• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Forgot to add, if you're going to Red Shirt a QB it's probably better to take him earlier than later to get the extra year. Won't matter if he's shit though!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, but there's a good chance that he was going in the 2nd, or maybe not, impossible to tell. Bottom line, they could have traded back further, Buddy got calls, but he was nervous about it. Stop being a pussy Buddy!

Buddy's the funniest GM in the league, easily. Some of it isn't intended. At least he entertains me more than the team.

Yeah, that's not hard to do...haha

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
All they have to do is teach him how to throw and he'll be great!

He has poor motion, but the biggest thing is he has zero fucking zip on any pass. Each one, even the line shots are so fucking slow. This guy is a cornerbacks wet dream. Safeties dream of the day a guy like this tries to go deep. Watch any pass in what is supposed to be his best game, the one against Clemson last year, and show me a single pass that isn't a complete turtle.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I heard Maycock say last night about DeAndre Hopkins: "If you question his abilities watch his bowl game against LSU!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k

Holy shit! The guy is a catching machine! Andre DeAndre !

and you can watch FMT's pick, Reid, blow it at the end of the game! Lets a 4th and 16 pass get completed, then pass interferes, then misses the ball on the pass right before the game winning FG by Clemson.

LevelNth

Banned
1. Chiefs - Fisher is fine, good pick.
2. Jags - Joeckel is a good pick as well, glad they didn't take a QB. Maybe should've been D though.
3. Dolphins - Solid trade up, their pass rush is gooooood.
4. Eagles - Like it for them, needed OL help.
5. Lions - Needed, Detroit D with no pass rush is abysmal. Probably still will be anyways.
6. Browns - Love this pick, Browns D best in the division right now. SCARY rush.
7. Cards - Unsexy, but they had no choice. Real high for a G though.
8. Rams - Ugh, fucking NFC West. Amazing tradeup, best playmaker in the draft IMO.
9. Jets - Uhhhhhhh, I guess. Borderline luxury pick, higher needs elsewhere.
10. Titans - All in on CJ2K! They have no choice right now.
11. Chargers - No choice.
12. Raiders - Trade down and get your guy. Like it. They need it too. AND FAST YEA!!
13. Jets - W. T. F. In a way I like the BPA approach, but man they need O help.
14. Panthers - Lucky bastards. Worked out great for them.
15. Saints - Good luck to him, no help back there.
16. Bills - No reason for this, would 100% be there at 41. Asinine. He's developmental. Brutal pick of Round 1.
17. Steelers - Don't like him and don't like this pick. But love how it's not making the Steelers any better.

18. 49ers - BRILLIANT LEVEL. Lol seriously though, I would've been fine with either Vaccaro, Reid or Elam. Like that we got our guy, I trust the FO. Last three picks of ours to be called reachs; Aldon, Kap and Anthony Davis. So, yeah, we're good.

19. Giants - I have no idea who this is, but they need line help... so ok?
20. Bears - Who? Whatever, they need line help. Should've taken Eifert though.
21. Bengals - Best team in the ANorth confirmed.
22. Falcons - Good trade up, need D help immensely. Falcons gonna be good yet again.
23. Vikings - Best DL in the league? Just maybe, scary good.
24. Colts - GREAT pick. Needed the help, especially after their weaksauce FA signings.
25. Vikings - Another great pick, this guy is good. Vikings easily have best D in that division.
26. Pack - Bastards, this guy is GOOD. Pack need more D help, but this is a solid start.
27. Texans - Great pick, they desperately need a 2. They'll be good again as well.
28. Broncos - Like it, they need interior help on the DL.
29. Vikings - 3 picks?! Oh my. Gave up a lot, but I like this guy and they need it.
30. Rams - Yea, good pick again. Rams and Vikes both really did well this round.
31. Cowboys - Whatever Jerry. Elam was there you idiot.
32. Ravens - Send Jerry flowers.

Pretty solid Round 1 except for the Bills misfire. Really excited for tonight.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm guessing Logan Ryan or the Honey Badger, but you never know what prospects might fall in your lap. I've seen Slay last to our pick

I'm assuming Darius Slay goes before us otherwise yeah, he's be a very nice pick up.

What happens if Cyprien falls to the middle of the second though.

Yeah, but there's a good chance that he was going in the 2nd, or maybe not, impossible to tell. Bottom line, they could have traded back further, Buddy got calls, but he was nervous about it. Stop being a pussy Buddy!

I'm just happy Buddy decided to trade back at all. That seems unlike him to try and maneuver around.

charsace

Giant Gaf. Hoping for a decent de prospect (Carradine/Hunt) or a solid mlb prospect (I wouldn't mind Teo here, would prefer Minter).

I think there is going to be good value for corners in round 3 and wrs in round 4.

As a Giants fan I'm saying no to Teo. I thought they were gonna take him in the first because the Giants love guys from the big name schools. Glad we passed and hope we don't spend our second on him.

Colasante

I enjoyed accumulating more picks, but going from 29 to 52 for the Patriots is quite a plunge. A lot of the guys who'd be good fits, like Jamar Taylor, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, or Tank Carradine- will be long gone by their first and second picks. Hopefully they target a guy they really like and trade up for him now.

I'm assuming Darius Slay goes before us otherwise yeah, he's be a very nice pick up.

What happens if Cyprien falls to the middle of the second though.
Yeah I could see us opting safety if one falls we like instead of cb in 3rd, wonder how much it would get to into the second.

I wonder if we still make the Bess trade

DCX

DCX
Lots of talent left on the board and the run on QBs start now. Atlanta passing on Floyd was a bit surprising and the TE from ND shocking.

We needed help in the secondary and i guess the front office liked Trufant more than Rhodes. Thats fine with me. Now lets see if Ertz falls or one of the Dline prospects fall. I wouldn't mind getting a LB either.

DCX

exarkun

I heard Maycock say last night about DeAndre Hopkins: "If you question his abilities watch his bowl game against LSU!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k

Holy shit! The guy is a catching machine! Andre DeAndre !

I remember this game. Dude was phenomenal, and he worked both that CB and Reid quite a bit. Hes strong, runs good routes, and has decent speed. The phrase "NFL Ready" really applies.

Looking at him all season though, the phrase "Schaub Ready" should apply since he really did bail out Tahj quite a few times with some niiiiice catches.

MechDX

I remember this game. Dude was phenomenal, and he worked both that CB and Reid quite a bit. Hes strong, runs good routes, and has decent speed. The phrase "NFL Ready" really applies.

Looking at him all season though, the phrase "Schaub Ready" should apply since he really did bail out Tahj quite a few times with some niiiiice catches.

mattschaub-doublejerk.gif

Sad but true. But if Hopkins comes in and become a legitimate #2 WR thread the Texans offense just opens up.

Wes

venison crêpe
Yeah I could see us opting safety if one falls we like instead of cb in 3rd, wonder how much it would get to into the second.

I wonder if we still make the Bess trade

I think the Bess trade happens. 5th or 6th rounder? Worth it. Little bit of experience. Solid enough for that value.

The more I look at our picks, the less I think we have the ammo to move up in to the third, let alone the second.

Nightz

After thinking about it for a bit, I still think it was a reach, but I'm slowly warming up to Fluker. Just reading about him and looking at his interviews, I love the guy's attitude and he brings some nastiness to the line that we've missed since Dielman retired. Oh and he'll finally get Clary out of the RT spot which is always a good thing.

Hoping for Armstead, Watson or Arthur Brown in the second.

squicken

Everyone wants Justin Hunter haha. Think he's going to go early.

With what the Vikes gave up, I wonder if they just straight refused to part with a 2014 #1. That draft class, not just at the top, must be amazing

harSon

Banned
Steelers aren't going to be forced to do anything. especially at RB. Not one was picked in the first round, so there's great depth there. No need to reach.

I mean forced due to the fact that there's going to be RBs available they didn't expect at the their position in the 2nd round.

LevelNth

Banned
Everyone wants Justin Hunter haha. Think he's going to go early.

With what the Vikes gave up, I wonder if they just straight refused to part with a 2014 #1. That draft class, not just at the top, must be amazing
Is he any good? I wouldn't mind the Niners taking a look at 34 there, we could use a field stretcher.

squicken

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal
So should Tavon Nation be concerned his OC is … Brian Schottenheimer?

Smart Football ‏@smartfootball
@greggrosenthal Not exactly inspiring

Schotty doesn't have many fans in the football world

Is he any good? I wouldn't mind the Niners taking a look at 34 there, we could use a field stretcher.

Big time boom or bust. Really bad hands. Just brutal drops. Also has some effort/focus issues. Normally I trust Harbs, but after Jenkins, idk

MechDX

Arian Foster finally gets drafted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...foster-to-play-role-in-new-kevin-costner-film

Houston Texans running back Arian Foster finally will get to experience the feeling of being drafted by an NFL team.

Five years after going undrafted out of Tennessee, Foster will play the role of fictional NFL draft prospect Ray Jennings in the big-budget Hollywood film, "Draft Day," according to KTRK-TV in Houston.

The movie stars Kevin Costner as Cleveland Browns general manager Sonny Weaver, who's charged with saving football in the city by trading for the No. 1 overall pick in the draft

And he gets drafted to Cleveland?

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal
So should Tavon Nation be concerned his OC is … Brian Schottenheimer?

Smart Football ‏@smartfootball
@greggrosenthal Not exactly inspiring

Schotty doesn't have many fans in the football world

Big time boom or bust. Really bad hands. Just brutal drops. Also has some effort/focus issues. Normally I trust Harbs, but after Jenkins, idk

Rosenthal is a doucher

KingGondo

Banned
I really want Mathieu, but I'd be surprised if he's available at the Browns' next pick at #67.

He seems to epitomize the style that the new regime wants on defense: attack like an animal.

Colasante

They're talking about this right now on the radio

It's not a comedy. It's more like a light-hearted drama akin to The Blind Side. It's heavy on the 'I need to make sure I don't fuck up this #1 pick because the city is counting on me' message.

I really want Mathieu, but I'd be surprised if he's available at the Browns' next pick at #67.

He seems to epitomize the style that the new regime wants on defense: attack like an animal.

I think he will be, but he's not a particularly good fit for Ray Horton's defense, I don't believe. His corners and safeties were all really big in Arizona.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A college player had a bad play?! You fucking duped us Reid!

plays, on the same drive, at the end of the game (the drive wins the game!)

If I had editing skills and footage from LSU games this year, I'd change your mind!

Just as long as no one throws corner routes on him. Can't cover them.

Ehhhh, I'm not to worried. They have weapons but I'm just not afraid of Andy Dalton. Lets see what the Bengals and Steelers do at rb in the upcoming rounds, thats what I really want to see.

As long as the Bengals keep Marvin Lewis around, they'll always be floating around 9-7 and unable to get over the hump. That, and the owner is still cheap as all fuck. But at least he doesn't rip off truckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom