• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ian Rapaport:
- Geno Smith is likely to go in the Top 10. Spoke to someone who said he may not even be there at 6. Implying the Eagles may take him at 4.
- Jarvis Jones will be taken by the Steelers at 17 if he's there.

jakncoke

Banned
Ian Rapaport:
- Geno Smith is likely to go in the Top 10. Spoke to someone who said he may not even be there at 6. Implying the Eagles may take him at 4.

I hope Jarvis spine thing doesnt fuck his career

Ian Rapaport:

Draft spoiler : I have Jones going sooner than 17

Ian Rapaport:
I would hate to see steelers or anyone else in our Divison take Jarvis Jones
Edit: I've got him going earlier in my mock

I would hate to see steelers or anyone else in our Divison take Jarvis Jones
Edit: I've got him going earlier in my mock

That's how I feel about Te'o in the NFC North. I don't want the Bears to pick him, but I don't want anyone else to, either, because I don't want to deal with the shame of misjudging him and seeing him pewp on us twice a year.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, even before the imaginary girlfriend nonsense, I didn't believe Teo was that good of a linebacker. It all seems to be based around the scheme they ran. Even the highlight reel NFLN was playing for the year, he was always the second guy finishing off a tackle, not really showing much of a nose for the play.

Deflection picks are smoke-and-mirrors to me.

cajunator

Banned
I bet the Saints will take Jarvis if hes there and he will get injured the first year.
I have been known to be a pessimist sometimes though.

UberTag

I keep changing my picks in my mock, still not exactly how I want it
I'm hedging on a few picks more than I would in a different mock draft format because you only get points here for having a player within 3 spots of where they're drafted. So I'll stick a player I know a team doesn't need in their spot because that's roughly in the middle of the range of picks I expect them to go.

Wes

venison crêpe
Latest from Banner on the radio via OBR:
- There is a consensus player the Browns would take at #6 and its 65-35 that the player will be there when they pick.
- Browns have 20 players rated as first round talent.
- Have no plans to trade away any player on the team presently.

Sounds like Jordon to me.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Is that really the consensus? I don't remember anyone picking him in here, believe Nassib, Wilson and Manuel were the favorites.
This is a super weak QB class

I too think Geno has the best tools of any QB

Brian Billick was just bringing up how it really doesn't seem logical for Michael Lombardi to risk so much (including his job pretty much) for Geno Smith at #6, especially when the previous regime just used a first round pick on a QB last year.

Either way the more QBs that get drafted before the Lions pick at #36, the better. Its going to be great to see which QB lands where though. I honestly see the Jets taking a QB by the second round. I could see them going Nassib, Manuel, Smith or Barkely with their 2nd round pick if any of those four are available.

EDIT: ^Jesus, Joeckel looks like he's an oversized 14 year old :jnc

Watch the Lions take a WR at #36...

Nightz

Better look at the uniforms:

940x640q80.jpeg

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/us-football/stories/2013/04/dolphins-jersey-reveal

940x640q80.jpeg

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/us-football/stories/2013/04/vikings-jersey-reveal

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Is that really the consensus? I don't remember anyone picking him in here, believe Nassib, Wilson, Barkley and Manuel were the favorites.

doesnt he have a garbage arm and play bad in shitty weather? i hear ej has the most upside and that nassib has the tools to step into a good team and be competent. thats why i like them both better than geno

Crisco

Banned
Panthers can't really fuck up at 14, unless they pick Eiffert. That would be terrible. Honestly if Star isn't there they should just trade down and try to get a 3rd rounder of it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is that really the consensus? I don't remember anyone picking him in here, believe Nassib, Wilson, Barkley and Manuel were the favorites.

On pretty much all the draft boards (except SI who must be smoking something) Geno is the #1 QB.

That said he's not the #1 pick for certain style offences which is why you see the likes of Nassib, Manuel and even Barkley going ahead of him in some mocks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
doesnt he have a garbage arm and play bad in shitty weather? i hear ej has the most upside and that nassib has the tools to step into a good team and be competent. thats why i like them both better than geno
Geno has a pretty legit arm

Wes

venison crêpe
Rapaport (pretty much reiterating what we knew already):
- Raiders want to trade out of 3 but stay in Top 10.
- 49ers want to move up for a DL.
- Falcons want to move up. Mingo and Eifert targets.

Better look at the uniforms:

Miami's look pretty cool, actually. A little too bland for my taste but simplicity reigns supreme for most people.

Minnesota might as well have not even changed theirs, though. Not a fan. I also am getting sick of the white pant with the same boring stripes trend that has been a part of this league for the last forevermany years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom