• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

For those that like media fights, Florio is whining about McGinn's article, and Greg Beddard is killing him about it

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
@ProFootballTalk maybe, but not all NFL writers r created equal. @BobMcGinn has earned the right to be treated differently than glory hounds

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah, Ware was 7 years $79 million with $40m guaranteed. Clay is essentially 6 years $69m with $31m guaranteed.

Love the deal for GB.

Considering Ware's deal was a number of years ago and contracts are just going up, that really is a good deal for Green Bay.

Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 2m
I'll b donating $500 4 every dropped pass this season 2 One Fund Boston. Now fans can cheer & boo me @ the same time! Also giving $500/TD!

Just for ez

$500? Should be more like $50,000.

Jerry Jones likes to overpay players ala Romo.

This is the one time I'll defend Jerry Jones but Ware was totally worth that.

Does he spend more money on his players or his plastic surgeon?

I hope he saved the receipt from the plastic surgeon.

jerry.jpg

ChanHuk

Banned
D. Ware is worth all the money you throw at him, he's a classy guy and best 3-4 OLB in the game. Waiting for FMT to come in and say Aldon Smith.

eznark

Banned
Aldon Smith is the most expensive player in football considering you need to pay an elite defensive end in addition just to make Smith mildly effective.

D. Ware is worth all the money you throw at him, he's a classy guy and best 3-4 OLB in the game. Waiting for FMT to come in and say Aldon Smith.

You said it for me brah!

Aldon had a torn shoulder muscle since the saints game. At least he has an excuse for his shoddy play late in the year. What is clay Matthews excuse?

eznark

Banned
You said it for me brah!

Aldon had a torn shoulder muscle since the saints game. At least he has an excuse for his shoddy play late in the year. What is clay Matthews excuse?

11 solo tackles and 4 sacks in the last three games. Guy really disappeared. He even threw in an interception just to prove how worthless he had gotten.

MechDX

The first 16 years of the Jags franchise is leaps & bounds better than what the Steelers did in their first 16 years.

Gata has an ally!
snes?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h
Sked: Broncos and Wes Welker vs. Patriots, Texans and Ed Reed vs Ravens, and Ravens and Elvis Dumervil vs Broncos.

Them plotlines

11 solo tackles and 4 sacks in the last three games. Guy really disappeared. He even threw in an interception just to prove how worthless he had gotten.

Yeah he really was impressive in the playoffs. Shut down the great joe Webb and then because he already got a taste of the option qb with Webb he shut down kap. Definitely earned that $30 mil

BigAT

NFL really needs to start creating videos like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3sQDRzaWU8

Just a fantastic breakdown of why White was suspended AND an explanation of what he should have/could have done to make this hit while avoiding suspension.

They put together something similar when the defenseless receiver hitting rules got put into effect, but it was bullshit. Cherry picked very specific plays where it was clear that the defender could have done the exact same thing, but the same technique would have been an illegal hit if the receiver was shorter or if the receiver had reacted slightly differently.

An example of a hit on Ramses Barden was used to show what was legal technique, but only because he is 6'7". Barden had 5 career catches in the NFL at that point.

eznark

Banned
They put together something similar when the defenseless receiver hitting rules got put into effect, but it was bullshit. Cherry picked very specific plays where it was clear that the defender could have done the exact same thing, but the same technique would have been an illegal hit if the receiver was shorter or if the receiver had reacted slightly differently.

An example of a hit on Ramses Barden was used to show what was legal technique, but only because he is 6'7". Barden had 5 career catches in the NFL at that point.

No, the NHL does that type of video for every single suspension and I think every single fine as well. I don't mean make one generic tutorial video, I mean break down exactly why a specific play was punished and what could have been done differently.

That type of transparency is awesome.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I really don't understand why people make such a big deal about the schedule getting released, aside from the NFL telling people it's a big deal. Your opponents for the year, which is the most important part of it all, is such a calculated thing and can basically be figured out years in advance. I just don't see what all the hype is about. Obviously the NFL tries to make every thing seem incredibly significant and they would make an event out of watching paint in the stadiums dry if they thought people would watch, but fans that buy into it is weird.

As others have said we need to know when to plan parties and for travel.

I make plans with my buddies for rival teams so we can watch.

And this year going to my first Browns game. Need to know when it is.

Did you not see his pro day? He was winded tying his shoes and had jiggling tits.
dammit I spill my drink lol at the last sentence.

E: thanks for the feedback. Titans need a big Rb badly and he's on top of the list. Lattimore might be a gamble in the 3rd round to take.

Talon

Joique Bell is "better Reggie Bush"

Thankfully he will never see the field!

Pancakes and goetta is a fucking amazing breakfast. I need to take the time to make this more often.
What does goetta taste like?

I'm on a kielbasa kick right now. Fresh 4 Lyfe (actually, I like Smoked just as much).

I despise having the draft on Thursday night. Putting it on a work day was such a fucked up thing to do. I used to go every year but now there is no way I can go. The Eagles even have a draft party that is free for season ticket holders but I cant go to that either since I would get home so late. It was so much better as a Saturday and Sunday thing.

I have a test the day after, so I can't watch round 1. Fucking stupid.

Again, if people still wanna join.

Someone needs to make a GAF group on

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/561

The NeoGAF Draft (Shirtless Edition) is born!

Password = Fatfort (with the capital)

squicken

dammit I spill my drink lol at the last sentence.

E: thanks for the feedback. Titans need a big Rb badly and he's on top of the list. Lattimore might be a gamble in the 3rd round to take.

I think the Titans are going for another guard. They have kind of said they have to stop Watt

Draxal

For those that like media fights, Florio is whining about McGinn's article, and Greg Beddard is killing him about it

@ProFootballTalk maybe, but not all NFL writers r created equal. @BobMcGinn has earned the right to be treated differently than glory hounds

WAAAAH UNNAMED SCOUTS WAAAAAAH.

Seriously, the only people who read McGinn's article are the ones who already knew half of the rumors already. It's not like he's exposing these secrets to the public at large.

squicken

Ted Thompson is a god. Matthews only guaranteed money is the signing bonus. That's nuts. Usually at least the first two years will have some form of guaranteed salary

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ted Thompson is a god. Matthews only guaranteed money is the signing bonus. That's nuts. Usually at least the first two years will have some form of guaranteed salary

Does that really even matter? It's not like they're going to cut him within the first 2 years of the deal.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nden-albert-permission-to-meet-with-dolphins/

Albert in MIA to take physical so two sides can talk trade and money

Does that really even matter? It's not like they're going to cut him within the first 2 years of the deal.

What if he fails 15 straight roids tests, or now that he got paid, cycles off permanently?

WAAAAH UNNAMED SCOUTS WAAAAAAH.

Seriously, the only people who read McGinn's article are the ones who already knew half of the rumors already. It's not like he's exposing these secrets to the public at large.

I had no idea Tavon Austin scored so low on his Wonderlic, but yeah, most of those rumors were out. The QB section comes out Saturday. That's when it hits the fan

Talon

This has become a bit of a trend in the past two years. Buccaneers have done this with every contract.

I love Bedard.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Analysts now reporting Detroit wants to trade back into the 20s to get more picks. Not sure how I feel about that, nor do I see any teams willing to do that.

Striker

:jnc Watt is going to command soooooo much damn money next year
I always wondered, who are the top FA's next year?

Giants' biggest one is undoubtedly going to be WR Hakeem Nicks. Cruz is still up in the air.

May be that time to use the Franchise tag on Nicks. Will be nice to get out of Snee, Rolle, and Tuck's deals, though.

effzee

I tried to look up that conversation only to find Florio has blocked me. What a coward.

Yeah what article is he upset about now?

Analysts now reporting Detroit wants to trade back into the 20s to get more picks. Not sure how I feel about that, nor do I see any teams willing to do that.

If you guys can't get Jordan, Fisher, or any of your top guys might as well.

Still can get quality secondary and LB help that late.

Draxal

I had no idea Tavon Austin scored so low on his Wonderlic, but yeah, most of those rumors were out. The QB section comes out Saturday. That's when it hits the fan

Even still, we found that Tavon Austin fucked up some dumb standard test. Is he going to care when he's paid millions of dollars that some neckbeard found out about that? His entire argument is stupid.

Ayup that's the one. He's complaining about unamed sources (like that Naworcki article) and the publishing of wonderlic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I tried to look up that conversation only to find Florio has blocked me. What a coward.

Respect +100.

He never puts up any of my comments because I point out how he's just a PA mouthpiece now.

Plinko

If you guys can't get Jordan, Fisher, or any of your top guys might as well.

Still can get quality secondary and LB help that late.

Dion Jordan would be amazing.

Fantomex

Fluker seems like a worst case scenario for the Dolphins if they go for an offensive tackle. If they draft a RT that would pretty much cement J. Martin as their LT, and if you're going that route why use your first overall pick to reach for a guy like Fluker? In my opinion they should either trade up to get one of the top three LT's, hope that one of those guys lasts until 12 (Lane Johnson is the only possibility there), don't pick a tackle, or trade down. RT just seems stupid, especially when the only option is a reach to begin with.

I think Fluker is just a really bad prediction. If the phins don't trade up or down I expect them to take a CB with the 12th pick. Picks 10-20 is where draft value pretty much sucks.

LevelNth

Banned
It's absurdly heavily back-loaded and they are paying him out $27m in the next 12 months.

It's not a bad contract at all, but it's nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom