'm saying is Kuhn can't help the way he is used and in every capacity outside of ball carrier he is actually kind of excellent.

Ted Thompson is doing what he can to keep his front office together. On Friday, the Green Bay Packers general manager promoted Eliot Wolf to director of player personnel. Wolf had previously served as director of pro personnel for three years.

Wolf, the son of former 1990's Packers architect Ron Wolf, has been in the organization for 11 years.
FUCK YEAH!

Bobandy

Banned
I think Kelly is sticking around, these rumours always pop up this time of year....I think anyone who offers Rex a HC job is out of their mind...Kelly to Bills looks unlikely as Jim Scwartz is prob gonna be promoted to HC (maybe he can get carried off the field a few more times) The best news is the skins looking to give AJ Smith a larger role and more control in the front office hahahaha that franchise is truly the gift hat keeps on giving

eznark

Banned
If Chip Kelly goes to Michigan State I am going to be fucking furious.

NM I thought it was Dantonio not Narduzzi moving on

GIVE ME SOMETHING POSITIVE TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS SEASON DAMNIT.

You're right he needs to see more snaps but he has been incredibly impressive so far. Even if he regresses somewhat he is still a great pickup in the third round.

That beat in the ESPN wild card commercial is pretty nice. I don't know if that was created for the commercial or an actual song though.

Top Bottom