• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you give it to?

Dak had 250+ yards, a TD, and no turnovers. Zeke barely had 4 yards a carry (Although 140 from scrimmage is good). Nobody cracked 70 yards receiving. Nobody had a CRAZY defensive game, Demarcus Lawrence maybe with 2 sacks but it's not like he was in the backfield much otherwise.

Who's left? Their kicker? lol.

Lee, Zeke, and Witten

C9efnSkVwAAextj.jpg

https://twitter.com/WhatHeLooksLike

Green Bay isn't really that small though considering they count Milwaukee as a media market. In terms of media markets they are still ahead of 5-7 teams and essentially function as a team that just happens to play several hours away from it's biggest city.

Plus they have such a long history there that would be very difficult to establish in another smaller city without giving them an already good team.

Bitanator

Was an ugly game from cowboys, something about the Giants Dline that gets them. Frederick had fits against Snacks, that is one powerful man to get Frederick out of position

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Plus they have such a long history there that would be very difficult to establish in another smaller city without giving them an already good team.
And for a long part of the Packers history they did play 2-4 games a year in Milwaukee. It just became unfeasible over time to share a baseball stadium for half their home games (and it's not a coincidence that they stopped once they had Favre to drag in crowds to Green Bay).

How did Giants only manage to score 3 pts against Cowboys?

It's usually tight and contested between our 2 teams.

How did Cowboys only manage to score 19?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Offensive line play is important. Who knew?

Also, do we need to put out an apb for Texans-gaf? Have any of them posted since their destruction at the hands of team gata?

Also, do we need to put out an apb for Texans-gaf? Have any of them posted since their destruction at the hands of team gata?

Dallas Cowboys front office knew. Thats why we got 3 first rounders in our o-line even tho people were whining and questioning those draft choices at the time. No one questions it anymore.

JABEE

Brandon Graham is the reason why you don't quit on guys after two seasons.

I think Agholor may be the next example to add to this cautionary lesson.

Servbot24

Banned
Who would you give it to?

Dak had 250+ yards, a TD, and no turnovers. Zeke barely had 4 yards a carry (Although 140 from scrimmage is good). Nobody cracked 70 yards receiving. Nobody had a CRAZY defensive game, Demarcus Lawrence maybe with 2 sacks but it's not like he was in the backfield much otherwise.

Who's left? Their kicker? lol.
Eli Manning

watershed

Banned
Are any Seahawks fans tired of Pete Carroll subtly/not so subtly blaming the defense for our losses? Our defense is clearly the best phase of our team but he always dodges or makes excuses for the offense and Russ but will consistently suggest the defense didn't give the team a chance to win the game. That's bs. Our offense is not doing their part.

JABEE

When did Reid leave? I assume Graham was doing nothing during the Chip era.

2012. I guess the biggest complaint, one I had, was they passed on Earl Thomas.

Earl Thomas is the better player, but Brandon Graham was not a bust. And I know a lot of fans were thinking that after Graham's underwhelming rookie season and injuries.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I've always wondered why the NFL hasn't tried to push another Green Bay style franchise. Take some moderately sized midwest town that's small enough to not be a "metropolis" but big enough to fill up a stadium. Get the community to rally around having SOMETHING they can do other than your typical small town redneck bullshit.
Hell yeah, I'm ready for the Asheville Mountain Goats

Striker

Dallas Cowboys front office knew. Thats why we got 3 first rounders in our o-line even tho people were whining and questioning those draft choices at the time. No one questions it anymore.
Draft picks early is great but they need to pan out. Tyron Smith could have been someone like Greg Robinson.

The Giants have invested early picks on the line but they all came later than they needed to be. The 2010-2012 drafts more importantly. The Diehl/O'Hara/Snee/McKenzie group was on the way out and they only drafted Will Beatty before those years as a premium pick. Then FA bust David Baas happened. Flowers, Pugh and Richburg were high picks but they aren't maulers like Dallas or Tennessee has.

And signing John Jerry as depth - ok whatever. Injury happens and he starts, and he has never lost his starting job despite being pathetic as a run blocker (at 330 lbs no less) and his strength is pass pro and quite frankly he isn't great at that either. Jerry Reese has boned this team as a contender from those drafts and never recovering from it.

MechDX

OB is dead man walking. Savage pressured on almost 80% of his drop backs. Going to Watson was a huge mistake that now will likely cost him his job

I literally have no clue what the hell happened to the defense

All 3 TEs on the roster are now in concussion protocol with a total of 6 players with concussions and they play again in 4 days...

The offensive line, other than center, is in shambles

Media members here who try tp always find the bright side cant defend it because there were absolutely no positives

Can we all agree the NFC East have the best rivalries? We all hate each other. It's so sweet. Reminds me of some Thanksgivings in my family.

All hail Wentz our savior.

OB is dead man walking. Savage pressured on almost 80% of his drop backs. Going to Watson was a huge mistake that now will likely cost him his job

I literally have no clue what the hell happened to the defense

All 3 TEs on the roster are now in concussion protocol with a total of 6 players with concussions and they play again in 4 days...

The offensive line, other than center, is in shambles

Media members here who try tp always find the bright side cant defend it because there were absolutely no positives

Fiedorowicz has got to be a major concern. He had a concussion at the end of last season, one in the preseason, and another now. He needs to seriously consider the ramifications of continuing to play

Sky Chief

Had a super busy day and just watched all the highlights. God, looks like some really ugly football played today. Most highlights are closer to bloopers than anything. Some of the tackling in particular this week was comical. What is the point of preseason if nobody takes it seriously (except Antonio Brown)?

squicken

No team had a worse week one than the Texans. It's not even close. They had Super Bowl aspirations and now they have nothing. Not even a high draft pick to look forward to

Milchjon

It appears to be friend Dutch's birthday!

I suggest we all celebrate it by wishing him and his New England Patriots all the best!

Forcing a young QB who's not ready into the game is a bad decision. Doing so when the offensive line is Swiss cheese is playing Russian roulette. Doing both of those things two quarters into the season makes you look like an indecisive fool who doesn't know how to evaluate the QB position. The whole situation is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom