• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason thread (i.e. Niners pre-superbowl domination thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dude..you high?

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dude..you high?

At this point I just picture this guy replying to FMT

_38424769_beer300.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LOL

I got this image in my head..

"Tical FMT!"
method_man.jpg

Matrix

I usually support sane people,but thats just me :p

Miguel

oh boy.

Texans 9-7, put up a strong performance against whoever their Wild Card round opponent is...but inexperience kicks in.

Bucs 11-5. Bucs vs Eagles in the NFC Championship round...Will the Eagles become the Bills of the NFC championship game?

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
DJ_Tet said:
Yeah now you know how Panther fans felt in 2002. 7-9, two last second losses to the damn World Championship Bucs. One of which was 12-9 in which our rookie QB set the NFL record for lowest QB rating. Sorry, can't feel too bad for ya, we should/could have swept you two years in a row. You got your ring, don't feel too bad for last year. If you knew how many games we lost in the last 3 min during the last two years, you'd understand how much the Panthers deserved that blocked XP in Tampa.

edit: by last two years, I mean the two years before the Panthers shocked the world in 2003. 1-15 and 7-9.

Ummm....your second loss of the 2002 season to the Bucs wasn't even close. In score or in actual play. Panthers scored first (TD to Steve Smith...over Lynch no less) and a FG later. I believe the score was like 24-10. and it wasn't even a close 24-10....

"Sorry, can't feel too bad for ya, we should/could have swept you two years in a row." <-you know the opposite of that applies just as well, right? So, I'm just going to say it right back to you: Sorry, can't feel too bad for [Panthers], [Bucs] should/could have swept [Panthers] two years in a row.

"One of which was 12-9 in which our rookie QB set the NFL record for lowest QB rating." <---Aw, c'mon! We played with Rob Johnson! He was the reason it was 12 pts! His sack happiness kept you all in the game. You make it sound like you weren't being helped. :p

Bowser, Head of the Panthers Triforce, where are you? Revoke Tet's license!

FMT = Sane, yet exaggerates. And funny.

Tet = Crazy. 3 Pts "short" of a Panthers win. ;)

FMT +1!

EDIT (after checking): 23-10 and like I said, after that initial TD it wasn't close.

Bowser

Oy, DJ, you went just a tad bit over the top there. I can understand the pain of the Panthers as a franchise (especially after the false hope that was instilled within us Panther fans after the '96 NFC Championship), but you didn't have to go to such extremes to make your point. And, really, the whole "don't play with my team online" thing was a silly, but you probably just got caught up in the heat of the, um, "battle." I'm not really the one to revoke anyone's "licenses (considering DJ's got about 12 years on me ;p)."

BTW, shouldn't it be the Panthers "deux"force (I guess)? There's DJ and I, the only (die-hard) Panthers fans.

DMczaf

Bowser said:
And, really, the whole "don't play with my team online" thing was a silly, but you probably just got caught up in the heat of the, um, "battle." I'm not really the one to revoke anyone's "licenses (considering DJ's got about 12 years on me ;p)."

What?! Dont mess up Bowser or else he'll ban you from the Panthers too! He's suffered more then anyone in the last century! We ought to create a national holiday for DJ's suffering! We should have parades in celebration of his suffering! What a man! A man's man!

tb-cry.jpg

Both you bitches shut up. The rams swept both your sorry asses in 2001!

2001 Week 2 RAMS 30 Whiners 26
2001 Week 9 RAMS 48 Panthers 14
2001 Week 13 RAMS 27 Whiners 14
2001 Week 15 RAMS 38 Panthers 32

:p

Ramirez

I'm late,but...

If your team is so good, why do you use MY team this year online? I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU USING THE PANTHERS EVER AGAIN BITCH.

That shit tore me up,LMAO!!

DJ_Tet

Banned
DMczaf said:
What?! Dont mess up Bowser or else he'll ban you from the Panthers too! He's suffered more then anyone in the last century! We ought to create a national holiday for DJ's suffering! We should have parades in celebration of his suffering! What a man! A man's man!

tb-cry.jpg

Not parades, just a team that didn't have murderer's or murderees would be nice, like last year for instance. Now if only we can win one more game :)

DJ_Tet

Banned
soulja224466 said:
Both you bitches shut up. The rams swept both your sorry asses in 2001!

2001 Week 2 RAMS 30 Whiners 26
2001 Week 9 RAMS 48 Panthers 14
2001 Week 13 RAMS 27 Whiners 14
2001 Week 15 RAMS 38 Panthers 32

:p

And the Rams became the second Super Bowl defending team to get swept by an "expansion team" in 2000 :)

Yeah i remember when warner came back from injury and threw like 4 picks against you guys! And scored 3 points iirc.

rams-panthers could be a good rivalry in the future think, we do have a past. :D

DJ_Tet

Banned
Yeah we owned Warner that year. It was crazy, our defense was horrible, offense was awesome. It seemed like every pass Warner threw that game was a pick.

You're right we do have a history, the playoff game this year was unreal, thought you guys had it won like twice, and we had it won three times. I was convinced we were gonna lose right at the end of OT, Rams driving and threw the pick to Ricky Manning. Then first play of Double OT...

Have you been a Rams fan long? First Panther game I went to was in 96 (first year in Ericsson/Bank of America stadium). Panthers won in a blowout against the Rams, but you may remember a highlight of Kevin Greene returning a fumble like 65 yards for a TD and doing a swan dive across the endzone lol. It was during the Tony Banks years if I recall correctly, so you've probably got that blocked out ;)

I'll never forget that Rams blowout in 2001. I think you guys were 6-0, and I didn't think you could possibly be for real. Damn that hurt.

I think we can both agree on one thing, F Vinateiri ;)

edit--2001 Week 15 RAMS 38 Panthers 32

I was at that game too. Man that game was unreal. Back and forth all day. We sat in the endzone as Ricky Proel had like a 60 yrd TD. Too bad our D was terrible.

edit2--Wasn't Ricky Proehl, was the other fast white dude Patrick Jeffers, my bad.

Fifty

He's the best player in the NFL and this is an NFL thread. I'm not going to get into a debate over charges he was cleared of.

DMczaf

DJ_Tet said:
He didn't pull the trigger or the blade, get defensive much?

Ray Ray is a dumbass, no denying that.

spocarruth.jpg

<FBI> God damn, you actually thought hiding in a trunk would work?!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DJ_Tet said:
He didn't pull the trigger or the blade

still a murderer in my mind, just didn't have the guts to do it himself.

FMT is supposed to be the looney NFL comic relief.

effzee

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7545924

this is the dumbest situation ever. the media is again blowing it out of proportion. over the weekend TO was harrassed as usual by the media with constant questions about the ravens and how he will face ray lewis. he usually says something like how he will line up against a corner and not ray lewis and try to downplay it. but this last time he mentioned how he isnt scared of being hit because ray lewis isnt the hardest hitter ever but is a great talent.

now really look at that comment, does that sound like an insult or TO trying to say "hey ive been hit b4, not like ray is the hardest hitter."

so this makes it to ray lewis and he goes on his little hissy fit which the above linked article mentions. ray claims TO better "keep his name out of his mouth to get airtime" and that "he doesnt even care about TO" and then ed reed chimes in with how TO is a nobody cause he didnt have a good game against the ravens last yr.

now these are the same players who would have been praising TO like crazy had he been on thier team, and while ray lewis didnt also really say anthing out of line the media is blowing this out of proportion.

seriously who is coming off looking bad here? i mean between the fans...are the raven fans really this blood thirsty that they want to get TO hurt cause of what he said? infact just look at what he said...he gets asked repeatedly everyday NOW IN TRAINING CAMP if he is scared of r lewis and stuff, this isnt even a game yet and wont be for a months. he didnt say anything bad in that he isnt afraid to be hit, has been hit b4, and that ray isnt the hardest hitter. thats all he said...he didnt insult the ravens, the raven fans, or anyone. the sameway he didnt do anything when he wanted the trade, which as he proved was illegitimate cause of the clauses in his contract which he proclaimed of.

in the end the raven fans or the owens haters are the ones looking pathetic here.

and ray needs to realise that TO has a rep already, whether a good one or bad, and it doesnt involve ray lewis one bit...TO doesnt need to mention his name to make himself into a star or anything, he already is.

ill be the first one to critisize TO when he does something stupid or says something stupid but this is really nothing, just like the stupid tights stuff was which was also blown out of proporion.

andthebeatgoeson

The only important thing to come out of that Sportsline column is this:
That was the first time I saw a popup window using Firefox. Have the bastards tapped into the unknown? I said window cuz nothing came up and I used Adblock to make sure nothing ever comes up. Somebody needs to write up an article on that.

effzee

skinnyrattler said:
The only important thing to come out of that Sportsline column is this:
That was the first time I saw a popup window using Firefox. Have the bastards tapped into the unknown? I said window cuz nothing came up and I used Adblock to make sure nothing ever comes up. Somebody needs to write up an article on that.

lmao same thing happened to me. the system is cracking.

effzee

MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN IS ON ESPN RIGHT NOW!!!!

why? i dont know but I LOVE IT! some football finally.

why is dallas plastered all over ESPN's coverage of the season?

i mean this is a time that finished 2nd in the division and lost in the wildcard. yeah they have parcells but enough is enough...they are not the favorites to do anything but with the way espn is covering them u would think they are the the favs to win it all. HELL CAROLINA ISNT EVEN COVERED AT ALL!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
effzee said:
MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN IS ON ESPN RIGHT NOW!!!!

why? i dont know but I LOVE IT! some football finally.

why is dallas plastered all over ESPN's coverage of the season?

i mean this is a time that finished 2nd in the division and lost in the wildcard. yeah they have parcells but enough is enough...they are not the favorites to do anything but with the way espn is covering them u would think they are the the favs to win it all. HELL CAROLINA ISNT EVEN COVERED AT ALL!

ESPN is doing a training camp tour, their first stop was Dallas's camp. A lot of people expect Dallas to do well, but not all of the camps they are going to are contendors(See the Giants).

andthebeatgoeson

I actually saw on ESPN Sean whathisface rate the Redskins higher than the Cowboys in the East this year. Like, WTF, they have Parcells, an ok QB, a decent defense, but once again, the Redskins get the preseason nod, above the Cowboys and he just overlooked the year the Cowgirls had last year cuz of...OMG Gibbs is back. He'll go out and catch a few passes if needed. Salsibury. He has fallen for the hype.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
skinnyrattler said:
I actually saw on ESPN Sean whathisface rate the Redskins higher than the Cowboys in the East this year. Like, WTF, they have Parcells, an ok QB, a decent defense, but once again, the Redskins get the preseason nod, above the Cowboys and he just overlooked the year the Cowgirls had last year cuz of...OMG Gibbs is back. He'll go out and catch a few passes if needed. Salsibury. He has fallen for the hype.

The cowboys overachieved last year. The Redskins underachieved, then added an upper level running back(although I still think he is overrated), replaced the shut down corner they lost with one who is just a level below him, added somebody who is considered one of the best safety prospects ever through the draft, and got a veteran QB who has been to title games.

Oh, and they dumped one of the bigger coaching flops in quite a few years and brought back the guy who took them to super bowl victories.

I think they have a right to be confident.

edit: Salisbury also said all last year that Parcells alone is worth two to three wins a year. His opinion is just that only two teams in that division will finish above .500 (Which I agree with, Eagles 10-6, maybe 11-5 and the second team might get a wildcard birth at 9-7), and happens to believe it to be the Redskins.

andthebeatgoeson

Archaix said:
The cowboys overachieved last year. The Redskins underachieved, then added an upper level running back(although I still think he is overrated), replaced the shut down corner they lost with one who is just a level below him, added somebody who is considered one of the best safety prospects ever through the draft, and got a veteran QB who has been to title games.

Oh, and they dumped one of the bigger coaching flops in quite a few years and brought back the guy who took them to super bowl victories.

I think they have a right to be confident.

edit: Salisbury also said all last year that Parcells alone is worth two to three wins a year. His opinion is just that only two teams in that division will finish above .500 (Which I agree with, Eagles 10-6, maybe 11-5 and the second team might get a wildcard birth at 9-7), and happens to believe it to be the Redskins.

My point is: Stop annointing them with these accolades until they do it. It's the same story for the past 5 years. Every fuckin year, I swear. How do we know which team over/underachieved last year? Well, at the end of THIS year, we'll have a good clue. It's like the media wants them to do well, overlooking the Cowboys. If anything, Parcells has proven to turn around franchises and to overlook them as a threat is ridiculous. My bet is on the Cowboys to be scary. Parcells has already cleared a big hurdle and will have them thinking they can actually win. Gibbs still has to do that.

BTW, how can the Redskins underachieve when they've only one 5 and 7 games over the past 2 seasons? Missing the playoffs 2+ years in a row isn't underachieving, it's a trend.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I find it funny that a Cowboy fan (assuming here) is crying that his team isn't getting enough national attention or respect ;)

effzee said:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7545924

this is the dumbest situation ever. the media is again blowing it out of proportion. over the weekend TO was harrassed as usual by the media with constant questions about the ravens and how he will face ray lewis. he usually says something like how he will line up against a corner and not ray lewis and try to downplay it. but this last time he mentioned how he isnt scared of being hit because ray lewis isnt the hardest hitter ever but is a great talent.

now really look at that comment, does that sound like an insult or TO trying to say "hey ive been hit b4, not like ray is the hardest hitter."

so this makes it to ray lewis and he goes on his little hissy fit which the above linked article mentions. ray claims TO better "keep his name out of his mouth to get airtime" and that "he doesnt even care about TO" and then ed reed chimes in with how TO is a nobody cause he didnt have a good game against the ravens last yr.

now these are the same players who would have been praising TO like crazy had he been on thier team, and while ray lewis didnt also really say anthing out of line the media is blowing this out of proportion.

seriously who is coming off looking bad here? i mean between the fans...are the raven fans really this blood thirsty that they want to get TO hurt cause of what he said? infact just look at what he said...he gets asked repeatedly everyday NOW IN TRAINING CAMP if he is scared of r lewis and stuff, this isnt even a game yet and wont be for a months. he didnt say anything bad in that he isnt afraid to be hit, has been hit b4, and that ray isnt the hardest hitter. thats all he said...he didnt insult the ravens, the raven fans, or anyone. the sameway he didnt do anything when he wanted the trade, which as he proved was illegitimate cause of the clauses in his contract which he proclaimed of.

in the end the raven fans or the owens haters are the ones looking pathetic here.

and ray needs to realise that TO has a rep already, whether a good one or bad, and it doesnt involve ray lewis one bit...TO doesnt need to mention his name to make himself into a star or anything, he already is.

ill be the first one to critisize TO when he does something stupid or says something stupid but this is really nothing, just like the stupid tights stuff was which was also blown out of proporion.

It’s just trash talk. It’s part of the fun of football. The media blow stuff like this out of proportion because it sells magazines. It also helps hype up what would be an otherwise meaningless preseason game when the Ravens play the Eagles. Lighten up.

My point is: Stop annointing them with these accolades until they do it. It's the same story for the past 5 years.

No, that's something people need to stop preaching. This offseason was very different for the Redskins, instead of just fishing for the biggest FA names, Dan Snyder brought back Joe Gibbs. He's a hall of fame coach very much on par with Parcells and he's got a more talented team to work with across both sides of the ball than Bill has in Dallas.

The Redskins have underachieved the past few years because they haven't had a coach who kept them disciplined or employed a system that would ever be successful in the NFL. I think Gibbs corrects both those problems and with the smart offseason moves they've made (see Archaix post) they'll have a good shot to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom