• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

PM me the link if you are my friend.

Perfect match!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172933&highlight=fire+emblem

7YtY2Ou.jpg

It's not out for preorder yet.

effzee

Lurie doesnt want to talk about who the GM is because he doesnt want to give away any secrets. lol

Was thinking the same thing but oddly enough the post presser interview with Roseman actually led me to believe Howie might be on the clock as well. He seemed almost ashamed.

Shockingly took responsibility for the shit drafts and the fact that he has to work on building relationships. Maybe Lurie finally told him "listen asshole many great people have left or had to be fired cause of you...get it right or you are next".

effzee

Howie Roseman said he was responsible for drafting Marcus Smith.

No shit. Chip almost from the beginning wanted to distance himself from that disaster.

Maybe Schwartz can somehow salvage him.

Smith might benefit from a switch to the 4-3. The Giants O Line is garbage, but Smith looked way better on the line in that game than he ever did standing up in the 3-4. Hopefully Marcus Smith is like Graham and has a few bust-worthy starting seasons before finding his role

Meh. 1 game where the Giants clearly cares less than the Giants.

I wouldn't cut him but this should be his last chance. Another wasted first round pick. Want to know who else was on the board at the time? Dereck Carr and Teddy B.

Fucking Howie.

effzee

Reid protege. What else should we expect? I can't believe he honestly said that.

I mean saying nothing about it would have been better. He actually attempted to answer the question, explain the stupidity, and somehow made it seem even worse.

WTF Doug? This is what the exhaustive search yielded Lurie?

This is going to be a long ass season or 2 until they are right back to hiring a new "savior" of the franchise. Though I get the feeling just because Doug is a "nice guy" he will get at least more time than Chip even if he has a worse track record.

Pederson said he was calling the 2nd half of games and Reid the first half of games. Why would any team do this? I don't think Reid was going to fire him but there's something strange about it all. Would Reid really sit idly by and let Pederson flush the season down the toilet with that late drive?

Yup makes no sense.

But Reid did the same thing in Philly with Marty Mornenweighdidhdggndgdgsd.

To either deflect blame from himself or Marty, he never made it clear who called the plays. Sometimes he did sometimes Marty did. Same issues with horrible short yardage play calls and time/clock management. Never 100% clear whose fault it was. Up until McNabb left, the medial and fans largely blamed him cause LOL DUMB BLACK QB but its pretty evident Reid has brain farts when it comes to pressure situations and quick decision are required.

Pederson's response seemed to be a PR move to let Philly fans know "hey I've done things I even called the 2nd half of games!"

Hooray!

effzee

Overall here is my takeaway from today's PR showcase by the Eagles.

Lurie LOL whatever dude. You bold face lied in Sept giving Chip a verbal blowjob about how you have never met such a cultivator of culture, environment, and an overall football program. How there is no doubt about his coaching and personnel capabilities.

3 months later you fired him and today told us the process for a new coach had already begun before you even fired him. So what was the truth? Chip was Chip all 3 seasons so if you didn't like how he interacted with you, with Howie, and how he treated the players, then you knew this after season 1 and season 2.

Why then did you give him total power? Why did you let him gut the roster in his vision if in reality he was hanging on by a thread? I've said it over and over - if you wanted to fire him go ahead and do it before the season started and before you created a terrible situation by giving him total power but keeping Howie around. And if you give him total power, then you have to see it through for more than 1 season.

Fucking moron.

Doug Meh. Seemed a little nervous. Stupid answer to question about KC last drive. Nothing inspiring. Hope he can combine different offense ideas and do what he says he will - run a system that best fits the players.

Schwartz Best move so far and I bet off the whole offseason. If they switch to a 4-3 and because of the by product of a normal offense, I think the Eagles D stands to improve a lot and I am excited to see what he does.

I also think he sees the Eagles DC job as a high profile job with some talent on D he can morph into a great group so he might be included back in HC talks next off season.

Howie Surprisingly Howie came across as the best person. My opinion on him hasn't changed, but at least he seemed remorseful for what has taken place within the FO and his direct role in it. He talked about working on himself and improving how he works with people. Talked about how he was responsible for terrible drafts. Seemed the most honest of all the speeches today.

Roseman's Q & A plus Lurie's comments about holding Howie accountable & searching for a head Personnel guy gives me a glimmer of hope that Lurie is finally putting Howie on the clock. Still worried they won't clarify who has what role and is ultimately responsible, but shocked Howie took responsibility at all.

My dream scenario would be that Doug's KC connect will help him land someone like Chris Ballard. Would be a lateral move but maybe they can promise him the GM role a year down the road plus a lot more money. I'd feel so much more confident about FA and the draft moving forward if they actually got a football guy to scout and make decisions on free agency and the draft.

Let's see how they go about this search. Loved the Philly media asking some tough ass questions to all 3. They deserve it.

Zach Berman

✔@ZBerm
Jim Schwartz joked the one of 1st questions to Pederson was what took so long on last drive. "The honeymoon's short in Philadelphia, man!"

Damn where is everybody?

Report: Eagles to hire John DeFilippo as QBs coach
January 20, 2016, 1:00 am

DeFilippo is the son of one-time Vllanova athletic director Gene DeFilippo. He played football at Radnor High School and was a backup QB at James Madison.

DeFilippo is the Eagles’ fifth quarterbacks coach in five years, following Pederson in 2012, Bill Lazor in 2013, Bill Musgrave in 2014 and Ryan Day last year.

The only quarterback the Eagles have under contract is Mark Sanchez. DeFilippo was his position coach with the Jets in 2009.

Curiously, DeFilippo was recruited out of Radnor High School by then-New Hampshire offensive coordinator Chip Kelly, and he interviewed recently with the 49ers before they hired Kelly. That could have been for a role under Kelly or Tom Coughlin, who he has coached under.

DeFilippo also interviewed earlier this month for the offensive coordinator job with the Rams.

Confirmed on Pederson’s staff are defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, special teams coach Dave Fipp, running backs coach Duce Staley and secondary coach Cory Undlin.

In addition, Frank Reich is expected to become offensive coordinator, Tim Hauck assistant defensive backs coach and Ken Flajole something on the defensive side of the ball.

DeFilippo, just 37, has 16 years of college and NFL coaching experience on the offensive side of the football.

He started out after college as quarterbacks coach at Fordham, then moved to Notre Dame (graduate assistant) and Columbia (quarterbacks) before getting his first NFL job in 2005 as an offensive quality control coordinator under Coughlin with the Giants.

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin gave him his first shot as a position coach, hiring him in 2007 as quarterbacks coach. After two years, he went to the Jets and served for one year as Rex Ryan's quarterbacks coach, where Sanchez was the starter.

DeFilippo moved back to the college ranks in 2010 as quarterbacks coach at San Jose State and after two years returned as QBs coach with the Raiders, this time under Dennis Allen.

Last year was DeFilippo’s first and only year as offensive coordinator with the Browns under Mike Pettine. The Browns ranked 30th in the NFL in points and 25th in yards. Pettine and his staff were fired at the end of the season.

Interestingly, Gene DeFilippo, as athletic director at Boston College, interviewed then-Eagles secondary coach John Harbaugh for B.C.’s head coaching job in 2007.

He hired Jeff Jagodzinski instead. Harbaugh became head coach of the Ravens a year later and won a Super Bowl in his fifth season.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm just more of the opinion that coaching and front office instability tends to follow on-field failures more than the other way around. If the team is winning on the field, all that front office turmoil goes away.

In short, I don't really care who is running the front office, just draft a QB who can play.
No way I feel comfortable with the guy who caped for Marcus Smith picking a qb.

And that brings us to one issue that was addressed only in passing during Tuesday's marathon news conference introducing Pederson as head coach of the Eagles. See, it makes it awfully hard for a head coach to cater to his players' strengths if he has players who do not have any. Or, at least, if his players' strengths are weaker than the strengths of the players on the opposite team. The Eagles' biggest need at this point is to find a personnel chief with a track record of getting the kinds of players who will give Pederson and Schwartz the options they need.

Lurie said Tuesday that he was about to begin a search for just such a man, although he refused to offer a hint as to the exact nature of the position he will be looking to fill. It seems clear that executive vice president of personnel Howie Roseman - who last year at this time had just been demoted - will have some kind of role. Pederson also will have input. But who will answer to whom remains to be seen.

"Given the competitive nature of that search, what I'd like to do is really talk to you more about structure and the exact nature of those once the search is over," Lurie said, "because I don't want to sort of telegraph anything we're doing."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...boss_a_chief_concern.html#F70O0KTGaekK5Byw.99

Please God or baby Jesus or Brother Mohammed or Uncle Buddha. Anyone but Howie.

Oh yeah, Fuck the Pats

Dragon

Banned
Nobody is talking about Manning’s alleged HGH use these days, partly spun by the fact that the aging quarterback more resembles Jim Sorgi than the old Peyton Manning, but also bred from the NFL’s overwhelming edict to protect its most visible spokesperson. CBS play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz, who happens to share the same promotional agent as Manning, still hasn’t even whispered about the controversy through the pair of Bronco games that he’s broadcast since the report went live late last month. ESPN analysts have scoffed at the journalistic integrity of the report’s source, which is rich coming from a network that might as well green light “Agendas” to be its latest embrace of debate programming. The NFL hasn’t even retained the services of one Ted Wells, who made the phrase “more probable than not” the modern-day equivalent of being guilty with reasonable doubt over the course of his investigation into the Patriots’ alleged use of deflated footballs.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...VD54WJPBRzGgSPezGGbM/story.html?p1=well__main

Eric Wilbur going in on Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom