• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJY4GsEWAAAAtVF.jpg:large

As St. Louis sheds a silent tear :(

What state?

And to be fair isn't the stadium a complete dump? Everyone is waiting for the new state of the art one, no?

It's been somewhat upgraded but yeah it's still kind of a dump, even if they stay losing with a new indoor stadium more people will show up since they don't have to sit in the sun....how much more though we'll see...

JABEE

The Giants are a disappointment. I thought they would be competitive. The Cowboys couldn’t finish and the Giants did nothing.

Need all-22 to see what he's looking at.

I don't have any confidence in McAdoo's route concepts or creativity.

Neither does Eli apparently.

I mean when you're down 16 points you HAVE to at least take a look to see if someone got down the field for single coverage. Checkdowns and middle field shit isn't going to cut it. The worst he could be doing here is short out routes and they're not even doing that.

Cagey

Banned
Neither does Eli apparently.

I mean when you're down 16 points you HAVE to at least take a look to see if someone got down the field for single coverage. Checkdowns and middle field shit isn't going to cut it. The worst he could be doing here is short out routes and they're not even doing that.
The chances of winning when Eli got the ball back were probably 0.001%. Who cares if he has Vereen in his PPR league.

6-10 might have been too generous of a prediction for the Giants.

They play all sorts of games on a short schedule this year and straight up COULDN'T move the ball against what was supposed to be the worst secondary in the league. Maybe things will change with OBJ in the game, but I can't see him single handedly being worth three more scoring drives when you were lucky to cross midfield more than once all game.

Their offense legit looked worse than the Jets did today. That's fucking sad.

Zeke

I'm hyped for the Broncos game next week. Hopefully the offense can finish drives, pretty happy with what I saw from Jaylon too. Also congratulations to the senator for breaking Irvins record. Couldn't be a more deserving player to do it.

Jaylon Smith is a fucking built human being.

states out here dying for any team

even fucking hockey

I've always wondered why the NFL hasn't tried to push another Green Bay style franchise. Take some moderately sized midwest town that's small enough to not be a "metropolis" but big enough to fill up a stadium. Get the community to rally around having SOMETHING they can do other than your typical small town redneck bullshit.

Curious to see what they do if neither LA team really winds up working out.

Dak was nothing special tonight, not deserving at all of a game ball

Who would you give it to?

Dak had 250+ yards, a TD, and no turnovers. Zeke barely had 4 yards a carry (Although 140 from scrimmage is good). Nobody cracked 70 yards receiving. Nobody had a CRAZY defensive game, Demarcus Lawrence maybe with 2 sacks but it's not like he was in the backfield much otherwise.

Who's left? Their kicker? lol.

Dak had 250+ yards, a TD, and no turnovers. Zeke barely had 4 yards a carry (Although 140 from scrimmage is good). Nobody cracked 70 yards receiving. Nobody had a CRAZY defensive game, Demarcus Lawrence maybe with 2 sacks but it's not like he was in the backfield much otherwise.

I'm okay with Dan Bailey getting it :p

Bitanator

General Lee

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jaylon Smith is a fucking built human being.

I've always wondered why the NFL hasn't tried to push another Green Bay style franchise. Take some moderately sized midwest town that's small enough to not be a "metropolis" but big enough to fill up a stadium. Get the community to rally around having SOMETHING they can do other than your typical small town redneck bullshit.

Curious to see what they do if neither LA team really winds up working out.
Green Bay isn't really that small though considering they count Milwaukee as a media market. In terms of media markets they are still ahead of 5-7 teams and essentially function as a team that just happens to play several hours away from it's biggest city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom