• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

I was talking to Pats fans. Stay out of this.

Go back to Jaguaring!

jaguaring.jpg

Im not even a Jaguar fan

eznark said:
What should I play tonight. I finished up FC3 and now have a billion games staring at me and I can't decide.
What did you think of Far Cry 3?

I just
killed Vaas and made my way to the Southern Islands
. Outside of wanting to see how it all ends, it's outlasted its welcome for me at this point.

Just read that Rob Ryan was skipping defensive meetings late in the season and that the linebackers coach had to run them as a result.

Good riddance, you overrated, blowhard, Buddy Ryan hellspawn.

Miguel

If the seats are bad just have a party at your place. Better view of the game.

You can spend the money saved on hookers and blow.
If the Texans and Ravens win I'm going to the game one way or another. No chance in hell I could afford the SB, so this would be the next best thing. /theduce22

squicken

Just read that Rob Ryan was skipping defensive meetings late in the season and that the linebackers coach had to run them as a result.

Good riddance, you overrated, blowhard, Buddy Ryan hellspawn.

They said this about Del Rio in JAX after he left. That he just wanted to play golf. Looking good in Denver. Daggers come out when a guy leaves

And Rams aren't close to hiring him. Going to take some time for them to sort through candidates

They said this about Del Rio in JAX after he left. That he just wanted to play golf. Looking good in Denver. Daggers come out when a guy leaves

And Rams aren't close to hiring him. Going to take some time for them to sort through candidates

Difference is that Cowboys were fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season and the Jags were...well I'm sure gator can fill you in.

surprised by how many talking heads are picking the Ravens, especially after what Denver did in Baltimore. Are they just trying to go 'against the grain' and sound smart? I know Ray is back but that doesn't excuse the rest of the defense or the offense.

squicken

surprised by how many talking heads are picking the Ravens, especially after what Denver did in Baltimore. Are they just trying to go 'against the grain' and sound smart? I know Ray is back but that doesn't excuse the rest of the defense or the offense.

Peyton is 9-10 in the playoffs, and in losses averages 14 points a game. Indy columnists kind of sort of calls him a choker

http://blogs.indystar.com/kravitz/2013/01/11/on-another-great-chance-for-peyton-manning/

We also were missing Dannell Ellerbe (leading tackler), Bernard Pollard, Bernard Pierce, and Marshall Yanda. It would have been 10-7 at half, if Flacco didn't throw that indefensible pick 6.

Also Peyton is old and it's going to be real cold.

I still don't expect a win, but that's only because of Flacco on the road.

squicken

Did they say that while he was there? Talking about Peyton's record is tough when he was often dragging a team behind him. What are his numbers like?

When he was there Kravitz always said Brady > Peyton. Thought Peyton didn't perform the same in the playoffs

For ATL fans:

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
So many tickets still on secondary market for Seahawks at Falcons tomorrow. Get in price should be around $25 by kickoff.

We also were missing Dannell Ellerbe (leading tackler), Bernard Pollard, Bernard Pierce, and Marshall Yanda. It would have been 10-7 at half, if Flacco didn't throw that indefensible pick 6.

Also Peyton is old and it's going to be real cold.

I still don't expect a win, but that's only because of Flacco on the road.

That's a bad augment IMO. 'if they didn't have a turnover...' doesn't matter. It's not like they rolled dice; we read him and burned him. I don't think it will be a blowout, but a totally different Ravens team needs to show up. The weather won't help though.

That's a bad augment IMO. 'if they didn't have a turnover...' doesn't matter. It's not like they rolled dice; we read him and burned him. I don't think it will be a blowout, but a totally different Ravens team needs to show up. The weather won't help though.

Your comment was along the lines of, other than Ray, it's the same team. I named several other quality players who were out. Also, the argument about the pick 6 wasn't that we would have won; it was a closer first half than it appeared. Did you watch the game, though? It was a shit pass by Flacco. His fault, not a superior defensive play.

jakncoke

Banned
not a football expert but ravens 18:1 payout for winning superbowl right now. kinda wanna put down 25. dumb?

Well lets discuss this

Do they still employ Joe Flacco?
Is the same OC that thinks the offense should flow through Flacco instead of Ray Rice still employed?

Well lets discuss this

Do they still employ Joe Flacco?
Is the same OC that thinks the offense should flow through Flacco instead of Ray Rice still employed?

Jdavid, don't listen to this man. I actually am a football expert, and I say, why stop at 25 dollars? Bet it all. The more you bet, the more you make. Also, you bet on the Ravens, you become my friend, and you really can't put a price on that.

squicken

not a football expert but ravens 18:1 payout for winning superbowl right now. kinda wanna put down 25. dumb?

Moneyline for BAL is +350. Figure about the same if they played NE

Bet 100. Win 350. Let it ride. Ravens win, make 1475 and still have SB

Or bet 100 and make 1800, assuming Ravens win SB. Seems smarter play to just bet moneylines

Miguel

He corrected the date. He's ESPN's business guy. Don't think he's trolling. I wasn't either. Thought you guys who might want to go would find that pretty cool
As the game draws nearer (2-3 hours before the game) people get desperate to sell. 25 is a stupid number, but 40-50 wouldn't surprise me. Friend got into the Texans Bengals game by waiting til a little before kickoff and got in for about 75 per ticket

As the game draws nearer (2-3 hours before the game) people get desperate to sell. 25 is a stupid number, but 40-50 wouldn't surprise me. Friend got into the Texans Bengals game by waiting til a little before kickoff and got in for about 75 per ticket

Atlanta has bad fans though.
Majority of people will start filing in with hotdogs sometime during the 3rd quarter.

Miguel

I have 50 on Texans/Ravens to win at 20:1, and a season long $200 Texans AFC champs at 6:1. If 25 bucks ain't gonna hurt you, not the worst decision out there. Be prepared to lose those 25 bucks.

Miguel

Moneyline for BAL is +350. Figure about the same if they played NE

Bet 100. Win 350. Let it ride. Ravens win, make 1475 and still have SB

Or bet 100 and make 1800, assuming Ravens win SB. Seems smarter play to just bet moneylines
Nah, Ravens probably +250 if they face the Pats. Hard to put a huge number on a champ game. Im guessing point spread is around 6.5 if that happens.

/musberger

Hunter S.

Your comment was along the lines of, other than Ray, it's the same team. I named several other quality players who were out. Also, the argument about the pick 6 wasn't that we would have won; it was a closer first half than it appeared. Did you watch the game, though? It was a shit pass by Flacco. His fault, not a superior defensive play.

Flacco was not that bad for that game brah. The key to shouting down the ravens was how the broncos compleatly stopped Ray Rice only allowing 38 yards gained. Stopping the run first is Del Rios objective, that he achieved. If the same thing happens, I believe Baltimore will see similar results as in Maryland.

Flacco was not that bad for that game brah. The key to shouting down the ravens was how the broncos compleatly stopped Ray Rice only allowing 38 yards gained. Stopping the run first is Del Rios objective, that he achieved. If the same thing happens, I believe Baltimore will see similar results as in Maryland.

My prediction: Ravens 49, Broncos 7

Rice/Pierce combine for 378 yds 5 TDs

Jacoby Jones, 2 return TDs

Flacco 6-22 43 yds 3 INTs ( one being pick 6)

Manning out on first drive when Ray Lewis's frozen bionic arm slices through his neck. 15 yd penalty.

Hunter S.

My prediction: Ravens 49, Broncos 7

Rice/Pierce combine for 378 yds 5 TDs

Jacoby Jones, 2 return TDs

Flacco 6-22 43 yds 3 INTs ( one being pick 6)

Manning out on first drive when Ray Lewis's frozen bionic arm slices through his neck. 15 yd penalty.

Dude, the Ray Lewis we be freaking out on all that orange as it will remind him of life in an orange prison jump suit.

Rays last dance. And Flacco laying on the grass again.

Wøøøøøøøøøøø¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!!!
Da Broncos!!!!
United in Orange!!!

Is that the Broncos chant? I've been away from Baltimore home games for too long to know what they do now, but I'm sure it's trashy as fuck.

Dude, the Ray Lewis we be freaking out on all that orange as it will remind him of life in an orange prison jump suit.

He looks good in orange, see avatar. Or is it red? I can't tell on my phone.

squicken

Nah, Ravens probably +250 if they face the Pats. Hard to put a huge number on a champ game. Im guessing point spread is around 6.5 if that happens.

/musberger

Still, bet 450 on +250 and that initial 100 is now 1125. Ravens wouldn't be favorites to win the SB. Moneyline bets the whole way through is better than his 18:1

Godslay

Banned
We can go through what ifs all night but the fact of the matter is, at the start of the 4th quarter it was 31-3.

Besides that tomorrow is a new game with a rejuvenated Ravens D. The game should be closer. The question in my mind is can the Ravens score, and can their defense make adjustments in the 2nd half?

Peyton/Knowshon/Decker blew the doors off that D in the second half. Decker worked Williams over. That is troublesome.

All I want is to lock the gates behind them and take care of business. Too long of a week mulling over what will happen.

We can go through what ifs all night but the fact of the matter is, at the start of the 4th quarter it was 31-3.

Besides that tomorrow is a new game with a rejuvenated Ravens D. The game should be closer. The question in my mind is can the Ravens score, and can their defense make adjustments in the 2nd half?

Peyton/Knowshon/Decker blew the doors off that D in the second half. Decker worked Williams over. That is troublesome.

All I want is to lock the gates behind them and take care of business. Too long of a week mulling over what will happen.

Being honest, no, I don't think we'll win. Two reasons.

Joe Flacco on the road, and Peyton. You Broncos fans have watched him for a year as your QB. I've watched him as an opposing QB against the Ravens his entire career, and the results have been complete dominance. There's a chance we win, but it'll be an upset. And it's possible. We are a better team, health wise, than our last meeting. The weather could be a factor, and there is the Ray's last dance magic, which as we all saw with Orioles magic earlier this year, can make crazy shit happen.

If the O's can win 93 games, and nealy make the ALCS with magic, the Ravens can beat Peyton once.

Anyone else find yourself rooting for non-QB dominant teams? "Elite" QB's get the most views but it's my least favorite style of football to watch. Hoping Broncos, Patriots, and Packers all lose this weekend so we are left with all run/defense teams for the Superbowl.

Miguel

Anyone else find yourself rooting for non-QB dominant teams? "Elite" QB's get the most views but it's my least favorite style of football to watch. Hoping Broncos, Patriots, and Packers all lose this weekend so we are left with all run/defense teams for the Superbowl.
I love watching elite QBs like Rodgers, Manning and Schaub.

Godslay

Banned

I feel you. I'm excited for Von Miller, Doom, Champ, and Wolfe to go to work.

Top Bottom